Joe Dodoo

jbm26896

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I think we passed that cut-off long ago with this squad, to the extent that most of them don't deserve that opportunity. I very much include Dodoo in that.

I agree with you in regarding some of them, but there are a few, and I would include McKay and Windass in this, who might just do a lot better if they had better around them. We are a team with very few leaders; that must be having an effect on some of the younger players in some negative way.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

I'd loan him out for a season get some consistent 1st team football

i don't think we'd ever get him back, he could end up in the kind of team we have had this season. He needs to prove himself here, and with the right signings behind him he may become a good player.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

i don't think we'd ever get him back, he could end up in the kind of team we have had this season. He needs to prove himself here, and with the right signings behind him he may become a good player.

I think we'll sign at least 2 possibly 3 wingers in the summer & if we do then I don't see Dodoo getting a sniff. I'd loan him to a league 1 team in England like we did with Crooks.

3 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

I think we'll sign at least 2 possibly 3 wingers in the summer & if we do then I don't see Dodoo getting a sniff. I'd loan him to a league 1 team in England like we did with Crooks.

If that was the case I'd rather we sold him.

5 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Thought his performance the other night was embarrassing. Absolute shite bag of the highest order. Looked scared to go in for any header/tackle!

I've being saying this for months, even when he's having a decent game on the ball he never looks like he's trying to get involved. If the ball isn't passed right to his foot the game passes him by. 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If that was the case I'd rather we sold him.

If he goes out on loan & hits the kind of form he can then he'd be a good addition when he comes back as he can play in numerous positions or we could even sell him 12 months down the line for a bit more than we'd get just now.

Just now, King_gazza said:

If he goes out on loan & hits the kind of form he can then he'd be a good addition when he comes back as he can play in numerous positions or we could even sell him 12 months down the line for a bit more than we'd get just now.

In ideal world that would be a good thing, and it maybe the manager agrees. I get the impression Dodoo is in his plans, and it will be interesting what happens with him next season. I like him, but he does have a long way to go, and what you suggest might well be the best way to bring him forward.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

In ideal world that would be a good thing, and it maybe the manager agrees. I get the impression Dodoo is in his plans, and it will be interesting what happens with him next season. I like him, but he does have a long way to go, and what you suggest might well be the best way to bring him forward.

I think the manager likes him too but he's annoying as fuck sometimes. After the Aberdeen game away when he came on I thought that might have been the turning point but he's been chronic the last 2 games. 

13 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

I think the manager likes him too but he's annoying as fuck sometimes. After the Aberdeen game away when he came on I thought that might have been the turning point but he's been chronic the last 2 games. 

Exactly, and that should have been a boost to his game. Maybe he is an impact player. He drifts out the game too easily, as he did the other night.

I think there's a player there. His lack of consistency is frustrating, though I don't think he's another Windass or Toral where he's a total shitebag. He seemed to chuck it early doors against Aberdeen when Toral and Windass were having a competition to see who could give Aberdeen the ball the most, then when we had the ball it was long balls up to McKay. I don't think Dodoo did enough when he had the chance, but I think with a midfield he'd look a different player. There's little to no point playing with wingers when you don't have anyone in midfield to make runs or play the ball to the flanks, and we didn't have that until Barjonas came on. 

He was rank rotten midweek.

its odd, because he generally has an impact coming off the bench, but is woeful when he starts. 

Therevis some ability there, and he's young, so he might escape the Pedro chop this time - but he'll need to start showing more soon. 

On 19/05/2017 at 9:11 AM, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with you about his performance the other night. I'd like to see him stay, with Windass and McKay, and see how those three in particular play if we get better to be alongside them.

For me all 3 have the same problem- poor attitude. They don't work hard enough. Even if they are having a bad day ,being played out of position or the game the team are struggling in , you put the work in . None of them do and from what I have see they don't want to . So if we get rid of the 3 that's all right by me