Pedro Caixinha has told his Rangers players they will see the devil

Smile

18 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He certainly likes to talk. 

So far I'm impressed with what he has to say but the proof is on the pitch, glad he has the rest of the season to settle in before the summer and the rebuild begins. 

Yeah talk is cheap. I think he's a genuine enough guy who's serious about the game but so far all he's said is he likes to use psychology to boost the players confidence and make them believe in themselves, make our attacks more direct and players more aggressive, likes to mix up training, and that he doesn't mind letting people know what's on his mind. This isn't revolutionary and is what every manager is supposed to do.

I'm hoping its just that foreign thing were they have a bit of ego and like to create that mysterious impression but he's going to be tested in every way at Rangers. He might as well forget all he's learned before because the pressure he will feel when things go wrong will test him like nothing he's ever known. We all know the press will be lapping all this talk up because it makes the fall even bigger. Someone at the club should have told him the score.

Hopefully its just the honeymoon period and he'll be too focused on games soon to waffle on in this way as the good thing is what he's saying is bang on and practical in terms of what we need. We all know we need aggression and to be more direct about scoring goals, finishing games, and bagging points. Being pragmatic is what we need and that's the way he's sounding to me even if he has a way of playing and football style that he likes his teams to try and implement most of the time. He also sounds like a perfectionist when it comes to training so here's hoping it all clicks quickly and he can settle in properly before next season.    

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, ryan_rfc said:

Agree, it's odd how much detail he is going in to when speaking to the media, almost like he is trying to prove something to them.  It's not so much other managers getting better from what he's saying but the media being able to use a lot of this against him if it takes a bit to get going.

This is what I was meaning a bit with my post above. Its a sad day that we can't just enjoy our new manager and his enthusiasm for the game but they are a bunch of cynical tramps who will be lapping this up knowing if he struggles they can ridicule the guy. Someone should have told him more strongly as the sad truth is that you get treated like shite for being so open and frank in Scottish football if you are the Rangers manager. To be fair they done the same with that Deila character at the scum too with their talk of him being a number 2 from a shit football country like Norway. I wish we could replace the wankers so that we could progress our game by being enthusiastic and positive like the way the English always have been. 

13 hours ago, smartypants said:

There's definitely something of the night about him. 

Reminds me of Al Pacino's character in The Devil's Advocate :lol:

Don't ffs, I'm trying to get serious about the guy :lol: 

Hope to fuck he stops with this kind of bull fighting terminator wacky football man of mystery talk and we can give him the benefit of the doubt for being a bit foreign. If he keeps winning he can talk all the shit he wants right enough.

12 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

FFS .... the Scottish Press .....  :rofl: .... Is there no one at Ibrox capable of vetting this type of thing and putting PC wise to them.

Hmmm! ...... I'm not sure that's the best interview he has done or will do in the future .... seems to me he is desperately wanting people to know more about him than we really need to know.

All this guff about "when I was in Mexico" and "when I was a student" does not fill me with any inspiration whatsoever ..... football wise ...... all it tells me is that he is not entirely confident in his own abilities if he continually has to talk about them ..... all this hearts and minds stuff? ..... sure change the players mentality, but just do it mate ... that will be enough. 

I don't want to hear about his life experiences ..... I just simply want him to make things work on the park .... all this personal revelation into his psyche is actually of no relevance ..... this article reads like a Hello magazine .... "Expose of Pedro" ..... "What's really on Pedro's Mind?" ..... "Pedro reveals what he is really all about" ..... "Pedro tells us about his dark side"..... Ooooooh!

FFS what will it be next week ..... "Pedro reveals his secret recipe for Portuguese cuisine" ..... "Pedro let's us all into a little secret he uses in the kitchen .... how to boil an egg in two minutes rather than three" ...... :p:

Just get out onto the park and put the three points on the table and continue in that fashion .... that's what you are here for .... just do that for us and you will be a hero mate.

:UK:

That's how you say it Bobby :thumbup:

But I think it will be a topless calendar print with him riding on top of a bull sporting a Uzi whilst smoking a Cuban :UK: 

I see nothing wrong with that interview, its good to know a bit of background about what makes the man tick, it was Pedro who? a couple of weeks ago so any info from him is not made up press bullshit, yes talk is cheap but initial impressions from me are positive ones, might be different at 4.45 today right enough.

