Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

right, we need to start this lad tonight. You aint going to get match fit watching games for an hour. 

Absolutely agree.  Partick only have one point and a goal difference of -5.  We should be using these next two games to get Pena up to speed and test out the young loan players.  Miller and Kranjcar should be firmly planted on the bench.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

right, we need to start this lad tonight. You aint going to get match fit watching games for an hour. 

It's possible, going by the press conference of the manager, that he will either start tonight, or the cup game in the midweek. I agree though, a start tonight might be a good thing.

23 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's possible, going by the press conference of the manager, that he will either start tonight, or the cup game in the midweek. I agree though, a start tonight might be a good thing.

He did seem to place more importance on the cup game in his interview, so would be good to see him start tonight

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think its time. The next two games get them starting and get them match sharp. I dont see any real reason to wait any longer

They'll start if they're being considered starters for the bheast game. If they don't, really can't see it.

Actually think this is huge tonight in terms of team selection indication for Saturday. As I think we may rest a few in Tuesday's cup game.

Yup, for me tonight will tell us a lot.

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

When would you stop using him as a sub then?

When he stops looking off the pace and rusty when he does get time.

for what it's worth I rate this guy I think the runs he makes and the space he finds is something we badly lack but tonight's not a gimme and I'm not sure he's quite ready 

3 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

for what it's worth I rate this guy I think the runs he makes and the space he finds is something we badly lack but tonight's not a gimme and I'm not sure he's quite ready 

Totally agree. Glad he did score last weekend and you gotta hope it'll boost his confidence, but on the whole, he felt so sluggish. Guy beside me even compared him to Sebo.

16 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

most subs when they come on struggle to come up to the pace of the game, and he isnt going to get sharper with 15mins at the end of every game. He needs to get on a put a shift in. I expect him not to be sharp - this is a sharpening exercise

12 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Get him on until he is blowing out his arse no more fucking last 15mins jonts time to get to work!

We should take him on when Windass gets tired, that way he would be a super sub and still get 70 mins game time.

Start him. We apparently spent circa 2 million on him, we need him to start making an impact. If he needs to come off after 60 minutes that's fine. But we're well into the season now and we need to start seeing some return on our investment. 

After hearing Pedro's presser the other day it looks like they are working to get him adapted to the game here and when it was explained it shows the big difference in the game here and in Mexico 

I have faith in the manager but I'm also desperate to see what he can do from the start in games .there's defo a bit of quality about Pena I just hope our game is compatible with his strengths 

Archived