Ipswich 3 Goals Tonight - Joey and Waggy x 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Its a valid point and surely not so many ex players cannot cope with the pressure I think its down to tactics and service which we have really fuck all of apart from plan A!

Agreed. 

I do think some struggle with the expectation.

But service definitely makes a difference, plus these teams don't play sides that sit with 10 men behind the ball. The fact our strikers know they can't miss a chance also plays a massive part. 

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Agreed. 

But service definitely makes a difference, plus these teams don't play sides that sit with 10 men behind the ball. The fact our strikers know they can't miss a chance definitely plays a massive part. 

Garner is definitely one you can make that argument for, he didn't get service but he also didn't get himself into attacking positions enough so his amount of chances was pretty low.

Waghorn, however, regularly blew it.

7 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

PRobably playing Waghorn on the wings never helped him up here. Playing in his natural position, he scores 3 goals in 2.

probably playing Garner without a striking partner never helped him. Playing him with someone next to him, he scores 2 goals in 3.

Probably having two arseholes as managers never helped them. 

Waghorn only hits 2 in 3 games in the Scottish championship or if he's padding his stats against lower league opposition in the cups.

If Garner hits double figures in the Championship down south this season it will be the first time he's ever managed it.

They couldn't cut it here. Nothing to do with managers.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Agreed. 

But service definitely makes a difference, plus these teams don't play sides that sit with 10 men behind the ball. The fact our strikers know they can't miss a chance definitely plays a massive part. 

I always liked Garner but he was doing the work of 2 strikers and that was not his strength I would have kept him but probably in the minority with that but Waggy seemed to panic so maybe the pressure was to much for him.

Time will tell but our tactics have been utter pish when it comes to getting the goals as I do not know how many times we see a cross going in but no fucking striker there to connect or challenge for it as to busy chasing back in midfield to get the bloody ball.

Folk would complain if they stayed and folk will complain now they are scoring after being sold.

We would be hounding the board had both stayed as they were pish poor here, that's all that really matters.

our manager is shit but not that shit that it stops guys scoring goals. They simply didn't have the bottle for playing at a club who don't tolerate anything but 3 points 

Reason they are scoring is obvious, lije Barton they moved back to a league nit as difficult as the Scottish league.......they slag us off all the time for the standard but there are 3 guys who.struggled big time and then they move down again and hit the ground running.

Whilst the championship is of a higher standard, generally, I think people tend to underestimate playing in the Scottish Premiership. Its a tough league to play in by all accounts. 10 men behind the ball etc.. if it wasnt, then we wouldnt have all these players doing well straight away. 

10 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

The other point is, we probably scraped 1million for both of them and now are scoring goals in a much, much tougher league than ours, says quite a lot about the people that are in charge at Rangers.

Can't win really. When Garner was here, this forum was full of people complaining that we spent too much on him. Now that he's gone we're complaining we sold him on the cheap :lol:

We made a profit on Waghorn. He's had a decent start to life down there but, unless he's on penalties for them, he'll be lucky to hit 10-15 goals for them this season.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Can't win really. When Garner was here, this forum was full of people complaining that we spent too much on him. Now that he's gone we're complaining we sold him on the cheap :lol:

We made a profit on Waghorn. He's had a decent start to life down there but, unless he's on penalties for them, he'll be lucky to hit 10-15 goals for them this season.

I'm not complaining that they were sold. Just sold for a pittance compared to some of the money thrown around down there.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Whilst the championship is of a higher standard, generally, I think people tend to underestimate playing in the Scottish Premiership. Its a tough league to play in by all accounts. 10 men behind the ball etc.. if it wasnt, then we wouldnt have all these players doing well straight away. 

Did hibs have 10men behind the ball nope they had 5 in midfield battering fuck out us and teams do not have the same fear they used to of us even in 3rd div teams were having a pop so disagree bud.

8 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Garner is definitely one you can make that argument for, he didn't get service but he also didn't get himself into attacking positions enough so his amount of chances was pretty low.

Waghorn, however, regularly blew it.

It was weird how he used to hang about outside the box, when he clearly isn't that type of player. Must have been the Warburton influence. 

Waghorn did blow it, and I put that down to expectation at a Club of our size. He shat it at most chances because he knew he couldn't shit it at every chance. 

Glad they've went and got good success. They tried for us and for whatever reason it just didn't work out. 

The fans can be hard on players albiet for good reason, you come to Rangers you will have a level of expectation to live up to. Even Bruno Alves, a international Portugal player, was getting flak. 

All the best to the lads. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I'm not complaining that they were sold. Just sold for a pittance compared to some of the money thrown around down there.

I'd agree we should have held out for more on Garner based purely on what we paid for him last year. Some of that will be balanced out a bit with the profit made on Waghorn though but even still I think we've made a loss overall if the reported fees are all accurate.

Regardless of the money being spent down there though, nobody is going to come up here and throw silly money at us for 2 strikers who struggled for goals in what is undeniably a piss poor league. They're shopping up here because it's the cheap option for them.

56 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Did hibs have 10men behind the ball nope they had 5 in midfield battering fuck out us and teams do not have the same fear they used to of us even in 3rd div teams were having a pop so disagree bud.

I was talking in general terms.. I didnt say that ALL teams play like that. I was merely suggesting that the Scottish Premiership might be tougher to play in than people think.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I was talking in general terms.. I didnt say that ALL teams play like that. I was merely suggesting that the Scottish Premiership might be tougher to play in than people think.

Playing in a league where probably 90% of the teams/players utterly despise Rangers will be tougher as well.