Season Gone After 3 League Games

BlueMexican

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The reaction on here is what is funny. We aren't as bad as some people are saying and conversely we aren't as good as we were supposed to be after the cup match win.

I don't think we will win the league and will have a real fight to be second, but the season is far from over.

FWIW I don't think Pedro will be here after Christmas, but I'm not about to have a haemorrahage like some on here because we couldn't score today.

Yep, everyone's "having a haemorrhage" just because we didn't score today. Nothing to do with the fact that we drew at home to Hearts, after losing to Hibs at home last week, after scraping past Motherwell, after losing to Progres, after losing our record against the sheep, after getting beaten 5-1 at home to the filth. Nothing to do with the fact we're already out of Europe and the title race mid way through August. It's just the failure to score today, that's it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gartcosh Bear said:

You'll be delighted to hear it was three years. Doubtful he'll last anywhere near that long.

With our recent track record we should really sign guys on one year rolling deals.

There's a chance he will stay in a job he's not qualified for because it would cost too much to sack him

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yep, everyone's "having a haemorrhage" just because we didn't score today. Nothing to do with the fact that we drew at home to Hearts, after losing to Hibs at home last week, after scraping past Motherwell, after losing to Progres, after losing our record against the sheep, after getting beaten 5-1 at home to the filth. Nothing to do with the fact we're already out of Europe and the title race mid way through August. It's just the failure to score today, that's it.

If we had won today by a couple of goals would you still have felt the same way? If so then today's result is neither here nor there, and you wanted him out anyway.

In my opinion the Hibs match turned on the sending off. Opinions may vary. However his tactics after the sending off were baffling it has to be said.

Personally I decided to give him 6 or so league games this season and write off the matches from last season. I think this team is better than last years but has flaws, and his tactics aren't helping. 

However if he goes it will be an expensive business, and it is money we don't have, so god knows where we will find that from.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

If we had won today by a couple of goals would you still have felt the same way? If so then today's result is neither here nor there, and you wanted him out anyway.

In my opinion the Hibs match turned on the sending off. Opinions may vary. However his tactics after the sending off were baffling it has to be said.

Personally I decided to give him 6 or so league games this season and write off the matches from last season. I think this team is better than last years but has flaws, and his tactics aren't helping. 

However if he goes it will be an expensive business, and it is money we don't have, so god knows where we will find that from.

Wouldn't have mattered if we scored a last minute goal and got all three points , we were fuckin garbage the whole match and we will be dropping points most weeks as long as this clown is the manager.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That's fair enough. I will pick you up on the giving him 6 games bit though: he's had 3 already, lost 1 and drawn 1, both at home. Even if he wins the next 3 (Ross County, Dundee, Partick) that's still nowhere near acceptable, surely? The damage is already done as far as the first 6 games go imo.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Wouldn't have mattered if we scored a last minute goal and got all three points , we were fuckin garbage the whole match and we will be dropping points most weeks as long as this clown is the manager.

I don't think we were garbage. I think some of our play was quite good. However Kenny Miller looks done, everything seemed to break up when he was involved.

Whatever we think the board will not sack him after 3 league games. 

42 minutes ago, Badger said:

Positives

• We do have a higher calibre of player this season generally
  • We do look a more solid unit

Negatives

• Still appear to score nowhere near enough goals
  • Has the money been spent wisely?
  • Manager does not appear to install a winning mentality
  • Still relying on guys like miller. 

Sensible post.Can't argue with any of that tbf.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I don't think we were garbage. I think some of our play was quite good. However Kenny Miller looks done, everything seemed to break up when he was involved.

I think it was up there with the most boring 90 minutes i have seen from the side in years.

44 minutes ago, Badger said:

Positives

• We do have a higher calibre of player this season generally
  • We do look a more solid unit

Negatives

• Still appear to score nowhere near enough goals
  • Has the money been spent wisely?
  • Manager does not appear to install a winning mentality
  • Still relying on guys like miller. 

We're not relying on Miller, we are being hindered by Miller and Pedro's fascination with playing him. His first touch is awful, he puts no pressure on the opposition defence because he is always dropping deep which in turn isolates our other striker. He slows our attacks down so much he may as well just be another defender for the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

That's fair enough. I will pick you up on the giving him 6 games bit though: he's had 3 already, lost 1 and drawn 1, both at home. Even if he wins the next 3 (Ross County, Dundee, Partick) that's still nowhere near acceptable, surely? The damage is already done as far as the first 6 games go imo.

I understand what you are saying, but as I say I think the Hibs match was deceiving for a number of reasons and today was Hearts parking the bus, or at least us forcing them too.

It does make me bang my head against the wall when we throw in aimless crosses trying to hit the one guy in the box though. Have we been told never to have long range shots?

There were folk who said about 4 weeks ago that he should be sacked if we don't beat Hibs. The second game of the season!

I get what you are saying regarding the six games but all I can say is I'm looking for some improvement and there is some, as well as the usual rubbish. 

I would say, if he loses one of those next three matches he should be gone, Beaton refereeing excepted.

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Miller will be 38 soon and the fact he is still starting every single game is a huge worry. The even bigger worry is that I don't think Pedro really thinks we have any problems up front and we can just keep relying on him and Herrera for the remainder of the season by the looks of things these two will be lucky to hit 10 goals between both of them all season.

I also agree that the board won't sack him yet but I don't think he'll be allowed to bring in any more signings. Expect anyone that comes in between now and the end of the window will be DOF signings and not the managers.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The title is gone but realistically it was never on anyway.

To say we can forget about finishing 2nd is laughable though. We'll be 20-30 points behind the taigs again though because slowly but surely we're turning into just another shite wee club in this league.

We're battling for 5th,

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Aberdeen narrowly won today, hibs got beat and hearts are another team favourite to be going for top four. The season is far from over, the scum was always going to be favourites to win but to give up the challenge yet is absurd.

Talking sense - that'll not go down well on here - you'd think we had a settled,winning, proven team that was letting us down rather than a work in progress - patience is not our forte but something we do need to learn. 

44 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Fucking Surrender monkeys in this place

You've said that before the other day.

Difference between realists and surrender monkeys.

Can you give any evidence or facts to suggest otherwise? Anything apart from fantasy bullshit.