Youth Dept success or what

GEEZABREAK

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

How so? I don't understand how every single new signing is classed as a tim. The guy hasn't said anything IMO for him to be suspicious. Folk need to get a grip.

Back on topic I think @Smile is correct we need to have a settled first team because youth need to learn from not only experienced players but also experienced players who are consistently playing for Rangers and know what our expectations are.

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

How so? I don't understand how every single new signing is classed as a tim. The guy hasn't said anything IMO for him to be suspicious. Folk need to get a grip.

Back on topic I think @Smile is correct we need to have a settled first team because youth need to learn from not only experienced players but also experienced players who are consistently playing for Rangers and know what our expectations are.

Thank you 

I've always enjoyed watching the youths even if I'm rarely impressed.

I think we are ambitious at what we want to do at that level but unconvinced of the people in charge i.e Mulholland.

The player development and recruitment at that level doesn't seem to be the best either. Hardie for example is the best player we've got a youth level and he's had stints on the subs bench, loaned out 3 or 4 times, starting for the unders and repeat and he's literally no closer to first team duties.

Was amused at the appointments of Lovenkrands, Wright and Little too - are they qualified or were they just ex Ger's needing some work? 

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Maybe we should come up with a 5-point charter outlining how to better include and actively encourage new members of all colours and creeds. Come on guys, it's 2017.

So everyone who's a new poster gets the Tim or Taig shit from you? 

Would be a better question to ask at the end of this season. Dropping out of the development league to play against the best academies in the world is an ambitious and risky move by the club - which they should be applauded for, actually trying something different.

Playing against the best youngsters in Europe will only help the development of the better players in the 20s, so hopefully the tail end of this season/start of the next we have boys absolutely battering on the door to be included in the first team squads.

The facts are there though, Auchenhowie has produced the most Scotland caps in the last decade, so it has been a success to an extent, maybe just not as big a success for Rangers as first hoped.