Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It's front page news on basically every newspaper and the BBC have went to town on them. By all means criticise the media when they're in the wrong but this 100% isn't being ignored.

Its being ignored by spence, spiers, gollum, SSB, english....all the usual suspects who are usually so vocal and fire out the column inches left right and centre re us....are completely silent apart from a couple of reteets - some not even that.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Is there a link in this thread about Lieswell being at the chapel tonight with that cunt of a priest white, sure I read it somewhere, any help on this. 

Cheers. ?? 

It will take more than confession and absolution to weasel their way out of this one.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Its being ignored by spence, spiers, gollum, SSB, english....all the usual suspects who are usually so vocal and fire out the column inches left right and centre re us....are completely silent apart from a couple of reteets - some not even that.

Individual journalists may be ignoring it but the wider media isn't.

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I've not heard any radio today, does anyone know if it has been talked about on Talksport today?

8 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Is there a link in this thread about Lieswell being at the chapel tonight with that cunt of a priest white, sure I read it somewhere, any help on this. 

Cheers. ?? 

Cant renember the thread. Google celtic FC 130 year anniversary special mass.

You'll find articles.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Its a lot of individuals who are relatively major figures in scottish sport and have a significant platform

Correct but I don't think you can say a story that is front page news on most if not all national newspapers and has the national broadcaster going after them is being ignored.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Correct but I don't think you can say a story that is front page news on most if not all national newspapers and has the national broadcaster going after them is being ignored.

I'M not - but it is being ignored by a significant sporting voice in Scotland

BBC have updated their report

celtic FC has been criticised for its failure to comment on the conviction of paedophile Jim Torbett.

The celtic Boys Club founder was jailed for six years on Monday after being found guilty of sexually abusing three boys over an eight-year period.

But more than 24 hours after the trial concluded celtic FC has not responded.

The football club told the BBC last year the Boys Club was a "separate and distinct" organisation.

However decades of celtic View magazines, and never before seen footage obtained by BBC Scotland, shows how the two clubs were intertwined.

And campaigners argue celtic FC has a duty of care to the young footballers who wore the famous green and white hoops.

Martin Henry is chairing a Scottish Football Association report into historical sex abuse.

He said: "I believe all the clubs affected by this issue should apologise to those who have been most personally affected and, indeed, their families."

Mr Henry said clubs may try to "obfuscate or dodge the issue" following legal advice and amid insurance concerns. 

But he added: "My view is that the moral situation predominates and they have a duty and an obligation to issue an apology to those affected."

Janine Rennie, chief executive of Incare Survivors Service Scotland, said it was "very disappointing" that celtic had not issued a statement following Torbett's conviction.

She also told BBC Scotland the club should not be viewed as a "separate legal entity" and should therefore compensate victims of abuse.

Ms Rennie said: "We are aware that Mr Torbett was a previous offender and had come back into celtic so we really feel celtic has a responsibility to say why that happened."

She said the club should also be conducting its own review into historical child abuse in the same way Manchester City launched a probe in November 2016.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

BBC have updated their report

celtic FC has been criticised for its failure to comment on the conviction of paedophile Jim Torbett.

The celtic Boys Club founder was jailed for six years on Monday after being found guilty of sexually abusing three boys over an eight-year period.

But more than 24 hours after the trial concluded celtic FC has not responded.

The football club told the BBC last year the Boys Club was a "separate and distinct" organisation.

However decades of celtic View magazines, and never before seen footage obtained by BBC Scotland, shows how the two clubs were intertwined.

And campaigners argue celtic FC has a duty of care to the young footballers who wore the famous green and white hoops.

Martin Henry is chairing a Scottish Football Association report into historical sex abuse.

He said: "I believe all the clubs affected by this issue should apologise to those who have been most personally affected and, indeed, their families."

Mr Henry said clubs may try to "obfuscate or dodge the issue" following legal advice and amid insurance concerns. 

But he added: "My view is that the moral situation predominates and they have a duty and an obligation to issue an apology to those affected."

Janine Rennie, chief executive of Incare Survivors Service Scotland, said it was "very disappointing" that celtic had not issued a statement following Torbett's conviction.

She also told BBC Scotland the club should not be viewed as a "separate legal entity" and should therefore compensate victims of abuse.

Ms Rennie said: "We are aware that Mr Torbett was a previous offender and had come back into celtic so we really feel celtic has a responsibility to say why that happened."

She said the club should also be conducting its own review into historical child abuse in the same way Manchester City launched a probe in November 2016.

Some of that was in the report from Specky tonight on RS which was weird to say the least knowing where his loyalties are. For once the BBC seem to be the only ones in Scotland really pushing this. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Some of that was in the report from Specky tonight on RS which was weird to say the least knowing where his loyalties are. For once the BBC seem to be the only ones in Scotland really pushing this. 

I noticed earlier mate that you're on twitter (I'm not) has anyone asked Dornan Speirs English etc their views ? 

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

I noticed earlier mate that you're on twitter (I'm not) has anyone asked Dornan Speirs English etc their views ? 

I have not seen anything mate, but I notice @cushynumber saying many who would be tweeting are saying nothing, no surprise I suppose. I have retweeted the petition a few times that is also on here but I do not expect it do get anywhere.  

6 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

dornan hasn't mentioned it last I looked and neither had Speirs or English. In fact the only one even approaching it is Spiers and his was in relation to point scoring

35 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

McLaughlin did the BBC piece on them tonight.

Archived