We were lied to.

Bydo

6 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I think a few folk are missing the point of this.

We are being told repeatedly, now, that second was always the target.

Sure, we weren't going to just turn up and win the league this year, but we definitely should be going for it a damn sight better than we are now.

12 wins out of 24 is mid table mediocrity form. No more than that. 

Hardly 'going for 55', is it?

Were the board to know when they were marketing STs that Warburton was going to shit the bed this season?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I agree that there is a hardcore of 27-32k that will always buy them.  That said, we won't get anywhere near the 42k plus ST holder we currently have which was a result of promotion and #goingfor55 - the empty seats today suggests many have already become fed up.  

The good thing is that fear of losing 8-10k st holders should provoke the board into action eventually!

I can't be bothered with the rest of the league campaign but come August I'll be ready to go again. Am sure many will be we will get the same numbers for next season imo

I don't think anyone set out to purposely lie the aim at the start of the season was to win the league.

Most on here were certainly not complaining about the standard of signings in the summer from what I can recall. Also can't think of many posts/threads predicting we would have as awful a season as the one right now.

Niko, Barton and Rossiter looked an excellent midfield on paper and spending £1.8m on Garner who most fans probably thought when signed would get a15-20 goals per season and should have been for the kind of money that was paid out.

The two biggest problems are/were signing sevreal players that were clearly not fit or injured and MW just being such a dreadful manager.

45 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

same as this season..our next title will be 55 I like u assumed that hashtag meant this season tho.

regardless of what happens the fans are going to turn up and buy ST's mate nothing needs sold to us it's what we do

I'll be there ?

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Were the board to know when they were marketing STs that Warburton was going to shit the bed this season?

Are you angling for a job as official club reporter or something? Your like the next Chris Graham 

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not to mention it might have been something to do with a song that was quite popular amongst the fans at the time...

Oh Warburton is magic...

Somehow I dont think we'll ever hear that song again......

Unless he somehow contrives to pump the filth in the final of the cup :lol:

Just now, K.A.I said:

Are you angling for a job as official club reporter or something? Your like the next Chris Graham 

No, I'm more than happy continuing to work with SBNation independent of the club. I enjoy having the scope to criticise the club where necessary. From what I'm told I've put a few noses out of joint in the club media team anyway so it wouldn't be likely.

Ok, Dave King promised he'd pump £30m into the coffers, but he has already lost £20m of his own dosh in previous years and now is dubius about wasting more cash because the league is over.

The last few years have seen the great unwashed win a few tainted titles without any challenge whatsoever and now that we are back, Liewell bought good players just to solidify their position.

I, like others now have doubts about MW's capability of taking our club back to the top of the pile. He took off our best player and was booed for his action, Halliday's been missing in action and today proved Tav is too predictable with poor crosses and defending. As for Keirnan, don't even go there.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Watching you Dude.:lookinmirror:

I've been nothing if not consistent. You won't find me anywhere saying DK is my preferred choice to control Rangers (given free choice).

Arguing that MW has been financially backed to a point where we should be comfortably ahead of the likes of Aberdeen & Hearts though is a different matter. :matron:

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

same as this season..our next title will be 55 I like u assumed that hashtag meant this season tho.

regardless of what happens the fans are going to turn up and buy ST's mate nothing needs sold to us it's what we do

I hope you're right mate.

By the way- at no point did I say that I wouldn't have bought my ST without that tag line. I've bought my ticket many times before and will continue to do so.

I just believe that we have been wholly short changed this season.

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So what relevance does a hashtag from 8 months ago have then?

Plenty- I bought a season ticket and expected a half decent challenge, even if we were never expected to win. We haven't nearly had that.

Just now, Bydo said:

Plenty- I bought a season ticket and expected a half decent challenge, even if  and we were never expected to win. We haven't nearly had that.

So you feel swindled because the board cant see into the future and know Warburton was going to fail to beat Ross County in three attempts?