Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3610201/celtic-boys-club-frank-cairney-molested-boy-parkhead-european-cup/

How many more of these stories have to come out before the SFA and the Scottish government decide to act. 

I'm sure the SFA will have a full detailed report on these incidents as part of their investigation into child abuse in the game .

cough cough 

7 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

says more about the parents tbh 

Pack yer bags Bernadette...wur gaun  tae Benidorm 

disgusting cunts shouldn't be allowed to breed 

if any of mine were to have been victims. 

1st option would be .5 mins in a quiet room with a blunt object .

2nd option .the justice system .

never would I be lining my pockets on the back of such a crime .these bastards are also part of the cover up .allowing further victims to be abused 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

if any of mine were to have been victims. 

1st option would be .5 mins in a quiet room with a blunt object .

2nd option .the justice system .

never would I be lining my pockets on the back of such a crime .these bastards are also part of the cover up .allowing further victims to be abused 

Think I'd be the same,

But the 2nd option would be needing the justice system to deal with me.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Think I'd be the same,

But the 2nd option would be needing the justice system to deal with me.

there is no way a father wouldn't want to do serious permanent damage to a beast .no way .

they would be left unable to commit any further incidents either by being in a box or maimed so badly that they would be unfit to even move anything bar eyelids 

16 hours ago, watpnosurrender said:

some taigy fenian bastard on twitter has said to the mother of Andrew grey its her fault for the abuse that happened to her son thats a fucking disgusting thing to say

another of those pesky phones being hacked again surely 

Just sent this to Magners, their main sponsors.

Feel free to tweak/adapt and send to as many of their sponsors as possible. 

If and when sponsors start leaving, the press and the SFA will have to come out of hiding.

“Hello,

I’ve been following recent court proceedings against a number of individuals associated with celtic FC and the details of what went on at the club and it’s boys club are horrific.

Another case has started this week and again the abusive acts of the alleged perpetrator appear to have been common knowledge but no-one at celtic contacted the police or acted to protect the children.

This is just the latest in a string of such cases and, joining the dots, it bears all the hallmarks of an established paedophile ring.

I’m aware of the strong bond between Magners and celtic and, although your product is aimed at the adult market, I would imagine that you would wish to see yourselves as family friendly and certainly not supportive of an organisation with a growing list of offences against children. What most people find almost as intolerable is the lengths that celtic FC went to to cover up these cases and to protect the perpetrators.

There are now completed cases against representatives and employees of celtic FC on the record with another under way and more to follow and Magners is providing financial support to this organisation.

The loss of my custom as a consumer of your product may not be significant to you but, be assured that I am not alone in rethinking my choice of drink when my preferred choice is indirectly funding an organisation where protecting their good (sic) name was deemed more important than protecting children in their care.

Can you please let me know your company’s view on this and also, if the current state of affairs does NOT merit a review of your sponsorship/connection with celtic FC, can you please give me an idea just how bad it has to get?

Thank you for your time,

Regards.....”

53 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Scum lawyers getting sacked for missing this guy with the brown envelopes 

don't think Brown envelopes are going to be helping him .

at the age of 82 there's a good chance he will be in a box when he gets out .

conscience before he meets his maker will be more important than luxury tena pads 

IN COURT 

Late celtic hero John Doyle ‘reported claims a lad had been molested by Boys Club coach Frank Cairney’

The winger is said to have accompanied a boy who claimed he had been molested by the coach

By David Meikle

12th December 2018, 2:13 pm

Updated: 12th December 2018, 2:13 pm

LATE celtic hero John Doyle reported claims a boy had been abused by Frank Cairney while playing for a youth team, a court has heard.

The winger is said to have accompanied a boy who claimed he had been molested by the coach at St Columba's Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire.

NINTCHDBPICT000001065274-e1544622304215.

celtic hero John Doyle is said to have reported claims a boy was molested by Frank Cairney

Cairney is on trial at Hamilton Sheriff Court and denies 10 charges of historic sexual abuse spanning between 1965 and 1986.

Former youth coach Michael McCormick told the jury Doyle visited his home around 1971 to tell him a youth had been molested.

Mr McCormick, 74, coached St Columba’s when the incident is alleged to have occurred.

He said: "I had a good relationship with Frank until a boy was brought to my door with a complaint.

"The late John Doyle brought the boy to my door. They said that Frank was touching the boy and interfering with him.

Cairney is on trial at Hamilton Sheriff Court

"It was the first I had heard of it. I told the boy to tell his parents but he did not."

The jury heard Mr McCormick say he told a parish priest about the complaint and confronted Cairney.

He added: "I felt sick at the thought of Frank touching that boy.

Former celtic Boys Club manager Frank Cairney ‘molested young boy during European Cup match at Parkhead’

"Frank got a bit upset. He said it would ruin him at celtic Park."

The court heard Doyle later played for celtic until his death in 1981.

The trial also heard a former footballer claim he was molested by Cairney in his car in 1984.

The 51-year-old said: "All I wanted to do was play for celtic and here I was at the club being trained by Frank Cairney and Jimmy Johnstone.

"Frank was the manager of the under-16 team and had a lot of power in that area so could have opened doors for me. This was Glasgow celtic and the best under-16 team in Scotland."

The man claimed Cairney ordered him to climb into the front of the car after they had dropped off others boys.

He added: "I got out the back and walked round with my celtic Boys Club bag and sat in the car with it over my leg and my arm over it.

"He told me to get the bag in the back and I said it was fine where it was and he threw it in the back.

"There had been rumours and whispers among the boys saying you do not want left alone with Frank Cairney and that bag was almost like a safety blanket.

"We were talking about football as we drove and as we got closer to Shotts, he blatantly put his hand on my groin and had a full feel of my groin, it was a full on grope.

"I knocked his hand away and told him to f**k off and he swung his left hand and swung it at my shoulder and said that language wasn't welcome at Parkhead. I was terrified and I told him to stop the car which he did."

The trial before Sheriff Daniel Kelly QC continues.

The truth's coming out at long last.

Time for celtic to own responsibility.

Archived