Home Is Where The Heart Is

10 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

:Fod:

Post 1.jpg

Could we fill any of the corners of the stadium, either end of main stand?

Maybe they're needed for access, or maybe it's too costly for a few hundred extra seats which will, possibly only needed for games against Them, Champions League, and any big games towards the end of the season. If they could put on show a team that contests every competition we're in, we just might need those extra seats.

If we got permission for a 'Safe Standing' part of the stadium, would that increase the capacity of Ibrox? Or would it just remain the same? ?

15 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Maybe they're needed for access, or maybe it's too costly for a few hundred extra seats which will, possibly only needed for games against Them, Champions League, and any big games towards the end of the season. If they could put on show a team that contests every competition we're in, we just might need those extra seats.

If we got permission for a 'Safe Standing' part of the stadium, would that increase the capacity of Ibrox? Or would it just remain the same? ?

Would increase the capacity, by how much depends on how it is implemented.  I'd love to see it in the wee enclosure

Safe standing won't increase the capacity, I believe there is still the requirement to use seats in those areas in certain competitions

There is also the perceived potential for crushing, hence the term 'safe standing' ensure sufficient room and barriers to ensure 'individual space'. 

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Safe standing won't increase the capacity, I believe there is still the requirement to use seats in those areas in certain competitions

There is also the perceived potential for crushing, hence the term 'safe standing' ensure sufficient room and barriers to ensure 'individual space'. 

This. They basically have removable seating. It's one standing space per seat. Capacity would be the same. 

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We couldn't fill in the corners, the ends of the Main Stand are away past the front of the Copland and Broomloan.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

We couldn't fill in the corners, the ends of the Main Stand are away past the front of the Copland and Broomloan.

If I remember correctly, this question came up around 1989 and it was said that it was impossible in an engineering sense because ot the way the main girders were positioned on the main Govan stand; which meant the entire Govan stand would have to be rebuilt to make it possible. Perhaps more modern techniques could make it possible these days, but it would cost an absolute fortune to do it, so I can't see anything changing in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

If I remember correctly, this question came up around 1989 and it was said that it was impossible in an engineering sense because ot the way the main girders were positioned on the main Govan stand; which meant the entire Govan stand would have to be rebuilt to make it possible. Perhaps more modern techniques could make it possible these days, but it would cost an absolute fortune to do it, so I can't see anything changing in my lifetime.

It would be cheaper to rebuild the three "new" stands than to mess around with Leitch's masterpiece.

4 hours ago, harlands plater said:

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

It would be cheaper to rebuild the three "new" stands than to mess around with Leitch's masterpiece.

I knew there'd be some engineering reason why. I do seem to recall something like this when they were filling in the corners of The Sandy Jardine stand.

5 hours ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

Always wondered what the away fans view is like. Only area of the stadium I've not sat in.

If you've sat in the Govan East corner then it's pretty much just like that

13 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I suppose we would need to re roof the Govan with a cantilever because no one could sit behind the existing supports.

Unfortunately it's a bit like the team the only source of real income in Scottish football is the champions league and until we get that everything has to be scaled down 

11 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I suppose we would need to re roof the Govan with a cantilever because no one could sit behind the existing supports.

Unfortunately it's a bit like the team the only source of real income in Scottish football is the champions league and until we get that everything has to be scaled down 

I don't get to Ibrox as often as I'd like to, due to illness, couldn't make any games last season, so it's just on TV I've been viewing it from. I never really looked around Ibrox when I was attending games regularly from 1972-1986. I moved to Stornoway in 87, and have only managed 2 or 3 games a year, with the Rangers club up here.

21 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I don't get to Ibrox as often as I'd like to, due to illness, couldn't make any games last season, so it's just on TV I've been viewing it from. I never really looked around Ibrox when I was attending games regularly from 1972-1986. I moved to Stornoway in 87, and have only managed 2 or 3 games a year, with the Rangers club up here.

We all do what we can ... hope you get a visit from president 45 :Fod: