France 98

What a tournament!

Easily my favourite WC of all time and in my opinion the best. 

Nearly every team had a World Class player in it or at the very least a household name. 

Some of the names :drool: :

Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Bebeto, Eto'o, Zamorano, Salas, Maldini, Cannavaro, Nesta, Del Piero, Baggio, Inzaghi, Vieri, Schmeichel, the Laudrups, Vieira, Djorkaeff, Zidane, Pires, Henry, Thuram, Trezeguet, Stoichkov, Kanu, Okocha, Chilavert, Zubizarreta, Hierro, Morientes, Raul, Luis Enrique, Nilis, Scifo, van der Sar, Stam, the De Boers, Numan, Jonk, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf, Cocu, Overmars, Davids, Moller, Matthaus, Klinsmann, Jugovic, Savicevic, Mijatovic, Stojkovic, Mihajlovic, Milosevic, Stankovic, Kovacevic, Cordoba, Valderrama, Asprilla, Campbell, Beckham, Shearer, Owen, McManaman, Scholes, Petrescu, Popescu, Hagi, Simeone, Batistuta, Ortega, Veron, Crespo, Zanetti, Bilic, Prosinecki, Suker, Boban, Jarni, Nakata, 

Did anyone on here go?

First WC tournament I can remember. Had the VHS with all the goals, used to play out in the back garden pretending to be Batistuta, Laudrup and Zamorano. 

My favourite ever tournament, probably a lot down to nostalgia, but also some fantastic footballers. 

33 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Euro 2000 was another cracking tournament. 

The France Holland game is one of the best games of football i've ever seen.

I remember that, the final and for some unknown reason that Romania were in it :lol: 

28 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Nah, has to be the '94 WC in the USA for me. The first WC I remember. Romario :bow:

I like 94 as well. First one I really remember. I do remember some from 90 but was only 7. 

Stoichkov vs Germany. :bow:

He knew it was in the second it left his foot and was celebrating before the keeper even saw it! 

France 98 was the first tournament I can vaguely remember. I do remember supporting Brazil against Scotland because I loved Ronaldo!

Love watching back all those goals. Some great teams and players. Euro 2000 was a great tournament too. I think it all depends on what era you got into football.