We were lied to.

Bydo

OK, we've been lied to a lot recently, but specifically the #goingfor55 campaign when shifting season tickets.

But no, second was always the target. The money spent on the squad and the signings made certainly did not give me any indication we were going for the title.

How are they going to sell them next year? 

#goingfornotbeing20+pointsbehindthetarriers?

I feel fucking swindled by my own club.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

OK, we've been lied to a lot recently, but specifically the #goingfor55 campaign when shifting season tickets.

But no, second was always the target. The money spent on the squad and the signings made certainly did not give me any indication we were going for the title.

Well don't fecking buy it next season, in fact don't go back (tu)

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

No shit Sherlock!

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

same as this season..our next title will be 55 I like u assumed that hashtag meant this season tho.

regardless of what happens the fans are going to turn up and buy ST's mate nothing needs sold to us it's what we do

Of course it was meant for this season ya numpty :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Did you really think we would win the league this year ? I didn't mate I expected us to come 2nd , I also expected us to progress, the board have backed Warburton considering our circumstances we are in still financially but unfortunately it isn't working out for Mark he is out his depth. I'm sure the board are seeing what we are seeing and Probably looking at what decisions are to be made now to take the Club further for next season as I think Warburton will be gone. 

6 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Next season it will be spend spend for the Europa, which of course we will never get through to the group stage, so it's a kerching for king, if we are so gullible again of course. If we are, then we truly deserve it right up the erse. 

If king's not all about the money then he won't mind us filling the stadium on a pay as you basis and he will gone quicker than a taig dodging soap!

Show us the colur of YOUR money Dave. Thought not!

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Actually it wasn't a lie or a con, we are going for 55.....just not this season or the next or the next, but we are going for 55 eventually.

#GoingFor55Eventually :lol:

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Next season it will be spend spend for the Europa, which of course we will never get through to the group stage, so it's a kerching for king, if we are so gullible again of course. If we are, then we truly deserve it right up the erse. 

If king's not all about the money then he won't mind us filling the stadium on a pay as you basis and he will gone quicker than a taig dodging soap!

Show us the colur of YOUR money Dave. Thought not!

The Qualifiers start in June I think mate this team won't get past first hurdle and the Transfer window won't be open till 1st July were fucked these players are bottle merchants. 

17 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Did the hashtag convince you to buy your ST?

20 minutes ago, North Rd said:

Well don't fecking buy it next season, in fact don't go back (tu)

I never said I wouldn't buy it. I'm saying that second should never, ever, be the target for Rangers.

And don't tell me not to go back to Ibrox. I've put up with just as much pish as the rest of us. 

27 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Supporters help fund the club through thick and thin not because of some wee slogan thought up by a media company. Not happy with our position or teams attitude at the moment but doesnt make me not support them.

See when this board this management team and groupmof players have moved on we will still be buying season tickets and Supporting who ever are IN their place.

sc

3 minutes ago, JograBear said:

A bit of pre-season optimism for our first season back in the Premier and now some are calling it a con. This forum really goes downhill badly after a poor result.

Not to mention it might have been something to do with a song that was quite popular amongst the fans at the time...

Oh Warburton is magic...

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

same as this season..our next title will be 55 I like u assumed that hashtag meant this season tho.

regardless of what happens the fans are going to turn up and buy ST's mate nothing needs sold to us it's what we do

I agree that there is a hardcore of 27-32k that will always buy them.  That said, we won't get anywhere near the 42k plus ST holder we currently have which was a result of promotion and #goingfor55 - the empty seats today suggests many have already become fed up.  

The good thing is that fear of losing 8-10k st holders should provoke the board into action eventually!

I think a few folk are missing the point of this.

We are being told repeatedly, now, that second was always the target.

Sure, we weren't going to just turn up and win the league this year, but we definitely should be going for it a damn sight better than we are now.

12 wins out of 24 is mid table mediocrity form. No more than that. 

Hardly 'going for 55', is it?

5 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I think a few folk are missing the point of this.

We are being told repeatedly, now, that second was always the target.

Sure, we weren't going to just turn up and win the league this year, but we definitely should be going for it a damn sight better than we are now.

12 wins out of 24 is mid table mediocrity form. No more than that. 

Hardly 'going for 55', is it?

Exactly, but some just can't help deflecting on behalf of their precious mendacious one.