Kevin Thomson

stewaj3

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

You asked to have your account removed - jesus

Surely no one has skin that thin...

You came on giving it all the insults and now your away greeting and throwing your toys out the pram...

I gave an opinion on a footballer I did not rate. I got a dozen replies saying "taig". Fuck that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Thomson left in 2010. It went tits up in 2012. So you're looking for 10 better midfielders in 2 years. Seems reasonable.

Fair point. Give me 10 2 years either side of 2010 then. You made a point of bowing to my argument but you're not putting up much of an argument as to why he was so average. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No problems with Kevin. He was a decent, honest, under-rated, hard working, talented footballer for us and sensible enough guy off the park too. 

I'm not one for giving jobs to the boys at Ibrox but every now and again there's an exception and I think he could probably add something to Rangers behind the scenes or on the training ground.

This. I'm not for jobs for the boys either but sometimes all it takes is a good attitude and KT has always had the right attitude imo 

1 minute ago, NitshillBear said:

I gave an opinion on a footballer I did not rate. I got a dozen replies saying "taig". Fuck that.

Let me try and explain why to you

The op, which I wrote, asked if anyone else thought he called the game perfectly today. I wrote this as I heard it and thought it was very good and I enjoyed listening to him.

You  wrote something like whatever arselicking shite he was talking doesn't disguise from the face that he was an average player.

Now first of all, we can ascertain that you clearly didn't hear his commentary from the above, so you know nothing about any of the original subject.

Secondly you have completely changed this from being about his commentary to talk about his playing career, in a flat out insulting way. There were no grounds for It, you just decided you had to insult him. Most people feel KT had a decent career here, he probably wasn't ever going to be a legend, but most agree he was a solid player. I expect some may disagree and say otherwise, they just wouldn't have come across as angry as you have.

Thirdly, you then go on to react in a way which insults people, rather than try and explain what you meant, which is never going to get a positive reaction.

Now, this is a forum, so you should share your views, but if people don't agree then of course they are going to let you know, its probably happened to most folk on here at some stage.

However most folk don't then go off in a huff when they have someone disagreeing with what they wrote. They just get on with it. I think that's pretty clear and reasonable ;)

5 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Fair point. Give me 10 2 years either side of 2010 then. You made a point of bowing to my argument but you're not putting up much of an argument as to why he was so average. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on. 

Here's 8 since 2007. Not sure why you'd include the post meltdown years as we've not been capable of signing a ÂŁ2million player.

StevenDavis

Pedro Mendes

Barry Ferguson 

Brahim Hemdani

Charlie Adam

Da Marcus Beasley

Vladimir Weiss

Thomas Buffel

2 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Here's 8 since 2007. Not sure why you'd include the post meltdown years as we've not been capable of signing a ÂŁ2million player.

StevenDavis

Pedro Mendes

Barry Ferguson 

Brahim Hemdani

Charlie Adam

Da Marcus Beasley

Vladimir Weiss

Thomas Buffel

You caught a fair few. ? 

1 minute ago, NitshillBear said:

StevenDavis

Pedro Mendes

Barry Ferguson 

Brahim Hemdani

Charlie Adam

Da Marcus Beasley

Vladimir Weiss

Thomas Buffel

I'll give you Ferguson, Mendes and Davis. Adam not in a Rangers shirt he wasn't. I was a big fan of Hemdani but think Thomson just edges it. Buffel was decent and a different type of player but not a chance was he better than Thomson. Beasley and Weiss, seriously? 

I think we now know the problem. He (maybe a she) knows nothing about football. 

7 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

StevenDavis

Pedro Mendes

Barry Ferguson 

Brahim Hemdani

Charlie Adam

Da Marcus Beasley

Vladimir Weiss

Thomas Buffel

IMG_4059.JPG.9a058637db113e5e2c9c3df95008d944.JPG

6 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Let me try and explain why to you

The op, which I wrote, asked if anyone else thought he called the game perfectly today. I wrote this as I heard it and thought it was very good and I enjoyed listening to him.

