Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just heard that on the radio. Very encouraged that Daly is right on top of it. He remains the best chance of getting this horror story into public consciousness 

Rumour he has a documentary in the pipe line. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Save any more clicks ...

Former celtic Boys Club manager Frank Cairney guilty of abuse

29 minutes ago

_104819439_cairney.jpg

Image copyrightPRESS TEAM

A former manager of celtic Boys Club has been found guilty of nine charges of sexually abusing young footballers.

Frank Cairney, 83, was placed on the sex offenders register and was granted bail until he is sentenced next month.

Sheriff Daniel Kelly QC praised the "courage" of Cairney's victims, who he said had brought forward these matters to public scrutiny.

The jury of eight women and seven men took two hours to reach their verdicts at Hamilton Sheriff Court.

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If it looks like a ring, walks like a ring and it talks like a ring then it’s a paedo ring.

is that all the cases done now?

If so, the BBC follow up can be aired and i’m sure the press will be all over it..

Mccafferty still to be convicted surely 

If the government do not act on this it’s a crime itself. Everyone, please use the template posted and contact MPs and MSPs.

Im going to go direct now to:

Joe Fitzpatrick MSP for sport and health 

Jeane Freeman cabinet secretary for health and sport 

Marre Todd MSP for children and young people 

Get onto them all and do not miss these fuckers.

Strathclyde's finest should be knocking on the doors of Messrs Kelly & McGinn any day now.

They enabled and facilitated a paedophile ring to operate at Parkhead.

Torbett

Cairney

McCafferty

King

Cullen

Strachan.

The evidence is overwhelming and a Public Enquiry must be called!

1 minute ago, Cool Hand Coop said:

Strathclyde's finest should be knocking on the doors of Messrs Kelly & McGinn any day now.

They enabled and facilitated a paedophile ring to operate at Parkhead.

Torbett

Cairney

McCafferty

King

Cullen

Strachan.

The evidence is overwhelming and a Public Enquiry must be called!

Hence why everyone has to call on MSPs to do so.

Demand action.

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

First reply is why no investigation into Rangers child abuse?!?! WTF is wrong with these horrible bastards?

"I'm glad Cairney will now pay for his crimes and this brings a small amount of closure to myself and other victims.

"What me and the other victims of abuse at celtic now want to see is the senior club take responsibility for the action of these abusers who operated with complete freedom within celtic Park.

"The stance celtic have taken saying they do not have any legal responsibility is revolting and insulting. celtic FC called the shots with the boys' club. It's time the club acted with some basic decency over our legal claims."

How can any sane person read this and continue to spout their bile is beyond me.

And if Im not mistaken the football club who enabled this and then turned a blind eye are still set to play a game on Sunday.

Not a thing from FIFA UEFA The SFA or the Scottish government.

Why are they still allowed to compete? why are they still allowed to employ young men little more that kids?

Who will call this out? who will bring this sordid football club to account?

And people still continue to support them and fund them via the turnstyles.
With every click they condone the past

Justice for the victims is not served until the organisation in question are fully investigated.

One of the victims, who was abused in the early 1970's, has launched a civil case against celtic FC with Thompsons Solicitors.

'I'm glad Cairney will now pay for his crimes and this brings a small amount of closure to myself and other victims'

One of Frank Cairney's victims

After the guilty verdict, he said: "Finally justice has caught up with Frank Cairney who as everyone now knows is an evil paedophile.

"He used his high standing at celtic FC though his work with the boys clubs to gain access to innocent young boys like myself and abuse them in the most horrible way.

"I'm glad Cairney will now pay for his crimes and this brings a small amount of closure to myself and other victims.

"What me and the other victims of abuse at celtic now want to see is the senior club take responsibility for the action of these abusers who operated with complete freedom within celtic Park.

"The stance celtic have taken saying they do not have any legal responsibility is revolting and insulting. celtic FC called the shots with the boys club. It's time the club acted with some basic decency over our legal claims."

This verdict leaves celtic with no place to run, no place to hide. The victims have found their voice and it's time for celtic to own responsibility.

Was there anyone involved at that boys club who WASN’T actually a fucking pervert? 

The sheer number involved during this period at one sick club outweighs every other club in Scotland combined, ever!

PS : no reply from Magners yet (see earlier post) but I’ll give them a few days before following up and quoting this latest conviction. I would urge everyone to contact sponsors, MPs, MEPs, MSPs, councillors etc.

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

"The stance celtic have taken saying they do not have any legal responsibility is revolting and insulting. celtic FC called the shots with the boys' club. It's time the club acted with some basic decency over our legal claims."

How can any sane person read this and continue to spout their bile is beyond me.

“Aye but Rangers died” seems to be their standard response!

11 minutes ago, Cool Hand Coop said:

And if Im not mistaken the football club who enabled this and then turned a blind eye are still set to play a game on Sunday.

Not a thing from FIFA UEFA The SFA or the Scottish government.

Why are they still allowed to compete? why are they still allowed to employ young men little more that kids?

Who will call this out? who will bring this sordid football club to account?

And people still continue to support them and fund them via the turnstyles.
With every click they condone the past

Justice for the victims is not served until the organisation in question are fully investigated.

Truth is bud nothing will happen as they are far too well protected in this country!

As I’ve just tweeted —— If what happened at celtic Boys Club had nothing to do with celtic why is it the celtic support who are concerned about social issues all over the country not passionately demanding an enquiry to a paedo ring operating on their door step?  Get to it right after Palestine mibbie?

Surely a fair question?

Neil Cameron calling for an Independent enquiry......

Neil Cameron‏ Verified account @NeilCameron5 2h2 hours ago

More

Neil Cameron Retweeted Mark Daly

My former colleague and pal Mark Daly has been brilliant in this. Independent enquiry surely must be up. Victims deserve that.

Momentum is gathering and it's time to ramp up the pressure on the politicians and the media doing their utmost to protect celtic.

Archived