Fundraising for a disability vehicle for my mum

stevemac

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how well it's done - over £1,000 in just 3 days! Seeing so many bears donating is unreal. Came home last night after the live shave and mam and dad were in tears telling me how proud they were of me - but that's all down to folks like you guys. A magical moment ❤️

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I can't believe how well it's done - over £1,000 in just 3 days! Seeing so many bears donating is unreal. Came home last night after the live shave and mam and dad were in tears telling me how proud they were of me - but that's all down to folks like you guys. A magical moment ❤️

All the best mate.

Good luck mate, skint as I'm off on holiday in 2 weeks but will deffo add a donation on Thursday wen I get paid if u ain't met your target.

I would suggest keeping it going for a few weeks and looking at an upgraded model tho?

Ps, fantastic effort from fellow bears, this stuff makes me so proud to be a Bear ?⚪?

5 hours ago, Blue72 said:

You checked into motability schemes and correct benefits (e.g. PIP) 

if not PM me, do this stuff at work all the time 

We have mate yes, got PIP through a DS1500 form but unfortunately with the level of bills we have going out we simply cannot afford the motability scheme vehicles. They cost around 50% of the higher rate PIP total which we can't afford to lose, and to be honest we would be more than happy to have an older vehicle anyway, doesn't have to be flashy, just one that's fit for purpose. Thanks pal :) 

5 hours ago, dande101 said:

Good luck mate, skint as I'm off on holiday in 2 weeks but will deffo add a donation on Thursday wen I get paid if u ain't met your target.

I would suggest keeping it going for a few weeks and looking at an upgraded model tho?

Ps, fantastic effort from fellow bears, this stuff makes me so proud to be a Bear ?⚪?

Cheers mate I appreciate it. It runs for another 26 days so it'll just keep going up as long as the support is there from further donators :) 

Thanks a lot bud its appreciated hugely and enjoy your holiday! WATP

6 hours ago, Zetland said:

C'mon Bears. Target at 75% this morning. :dance:

76% now. 3/4 of the way there 4 days in! Unbelievable. Not long til we are over the line now lads, spread the word and spread the love.

Thank you all. WATP

4 minutes ago, stevieblueblood said:

Don't like to sound like a nosey b*****d but are you claiming carers  allowance,income support(believe it's universal credit),housing benefit?

No problems at all mate.

Unfortunately my dad is still working (although on long term sick, he gets 12 weeks full pay 4 weeks half then statutory, he is claiming sick until he commences statutory then quitting to become a full time cater for mum as even if the chemo is successful she won't regain full mobility. 

Due to his current salary (despite only being part time work) he is ineligible for carers, income support and housing benefit.

I should think that when the benefits system get their arses into gear after he has left and sorted benefits out for him, he may well be eligible for those, but currently we still pay full rent, rates and the absolute mountain of debts they have. Thankfully they are dealing with a charity debt consolidation company (recommended by Macmillan) that are trying to get their debts cleared as there is no way they could ever repay them, but currently they are still paying the bills.

That was another reason why a PIP mobility car was out of the question, because of the cost while we are still paying full rent and everything like that.

Not sure if your renting private, council,housing association. I suppose with the debt starting to pile up it would probably be best if he quit now and become your mum's carer and get the benefits side of it started then that way the debts wouldn't spiral out of control but that's upto your dad on how he wants to approach this. I would certainly look into this to see if that was the best way forward. By the way donated £10 towards the vehicle fund recently (like to do my bit to help a 

fellow bear :thumbsup:

Mate donation made.   

You can applyfor.DLA mobility side of things as it is irrelevant what people earn in the household. It does not get taken into account. Speak to citizens advice or local benefit officer .. or better still a mcmillan benefit officer 

Update lads.

My mam had a fall yesterday and was taken back into hospital - unfortunately the inflammation of the metastases has grown, thankfully the Mets themselves haven't. But she's suffering with dementia like symptoms at the moment which doctors are hopeful is reversible as they believe it's just because of the tension on the frontal lobe. Praying things are going to be alright.

Thanks for all the support so far. Been unreal. WATP

24 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Update lads.

My mam had a falhead at the momentn yesterday and was taken back i hinto hospital - unfortunately the inflammation of the metastases has grown, thankfully the Mets themselves haven't. But she's suffering with dementia like symptoms at the moment which doctors are hopeful is reversible as they believe it's just because of the tension on the frontal lobe. Praying things are going to be alright.

Thanks for all the support so far. Been unreal. WATP

Stay strong brother as your Dad will not know whats going on IN his head at the moment.

Update: she's still in hospital but seems to be better than she was the other day. Got her memory back for the most part and feels a lot better than she was. Thank god.

Her work had a collection which I'm donating today and we are almost at target! When I deposit this today we will be £50 short of our goal - spread the word please lads, so so close now. WATP