this is what we need

ZZed

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Our players in that game were better than theirs.

Currently that's not the case.

Now, we need a magician of a manager to get lesser players to synergise into a better team. Or a board to fund better players.

It really is this simplistic.

Was It me and you who were arguing over this the other day?

What a day .. they had just done the double tae ..

That mob were a decent side then . They beat us 3.1 at the midden 2 months later . .then we won next 2 4.1 and 2.1 .. 

I think if we go 352 against them at Ibrox we'll beat them .. my fear is  Roberts and Tierney running at Tav .

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Loved that day, got a ticket just minutes before kick-off, drunk for three days afterward.   If we had gotten that MW penalty we'd have gotten 7.

But OMG some of these players, total quality.

If Souness hadn't come on and started fucking about we'd have got seven.

Rangers problem is the full back area where they leave themselves exposed and if you look at the goal Motherwell scored as well as Ross County both came from the break of play and just so happened to be down the right side of the pitch where Wallace is supposed to be marking. This is where celtic will exploit Rangers I feel unless Rangers turn up differently in the old firm game and approach that differently, I'm not entirely sure.

Are celtic spectacular defensively? No, far from it, they're a team who leak a lot of goals against decent opposition therefore if Rangers do attack them there's every chance Rangers could beat them. This is why I feel it will be a high scoring game where both celtic and Rangers will score several goals. Where celtic edge the difference I feel might be full backs.

I'm more than confident however that Rangers will beat celtic, I don't think celtic are as unstoppable as some have you believe.

34 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

What a day .. they had just done the double tae ..

That mob were a decent side then . They beat us 3.1 at the midden 2 months later . .then we won next 2 4.1 and 2.1 .. 

I think if we go 352 against them at Ibrox we'll beat them .. my fear is  Roberts and Tierney running at Tav .

Like I say Rangers are unproven, the game against Hibs it was 1-1 and all to play for until the red card and Hearts sat in against us, it'll be interesting to see what it will be like if Rangers can keep 11 men on the park and play against a side attacking Rangers and this being a game Rangers will have a point to prove, that is what will intrigue me.

I remain quietly confident, as mentioned celtic will no doubt seek to exploit the full back areas, but meanwhile they're not so spectacular in defence so they themselves will leave themselves wide open and that's why it might be a 3-2 thriller.

4 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Like I say Rangers are unproven, the game against Hibs it was 1-1 and all to play for until the red card and Hearts sat in against us, it'll be interesting to see what it will be like if Rangers can keep 11 men on the park and play against a side attacking Rangers and this being a game Rangers will have a point to prove, that is what will intrigue me.

I remain quietly confident, as mentioned celtic will no doubt seek to exploit the full back areas, but meanwhile they're not so spectacular in defence so they themselves will leave themselves wide open and that's why it might be a 3-2 thriller to us.

Sorted :dance::dance:

35 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Sorted :dance::dance:

I concur, I honestly feel we'll beat them, I think Morelos will score a good few past them at Ibrox and we'll perhaps see the very best of him in that game. Add to this we might even see the big man used, Herrera. I would like to imagine Peña could potentially be used in the second half to cause problems to celtic with his runs because celtic are very attack minded and with the room they'll leave open it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Miller is no doubt going to be a starter and as much as people will not rate Kenny he has this knack for scoring against celtic so it would be good to see Kenny score against them and Morelos get 1 or 2 goals agains them. This is a game I think Dorrans will shine in and we might see Bruno at the top of his game. Like I say though my only worry is full back areas. I think we're going to edge it. 

3 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Rangers problem is the full back area where they leave themselves exposed and if you look at the goal Motherwell scored as well as Ross County both came from the break of play and just so happened to be down the right side of the pitch where Wallace is supposed to be marking. This is where celtic will exploit Rangers I feel unless Rangers turn up differently in the old firm game and approach that differently, I'm not entirely sure.

Are celtic spectacular defensively? No, far from it, they're a team who leak a lot of goals against decent opposition therefore if Rangers do attack them there's every chance Rangers could beat them. This is why I feel it will be a high scoring game where both celtic and Rangers will score several goals. Where celtic edge the difference I feel might be full backs.

I'm more than confident however that Rangers will beat celtic, I don't think celtic are as unstoppable as some have you believe.

You say Rangers too much, can you not just say "we" or "us":lol:

scum have done nothing of note this summer and have a dodgy defense. We have improved our quality all over the park.

It's a no brainer that they can be beat. Thistle and St Johnstone have shown that already.

It will cause panic in the tim ranks if we win on the 23rd and I believe that we will.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

You say Rangers too much, can you not just say "we" or "us":lol:

I reference Rangers because I'm just a supporter, not the one kicking the ball about on the park, although I bloody well wish I were haha I suppose technically you could use 'we' or 'us', whichever one may prefer.

8 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I reference Rangers because I'm just a supporter, not the one kicking the ball about on the park, although I bloody well wish I were haha I suppose technically you could use 'we' or 'us', whichever one may prefer.

It's just very hard to read when you continually use it, thats all.

53 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

scum have done nothing of note this summer and have a dodgy defense. We have improved our quality all over the park.

It's a no brainer that they can be beat. Thistle and St Johnstone have shown that already.

It will cause panic in the tim ranks if we win on the 23rd and I believe that we will.

Correct, there were many games last season proving that celtic weren't exactly what people were making them out to be. Yes it was a great record that they went unbeaten but were they this prolific scoring team up front?

Hearts 1-2 celtic
St. Johnstone 2-2 celtic
Dundee 0-1 celtic
Aberdeen 0-1 celtic
Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic
Motherwell 3-4 celtic
celtic 1-0 Hamilton
celtic 2-1 Dundee
celtic 1-0 Partick Thistle

This is just a sample of many, many games that celtic were very fortunate not to have dropped points in. Yes, one can argue that a good team is consistent, we don't take that away from them, but the way some people are talking about them is as if they win games with ease and are some prolific goal scoring team, really? So why the hell for 90 minutes were they struggling to put more goals past Partick Thistle?

The point being is that sure, Rangers themselves aren't exactly that spectacular and struggling to score more goals, but how is that any different to celtic in most cases? It's not, celtic in most games are the same and I believe strongly that celtic are not going to pick up the same amount of points as last season, I believe they'll drop a lot more. Motherwell have strengthened compared to last season and one may argue Aberdeen etc.

So it's going to be an interesting season, I don't think of celtic as this unstoppable force, in fact I am very confident that our side can beat celtic home AND away. Last season in the games they won 5-1 the midfield and defence were rank rotten, at least now we've got some fighting chance, one that will cause celtic problems, so there's no question, players like Candeias and Dorrans will cause them problems and we may see the best out of Windass down the left against them, plus we have a good option now in John to put out wide left, so I'm fairly confident.

Yes celtic will pose a threat going forward, but why can't we? I'll remain confident :happy:

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's just very hard to read when you continually use it, thats all.

Perhaps a wee bit of a bad habit, overall I'm not overly fussed which I use, but nonetheless my general message remains the same that I think we can honestly beat celtic and hell if we beat the living shit out of them even better lol :lol: