De Boer a game away from sack

KWBear

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

There you've accepted that we can both have differing opinions. Really growing as a person in this thread :lol:

I wouldn't say I was playing down his achievements, obviously winning 4 titles in a row is good going but when he's managed 3 clubs and been a disaster at 2 of those then it does kinda look like he's just not a very good manager. He could go elsewhere after this and come good but I don't see it because he seems to just want to stick to the tactics that won him titles in Holland and those aren't going to work at the likes of Crystal Palace.

Impossible to tell if he would be a success here either but if I had to guess I'd say it would probably go the same way as Warburton's time here did. Unless we handed him a ridiculous transfer budget to get the suitable players in that could play his way.

Really growing as a person like you do when you wear the tarrier strip:megaanguish::p:

I'm not sure, sometimes people are just a good fit for a club/structure.

Ajax has historically been a very well ran and organised set up from youth level to the full first team, christ we were talking about the last time Aberdeen won the league and that was early 80's, Ajax won  the champions league in 95.

So maybe that job suited him with the structure of the club all aimed at him getting the best for his first team.

Not even sure why this is the bears den because it has very little to do with us at all, apart from us being loosely linked with him before Pedro came in.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Really growing as a person like you do when you wear the tarrier strip:megaanguish::p:

I'm not sure, sometimes people are just a good fit for a club/structure.

Ajax has historically been a very well ran and organised set up from youth level to the full first team, christ we were talking about the last time Aberdeen won the league and that was early 80's, Ajax won  the champions league in 95.

So maybe that job suited him with the structure of the club all aimed at him getting the best for his first team.

Not even sure why this is the bears den because it has very little to do with us at all, apart from us being loosely linked with him before Pedro came in.

Fucking scored for them on Saturday as well :megaanguish:

Ajax would be a good fit for him because he'll know the club inside out and pretty much has a conveyor belt of talent coming through all ready to play their style of football. It's a different thing entirely going to a foreign country and trying to implement that straight away without having those players there. He either needs a club that's going to allow him to buy the players he needs straight away or give him time to get the players at the club used to his system or he's going to have to adjust his tactics. So far neither of those has happened for him hence why he'll be unemployed again soon enough.

I agree it shouldn't be in the bears' den. First time I seen the thread I was half expecting it to be a suggestion that we go in for him when Palace give him the bullet.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ajax would be a good fit for him because he'll know the club inside out and pretty much has a conveyor belt of talent coming through all ready to play their style of football. It's a different thing entirely going to a foreign country and trying to implement that straight away without having those players there. He either needs a club that's going to allow him to buy the players he needs straight away or give him time to get the players at the club used to his system or he's going to have to adjust his tactics. So far neither of those has happened for him hence why he'll be unemployed again soon enough.

I agree it shouldn't be in the bears' den. First time I seen the thread I was half expecting it to be a suggestion that we go in for him when Palace give him the bullet.

Did you do a Kenny Miller and pump the chest/badge?:lol:

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I think I seen a picture of you on Fb ?.

Might no have been you though

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Nah I had family there watching me mate. Jogged back to my own half staring at the ground so I didn't have to make eye contact with any of them :lol:

Aye, no doubt they would have had the camera phones out ready to noise you up for a reaction to get a picture:lol:

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Mate the amount of pictures I'm in is unreal. I don't think the cameras were pointing at anyone else :lol:

Ye know whats going to happen mate, your next big birthday they are going to be pinned up everywhere:lol:

The things we do for our children.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Ye know whats going to happen mate, your next big birthday they are going to be pinned up everywhere:lol:

The things we do for our children.

That's a certainty. I ended up just sticking all the pics on Facebook myself cos when I played in it last year the bastards were tagging me in them for days after it :lol:

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Do what wise men do, and i also did it:lol:, delete facebook.

I'm off it over a year now, so much more time to do shit when you don't have it distracting you.

It'll be gone soon enough. The amount of time I waste looking at it at work just out of sheer boredom is unreal.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It'll be gone soon enough. The amount of time I waste looking at it at work just out of sheer boredom is unreal.

Fucks with the head mate, i used to end up with irrational hatred for cunts because their posts but keep them on my page so i could see how cuntish they were:lol:

Wasting an hour after work (despite using it all day at work) reading utter shite and killing motivation to do stuff in the process.

Never been so focussed on my gym stuff and that since i chucked it.

Only good if yer chasing yer hole and single:lol:

On 07/09/2017 at 6:31 AM, .Williamson. said:

Where did you hear this?

I didn't see it confirmed anywhere at the time that we spoke to him

A friend of mine was at the Chairman's Dinner and one of the Directors told him they approached him but it never got past the first stage 

On 07/09/2017 at 3:42 PM, plumbGER said:

Why was it nonsense to mention 2 teams who were in the same league as the beggars? it would be nonsense if they weren't.

So what have i actually got wrong? I thought it was mostly just opinions we were giving? The facts i stated about how many times PSV/FEYENOORD won the league were correct to my knowledge.

The picture attached shows what you just got wrong though:lol:

Screenshot_20170907-153812.png

I remember Kenny Miller being excellent at home to Italy and away to Norway in that group.

That and the next European Qualifiers was the last time I really bothered with the Scotland team.

On 06/09/2017 at 10:19 PM, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Frank played 15 games for us didnae make him a legend and didnae make him a manager, get real, but good luck to him!

image.gif.aee57e741dadef0a08b995f85670394b.gif

He was finished when we got him.  But he was some player in his day, I never wanted him and glad we did not go for him, but then we got Pedro and I  wish we went for him.  As you say good luck to him and I hope he gets the wins he needs to get out  of this and up the table.