Warburtons entrance to the club was also impressive but after McCoists mess anything was welcome.

21 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

If we're struggling in a game it'll be a nice change of pace to see our manager actually screaming at the players and booting hole as required, something there hasn't been for a good few year now at Ibrox.

What do you mean...if walking to the edge of the technical area and clapping your hands really quickly doesn't motivate the players then nothing will! 

He's a very effective, passionate communicator. This can only be a good thing in getting the best out of the players, I think/hope the players will really buy into his enthusiasm. It's a real quality to have if your players want to play for you. 

I felt MW was too monotone and uninteresting for the players to buy into him

15 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

FFS .... the Scottish Press .....  :rofl: .... Is there no one at Ibrox capable of vetting this type of thing and putting PC wise to them.

Hmmm! ...... I'm not sure that's the best interview he has done or will do in the future .... seems to me he is desperately wanting people to know more about him than we really need to know.

All this guff about "when I was in Mexico" and "when I was a student" does not fill me with any inspiration whatsoever ..... football wise ...... all it tells me is that he is not entirely confident in his own abilities if he continually has to talk about them ..... all this hearts and minds stuff? ..... sure change the players mentality, but just do it mate ... that will be enough. 

I don't want to hear about his life experiences ..... I just simply want him to make things work on the park .... all this personal revelation into his psyche is actually of no relevance ..... this article reads like a Hello magazine .... "Expose of Pedro" ..... "What's really on Pedro's Mind?" ..... "Pedro reveals what he is really all about" ..... "Pedro tells us about his dark side"..... Ooooooh!

FFS what will it be next week ..... "Pedro reveals his secret recipe for Portuguese cuisine" ..... "Pedro let's us all into a little secret he uses in the kitchen .... how to boil an egg in two minutes rather than three" ...... :p:

Just get out onto the park and put the three points on the table and continue in that fashion .... that's what you are here for .... just do that for us and you will be a hero mate.

:UK:

He's doing it to get buy in from the fans early on and also let the media know he won't be taking any of their shite either.

Thought that was obvious!

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Many on here repeating all the same stuff they said about Warburton, seems we never learn.  We need to stop praising players and management until we see some progress on and off the field.

Fuck... I'm in the middle of getting my Pedro tattoo right now. Hope I'm not making a mistake...

4 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah talk is cheap. I think he's a genuine enough guy who's serious about the game but so far all he's said is he likes to use psychology to boost the players confidence and make them believe in themselves, make our attacks more direct and players more aggressive, likes to mix up training, and that he doesn't mind letting people know what's on his mind. This isn't revolutionary and is what every manager is supposed to do.

I'm hoping its just that foreign thing were they have a bit of ego and like to create that mysterious impression but he's going to be tested in every way at Rangers. He might as well forget all he's learned before because the pressure he will feel when things go wrong will test him like nothing he's ever known. We all know the press will be lapping all this talk up because it makes the fall even bigger. Someone at the club should have told him the score.

Hopefully its just the honeymoon period and he'll be too focused on games soon to waffle on in this way as the good thing is what he's saying is bang on and practical in terms of what we need. We all know we need aggression and to be more direct about scoring goals, finishing games, and bagging points. Being pragmatic is what we need and that's the way he's sounding to me even if he has a way of playing and football style that he likes his teams to try and implement most of the time. He also sounds like a perfectionist when it comes to training so here's hoping it all clicks quickly and he can settle in properly before next season.    

You just know they are all sitting waiting with the knifes at the ready, first time it ain't going so well out they will come. 

20 hours ago, ryan_rfc said:

Agree, it's odd how much detail he is going in to when speaking to the media, almost like he is trying to prove something to them.  It's not so much other managers getting better from what he's saying but the media being able to use a lot of this against him if it takes a bit to get going.

May calm down a bit when he gets into playing matches & he's got something tangible to talk about.

All just about him laying out his credentials until the action kicks off for real.