You  wrote something like whatever arselicking shite he was talking doesn't disguise from the face that he was an average player.

Now first of all, we can ascertain that you clearly didn't hear his commentary from the above, so you know nothing about any of the original subject.

Secondly you have completely changed this from being about his commentary to talk about his playing career, in a flat out insulting way. There were no grounds for It, you just decided you had to insult him. Most people feel KT had a decent career here, he probably wasn't ever going to be a legend, but most agree he was a solid player. I expect some may disagree and say otherwise, they just wouldn't have come across as angry as you have.

Thirdly, you then go on to react in a way which insults people, rather than try and explain what you meant, which is never going to get a positive reaction.

Now, this is a forum, so you should share your views, but if people don't agree then of course they are going to let you know, its probably happened to most folk on here at some stage.

However most folk don't then go off in a huff when they have someone disagreeing with what they wrote. They just get on with it. I think that's pretty clear and reasonable ;)

KT is simply someone I have never taken to. Never believed his hard man antics. Honestly don't understand the affection for him. I watched the game with the sound down today. In that you're right...it was fuck all to do with his commentary. I was just baffled by the goodwill. Always have been. I do think he was average. That's my opinion. The keyboard warriors then start their "taig" shite... Should I let that go? Should I fuck. Silly wee boys. Now it's started I'm not going to spend any more time running about responding to them. It's best if this all disappears.

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I'll give you Ferguson, Mendes and Davis. Adam not in a Rangers shirt he wasn't. I was a big fan of Hemdani but think Thomson just edges it. Buffel was decent and a different type of player but not a chance was he better than Thomson. Beasley and Weiss, seriously? 

I think we now know the problem. He (maybe a she) knows nothing about football. 

You didn't ask for the same type of player. You asked for ten better midfielders in a period of 4 years when there was only a change for the worse in our playing staff. Mental.

2 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

You didn't ask for the same type of player. You asked for ten better midfielders in a period of 4 years when there was only a change for the worse in our playing staff. Mental.

It wasn't for the worse I took your point and said 2 years either side 08 to 12. I gave you 3 of them to be fair. Regardless of style the rest aren't better and I'm confident the majority would agree. You've went fishing for a response tonight and you're coming across as knowing nothing about football and Rangers. Plus you are coming across as a bit of a bellend!

2 hours ago, NitshillBear said:

StevenDavis

Pedro Mendes

Barry Ferguson 

Brahim Hemdani

Charlie Adam

Da Marcus Beasley

Vladimir Weiss

Thomas Buffel

He outlasted Buffel, Adam, Hemdani, Ferguson and Mendes at Ibrox. In fact Walter sold or released all of them because Thommo at the time was just as good an option if not better at the job we needed doing in the middle of the park.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah it seems strange giving jobs to Lovenkrands, Wright and Little when Thomson seems actually qualified and a much better option. There's some decisions I'll never get my head around I suppose. 

I actually thought he was a certainty to be appointed as assistant coach when Pedro wanted someone "who knew the Scottish game" but instead we ended up with Jonatan Johansson. I'm not sure if Kevin Thomson was interested in that position interfering with his coaching academy in any case or if he even was considered by Pedro Caixinha, but I think he could have played a part in our coaching system.

8 hours ago, NitshillBear said:

Whatever arse-licking shite he came away with in commentary doesn't disguise what a crushingly average footballer he was. Painfully, annoyingly average. Flew into tackles that harmed him and the team in an effort to be believed. Now retired aged 32. 

Ban this worthless sack of tarrier shit.

8 hours ago, NitshillBear said:

Whatever arse-licking shite he came away with in commentary doesn't disguise what a crushingly average footballer he was. Painfully, annoyingly average. Flew into tackles that harmed him and the team in an effort to be believed. Now retired aged 32. 

So bang average he was a regular in a team that reached the UEFA cup final. I wish we had more players that were that average.