***The Masters 2017 Thread***

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can, and probably will happen. Quite frankly as long as Spieth doesn't win I think most will be pleased!

1st choice would be one of my bets, 2nd choice Sergio, 3rd choice Rose.

I think someone will come from deep, maybe a Scott, Schwartzel or Westwood and go on a run. Should be good...........

46 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Anything can, and probably will happen. Quite frankly as long as Spieth doesn't win I think most will be pleased!

1st choice would be one of my bets, 2nd choice Sergio, 3rd choice Rose.

I think someone will come from deep, maybe a Scott, Schwartzel or Westwood and go on a run. Should be good...........

Hope schwartzl doesn't win it I thought I had him on only to find out I hadn't done him. Might cover him tomorrow infact just in case

18 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Hope schwartzl doesn't win it I thought I had him on only to find out I hadn't done him. Might cover him tomorrow infact just in case

Got him at 300s with a price rush! Needless to say he's the one I'm routing for most!

10 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Spieth benefiting from a couple of members bounces already. If his putter starts to run hot I won't be surprised to see him going out tomorrow in the last couple of groups. Hope not though as i just find him incredibly dull to watch.

I generally find that he is a spawny cunt, gets tons of lucky breaks that allow him to get into position to challenge.  Then his putter goes red hot.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think if Rose or Garcia can shoot 68 they win the masters. 

-10 would rule out most of the field so I think you're correct. Sadly I don't know if Garcia has the temperament. Would like to be proved wrong. I do fancy someone to challenge the course record for some reason though with a little less pressure on them........ 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

-10 would rule out most of the field so I think you're correct. Sadly I don't know if Garcia has the temperament. Would like to be proved wrong. I do fancy someone to challenge the course record for some reason though with a little less pressure on them........ 

Yeah You always get somebody coming from the pack n going low so that is a shout.

Think the two of them will have -4 as a target. Garcia is a confidence player whereas Rose is a grinder. Sergio needs a decent start with no drama through first few holes to stand a chance.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah You always get somebody coming from the pack n going low so that is a shout.

Think the two of them will have -4 as a target. Garcia is a confidence player whereas Rose is a grinder. Sergio needs a decent start with no drama through first few holes to stand a chance.

If Sergio can channel himself in the right way he has a helluva chance. His ball striking and tee to green is as good as it gets. 5-10 footers, when the heat is on will test him. Him and Westwood have always had that vulnerability about their game. 

Adam Scott kinda falls into that category too. He's been playing excellent golf all week but his short putting has killed him. If he gets it going early and gets the putter hot, he could seriously threaten........