UEFA Cup and Pedro's budget

kris1984

So been trying to work out how a run in the UEFA cup could affect Pedro's budget.

This is assuming we make the groups which is a HUGE assumption.

3 qualifiers with £200k prize money for each. So £600k

thats 3 games I think we'll sell out given it's a return after so long. 50k at £25 a ticket x 3 games = £3.75

So we've made £4.35m if we get this far

if we go in the groups there is £2.6m straight payment and £200k per win. Another £500k if we get out the groups. I'm going to assume we don't win a game 

so another £3.75m for selling out and the £2.6m added to the £4.35m we already made

That's £10.7m in the bank. Potentially more if we don't scrape a few wins. 

With that in mind and real possibility I thinks it's worth gambling £6-8m to give Pedro actual money to spend. Plus whatever he sells and King coughs up

wishful thinking?

2 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

So been trying to work out how a run in the UEFA cup could affect Pedro's budget.

This is assuming we make the groups which is a HUGE assumption.

3 qualifiers with £200k prize money for each. So £600k

thats 3 games I think we'll sell out given it's a return after so long. 50k at £25 a ticket x 3 games = £3.75

So we've made £4.35m if we get this far

if we go in the groups there is £2.6m straight payment and £200k per win. Another £500k if we get out the groups. I'm going to assume we don't win a game 

so another £3.75m for selling out and the £2.6m added to the £4.35m we already made

That's £10.7m in the bank. Potentially more if we don't scrape a few wins. 

With that in mind and real possibility I thinks it's worth gambling £6-8m to give Pedro actual money to spend. Plus whatever he sells and King coughs up

wishful thinking?

Yup.

Still tho say we do get to the groups and get the near £11m and King/extra fro. season tickets come up with say £5m. £15-16m extra we never had this year. We COULD spend some of fees. I guess what im getting at it, there MIGHT actually be readies to spend.

Very generous there's still outgoings to open the stadium etc so no real money to be made before the group stages 

I doubt we'll sell out all the early games either the opposition won't be glamorous and it's in the middle of the summer holidays, know us being back in Europe after all this time should be some attraction but still can't see it 

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Still tho say we do get to the groups and get the near £11m and King/extra fro. season tickets come up with say £5m. £15-16m extra we never had this year. We COULD spend some of fees. I guess what im getting at it, there MIGHT actually be readies to spend.

I'm no trying to make you look daft here but we've paid fees in the last four transfer windows.

not huge but we have spent fees

6 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

So half what I've said for overestimating and not including expenses.

its still over £5m we never had a sniff of this year which I would say is significant to us these days

Without the group stages which will be very tough to reach it'll be next to nothing in truth

In truth there is very little money to be made unless you make the group stages as we all know. Sell out's ect also never happened when we were actually in this in previous years before groups (even in the groups) so again that's pie in the sky.