John Lundstram

KeyserSoze

Just now, Bluekev said:

I’ve said that mate. He’d cost at least £2mil to replace and I doubt that would even buy anyone near the standard that he is.

Lundstram came in when we had guys like Arfield, Davis etc too to show him about what’s expected at our club. You need guys like him, Tav and Goldson and hopefully Butland will become that.

All successful teams have guys who stay long term and through their prime.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Is Barasic one of the first names on the team sheet and one of our best players?

Hold on, you had moved goalposts that we should be keeping players because they know what it means to play for a team that needs to win every game.

what is it, does that just depend on what player it is?

Should we have just kept Morelos and Kent too then?

We're highly unlikely to get a replacement who can reach the levels he can when he's on it. The problem is obviously when he's not on it. We've got a manager who seems to get the best out of everyone he has available to him including Lundstram so it's a definite yes from me.

13 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He always had these performances in his locker, just was constantly asked to do other stuff that took him away from the job he can do well

Keep him, get sterling in there to learn from him and our midfield is as solid as its been for years

That’s not true.

He chucked it last season and threw Gio under the bus.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Did he not?

The game were he got booked on purpose then the disgrace at St Johnstone.

Did you miss that?

you said he chucked it last season. the season is 38 games. you did not say he chucked it in certain ones.

so your basing this off the fact he gets yellow cards and a bad game. mental.

every time i see him he runs his backside off and the sheer volume of work he does is something i would be very worried to be without.

he has the traits of a player that every big club loves to have in their team.

Just now, Mclean RFC said:

you said he chucked it last season. the season is 38 games. you did not say he chucked it in certain ones.

every time i see him he runs his backside off and the sheer volume of work he does is something i would be very worried to be without.

Yeah, you have no idea what i was talking about.

Thought that.

2 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

A needless yellow to get himself suspended, and a bottled 50/50 and not bothering his arse to track back after and moaning at Sakala for his mistake. That’s not just bad games

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A needless yellow to get himself suspended, and a bottled 50/50 and not bothering his arse to track back after and moaning at Sakala for his mistake. That’s not just bad games

okay i will accept this but can you name a player who has never been demotivated or made mistakes.

sakala was absolute shite. i would have been pissed at him too.

4 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

okay i will accept this but can you name a player who has never been demotivated or made mistakes.

sakala was absolute shite. i would have been pissed at him too.

You’d moan at Sakala for you taking a shite touch and bottling the proceeding 50/50?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’d moan at Sakala for you taking a shite touch and bottling the proceeding 50/50?

you really have a chip on your shoulder about him over a 50/50 ?

the good he has done heavily outweighs any negative.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He should only be offered a contract at the end of the season and he’s kept his levels up until then imo 

yeah let us just wait to the last second to get arguably our best player on a new deal. 

if he keeps up what he is doing now he is going to have lots of people after him if they are not already.

26 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We're highly unlikely to get a replacement who can reach the levels he can when he's on it. The problem is obviously when he's not on it. We've got a manager who seems to get the best out of everyone he has available to him including Lundstram so it's a definite yes from me.

In a way this sums up our continued failings, we’re overloaded with players who can put 2 or 3 max high level performances then drop off a cliff (or get injured). 

We desperately need consistent 7or8 out of 10 performances from the players.  

The new manager is obviously addressing that and JL appears to be the one leading the line.  

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hold on, you had moved goalposts that we should be keeping players because they know what it means to play for a team that needs to win every game.

what is it, does that just depend on what player it is?

Should we have just kept Morelos and Kent too then?

Obviously it depends on what player it is, having players that are good and know the club we should keep…

It’s not moving the goalposts :lol:

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He should only be offered a contract at the end of the season and he’s kept his levels up until then imo 

I agree with this but doesn't that also allow others to approach him on pre contract?

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Like who?

What players do we have on 30k a week who are looking at a new multi year deal on same or maybe even improved terms up to wages like Tav, Butland and Goldson.

Never said anyone earning the same but getting guys like Roofe, Davies, Jack, Cifuentes, Matondo, Wright, Lammers and arguably Dessers off the wage bill would be more beneficial than someone who is playing a major role under the new manager. 

We would then start to build a squad round these important experienced players.