MisterC

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That wee pub joined into the back of the Main Stand at Berwick Rangers .. you could speak nice to the wee lassie at the turnstile/gate thingy where you went in and out at the stairs and she'd let you out for a half-time pint and back into the game again and that wee Ian Black cunt was standing in there at half-time in his kit talking to cunts ...

No way mate hahaha (not in I don't believe you way), can't get my head round that although that alone sums of those years, tend to cringe and shiver when a think back to it and some of the squads we'd line up with.

8 hours ago, chris182 said:

The whole thing was absolut sh**e :lol:

SomeĀ horrible performances during that time too. Nothing enjoyable about it at all. McCoist made the whole thing 10 times worse as it transpired he was a terrible manager.

Me and @Mr Sopranospoke about this. For a month or 6 weeks it was a novelty. After that it was fucking dire

Do people honestly believe the crap about wee roll shops and boozers making more money the couple of hours a thousand or so bears visit town than they normally would a month?Ā 

To me the whole journey was shite and no matter how people dress it up, the teams loved us (no they didn't- 25 of 30 clubs voted us down to D3) we kept small businesses open (no we didn't). People talking about how we saved clubs from debt giving them a much needed cash injection... this the same clubs under the SFA that we couldn't give a fuck about and as mentioned, those who voted us into d3 rather than D1?Ā 

Sorry but no fairy tail about knights swooning in and saving the lower divisions and towns of Scottish football from extinction will make those sorry years any better.Ā 

Winning was nice though...Ā 

18 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Do people honestly believe the crap about wee roll shops and boozers making more money the couple of hours a thousand or so bears visit town than they normally would a month?Ā 

To me the whole journey was shite and no matter how people dress it up, the teams loved us (no they didn't- 25 of 30 clubs voted us down to D3) we kept small businesses open (no we didn't). People talking about how we saved clubs from debt giving them a much needed cash injection... this the same clubs under the SFA that we couldn't give a fuck about and as mentioned, those who voted us into d3 rather than D1?Ā 

Sorry but no fairy tail about knights swooning in and saving the lower divisions and towns of Scottish football from extinction will make those sorry years any better.Ā 

The SPL clubs voted to refuse us to play in the SPL. Killie abstained and I think Ross County didnt have a vote or also abstained.

The Scottish League voted to accept us.If the clubs you mention hadnt voted we would have had no league to play in. Hardly surprising they said we must start in Division 3.

Wee pubs and shops make money anytime the Rangers come to town.

Just now, orangecountry said:

Roll shops? No. Boozers? Oh fuck aye

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Aye sometimes :lol:Ā 

Airdire at home in the Scottish cup on a Friday night, went in done a pish and left. Never even made my seat, sums that period up.

Elgin away me and my wee mate went and stood for a minute, asked if we wanted a patsy, went to the bog for a minute and then went back to the pub. Ā Second Elgin game we just stayed in the pub.

annan away, I got a weans ticket at the very last minute after worrying aw morning for a ticket, went in for literally a minute and then went back to the wee club down the road from the ground. :lol:

the third division season turned me from a guy that used to moan and greet at cunts for leaving early for the pub every week into the same cunt I used to moan about.Ā 

Just now, GOAT said:

Elgin away me and my wee mate went and stood for a minute, asked if we wanted a patsy, went to the bog for a minute and then went back to the pub. Ā Second Elgin game we just stayed in the pub.

annan away, I got a weans ticket at the very last minute after worrying aw morning for a ticket, went in for literally a minute and then went back to the wee club down the road from the ground. :lol:

the third division season turned me from a guy that used to moan and greet at cunts for leaving early for the pub every week into the same cunt I used to moan about.Ā 

Was banned for the 1st year in the Championship, still travelled most weeks cos knew the pubs would be bouncing :lol:Ā 

1 hour ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Only thing I miss is seeing Rangers at new grounds made 40 out of 42 splf grounds, literally thatā€™s it.Ā 

Same as me Peterhead and Albion Rovers. Ā First Peterhead game I was in Londonderry wae the band, second game my wee mate got a knock back so I went back to the pub wae the kitty money wae him. :lol:Ā 

Albion Rovers self explanatory, we never played them in Coatbridge.Ā