The time its taking to get a manager in

Smile

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Does this tell us maybe it's someone contracted to another club rather than someone available now.?

Not necessarily, it may be that with the money the board's offering people are walking out laughing their heads off at the promise of a £30 million transfer budget.

I think the likelihood is that the board may well have had grand ambitions to appoint a "big name", but have gone fucking running to the hills when told what it will cost to attract someone of a competent and proven quality. 

I dare say we are somewhere around the middle of the list of candidates as we progressively move down it towards an affordable level. 

The absolute fucking shocking and horrendously predictable thing about this whole debacle is that we will end up with some cunt like Tommy Wright after spending the last three weeks pissing around meeting with cunts who are well in excess of our financial reach. 

All in all, it is a glaring display of fucking utter incompetence, and with King calling the shots, what the FUCK is he doing sat on his arse in south africa? he didnt meet warburton, and look how that turned out. 

Get over here you sleekit bastard and take charge. YOU asked for this so YOU fucking fix it. 

7 minutes ago, weehank said:

I hope this is the case and not that the ones we were after knocked us back and now we're back to square one and having to look elsewhere 

To me it just seems more likely we are now looking for a Permanent Manager given that there are plenty out of work Managers we could get now.

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Have we got to a point where it's noticeably long though? It's 2 and a half weeks since Warburton left. I'm not sure it's that's abnormal for a replacement not to be in by this point.

It's been a long Seventeen days to be leaderless and bumbling from one disaster to another for me.

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Tells me that legally Warburton is probably still the Rangers manager and the board are a shower of incompetent arseholes

Have seen this mentioned a few times and I'm not even sure what it means. Manager is just a job, you could have 15 of them if you wanted to, whether Warburton has a case for his dismissal or not is irrelevant to hiring someone else.

Reason we don't have someone in already is because this board are reactionary and behind the curve. They knew they were getting rid of Warburton and yet hadn't the foggiest idea who they were bringing in.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Nope, the board are just incompetent.

This. Having no contingency  plan in place for MW after watching him stumble from one embarrassment to another for the last 15 months should tell us all we need to know about this board. They simply do not know what they are doing. 

10 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

If I was hiring someone for my business I'd probably take a few weeks.

If I was hiring for the biggest club in the country I would take a lot longer.

Don't be so impatient.

Stop being so sensible, you are supposed jump on the anti board bandwagon.

18 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

If I was hiring someone for my business I'd probably take a few weeks.

If I was hiring for the biggest club in the country I would take a lot longer.

Don't be so impatient.

If you're planning on getting rid of your manager, why do you not have a temporary solution in place? Nobody is saying we need to have the next Guardiola ready to go as soon as Warburton leaves, but clearly leaving Murty in charge is not an option.