Cardoso Celebrating A Great Tackle

tannerall

Can't believe he's getting pelters from posters on here.

It's exactly the passion and belief we need from our players with every pass, every 50/50 ball, every tackle and every goal attempt. That's the sort of commitment we've been missing for ages. Gees up the player and the team and most of us other fans. 

Huge difference from the days of players poncing anonymously round the park while the manager watched folded armed and expressionless. Reminded me of the days when Forsyth and Jackson excelled at that type of tackle. 

Hopefully we'll be seeing more and more of it this season, the sheer desire to compete and win.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a fuckin riddy.

It was a reasonably easy tackle.

A bheast player does that on Saturday and we'd be pissing ourselves and ripping fuck out of him for it.

He didn't gee up fans or team mates he celebrated his tackle. An easyish touchline tackle not a goal saving or scoring one. Not a smashing fuck him up in the air Lego tackle.

I've no issues with aggression and passion but that was ridiculous.

And no it's not like a great tennis shot.

Edit.

OP. Jackson and Forsyth were before my time. Did they react the same way to winning similar tackles?

I don't recall Gough, Butcher, Amoruso, etc doing so. 

Or any CH. Ever ?

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's a fuckin riddy.

It was a reasonably easy tackle.

A bheast player does that on Saturday and we'd be pissing ourselves and ripping fuck out of him for it.

He didn't gee up fans or team mates he celebrated his tackle. An easyish touchline tackle not a goal saving or scoring one. Not a smashing fuck him up in the air Lego tackle.

I've no issues with aggression and passion but that was ridiculous.

And no it's not like a great tennis shot.

You've never cheeered or applauded a tackle which broke up an opposition attack for the Gers ? 

Too many passionless cynical fans  at Gers games these days. Are you Ally McCoist ? You forgotten the great rousing Glaswegian battle cry that used to ring around Ibrox to encourage commitment, "Gerintithum" ?

As in "Gerintithumfenyanbasturdz" ?

He was NOT celebrating the tackle, he was pumping himself up as anyone who has ever played competitive sports has also done.  He was at that time taking more responsibility, having a decent game and showing passion.  We demand passion from players tey criticise them when they demonstrate that passion, odd. 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

You've never cheeered or applauded a tackle which broke up an opposition attack for the Gers ? 

Too many passionless cynical fans  at Gers games these days. Are you Ally McCoist ? You forgotten the great rousing Glaswegian battle cry that used to ring around Ibrox to encourage commitment, "Gerintithum" ?

As in "Gerintithumfenyanbasturdz" ?

Yeah but I'm not a professional player doing my job.

The rest of your post is nonsense in the context of this discussion.

If he hadn't done this yesterday, but Boyata did it on Saturday in front of where you sit, what would your and the general response be?

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Edit.

OP. Jackson and Forsyth were before my time. Did they react the same way to winning similar tackles?

I don't recall Gough, Butcher, Amoruso, etc doing so. 

Or any CH. Ever ?

Players self congratulate themselves all the time when successful, it stokes the ego and commitment. I'm sure many of us have done it in a game, albeit less dramatically when we've done something good.There was a lot of self psychology there by Cardoso, and was obviously a big turning point for his game and confidence probably putting to bed a bit of uncertainty he had till then.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah but I'm not a professional player doing my job.

The rest of your post is nonsense in the context of this discussion.

If he hadn't done this yesterday, but Boyata did it on Saturday in front of where you sit, what would your and the general response be?

He may have been "doing a job" but at that point he had done it successfully. Chill out and give yourself a wee pat on the back for perseverence.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He was NOT celebrating the tackle, he was pumping himself up as anyone who has ever played competitive sports has also done.  He was at that time taking more responsibility, having a decent game and showing passion.  We demand passion from players tey criticise them when they demonstrate that passion, odd. 

Are our other players present and past not competitive sportspersons then?

Ive seen plenty gee up team mates or a crowd. They tend to look at them when doing so.

But now we are pleased to see a CH pumping up his emotions after winning a tackle that he was favourite to win?

Excellent.

And if a bheast did it you'd think it made sense that he was psyching himself after a similar tackle?

I'd be ripping the piss out him for being a stupid cunt.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Players self congratulate themselves all the time when successful, it stokes the ego and commitment. I'm sure many of us have done it in a game, albeit less dramatically when we've done something good.There was a lot of self psychology there by Cardoso, and was obviously a big turning point for his game and confidence probably putting to bed a bit of uncertainty he had till then.

But I thought he was having a decent game at that point and taking responsibility according to SD above.....

So it was dramatic then you say....

He may have been "doing a job" but at that point he had done it successfully. Chill out and give yourself a wee pat on the back for perseverence.

I think I'll go outside and scream at the top of my voice whilst patting my back. Just for the dramatic effect.....

Managers do it too.

What where Klopp gees up the crowd?

Did the player making the tackle fist pump there....?

I think we all get Klopp being happy there and getting the crowd going. Is THAT what you think that was last night?

At no time did I say players past or present were not competitive, Craig Moore is one example of pumping himself up, did it often.  I think Cardoso knows he has not lived up to our (and perhaps his own) expectations) hence trying to fire himself up.  Nothing wrong with passion.   I have no real interest what players in other teams do but a passionate Rangers team is something we should all demand.  

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What where Klopp gees up the crowd?

Did the player making the tackle fist pump there....?

I think we all get Klopp being happy there and getting the crowd going. Is THAT what you think that was last night?

I'm sure Pedro enjoyed Cardoso's reaction, much like the rest of us did.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Yes embarrassing...id much prefer players who don't give a fuck whether they make the tackle or not.

I've seen lots of fist pumps from players who make important challenges, get their adrenaline going.

Who said they want player's who don't give a fuck? Arguing a ridiculous point with that one 

Loved the likes of Bomber in the tackle. Hard as nails, aggressive, ruthless.

Didn't do shit like that last night though did he?