Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

If it was a pass can anyone confirm if the ball resulted in going to a Rangers player after the coming together? 

Only after it took a substantial deflection off Stevie May's right leg.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Definite red all day long, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he knew exactly what he was doing when he went into that challenge. Ryan Jack is a liability.

I suspect he did.

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Where was the ball travelling to had it not taken the deflection? 

Behind Stevie May. Basically he was trying to pass through Stevie May if he was trying to pass it. The gif people keep posting is a bad angle to see it. Looks like it could be a pass (although even then I think the body language is wrong) from that but not when you see the direction he actually hits it from the other gifs.

Seems unlikely. :thinking:

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I'm not arguing with that. Doesn't change the rules. If you hit someone with force on the ankle with your studs with enough force you can injure them you're going to be sent off.

I've already said 10 years ago it would have been waived play on.

Except you won't, we'e ssen wwrse tackles this season, infact didnt collum fail to send off a partick player against us for the exact same, except our player won the ball that game

anybody thats ever played amateur or junior knows the saying. you shit out of it and you're more likely to get hurt. May shat it and was late. how can u go in late for a tackle and end up with the other guy geting sent off? 

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Never a red, a yellow at the most. Compare and contrast with this:

yr911w.gif

mQYlZE.gif

No intention of getting the ball, but fuck all given.

Referees are supposed to be consistent in their decision making which makes Jack's sending off even more puzzling after looking at the two gifs above. 

But we (well most of us) all know why he was sent off. If it wasn't him it was going to be another Rangers player, remember what happened on Wednesday night. 

Corrupt to the core. 

It's a difficult one to call.

Is it accidental that he catch May after playing the ball or does he leave his foot in there intentionally?

One of the aberdeen player caught Holt on the ankle (without playing the ball) in the first half and wasn't booked.

In the old firm game at Ibrox their centre half won the ball and then nearly halved Miller in two and a foul wasn't even given.

21 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That will get rescinded. He didnt lunge in, it wasnt excessive, he did get the ball but his follow through and the fact that May shit it meant he got a sore one.

Definintely not serious foul play 

I hope we don't appeal this Dmh, it will almost certainly not get rescinded, but from the normal run of the mill rough and tumble of a game of football that was a red. Jack has been wrongly red carded in the past and correctly absolved under appeal. I like the way he plays his football and think he has to take this one on the chin - if he was cleared of this one, he would become a bigger target than he already is in the cesspit that is Scottish Football.

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

Definite red all day long, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he knew exactly what he was doing when he went into that challenge. Ryan Jack is a liability.

Wisnae a challenge, he passed the ball. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Not the point I’m making mate some people are saying it wasn’t a challenge, it was a pass. I’m trying to work out if it was a pass did it go to another blue shirt. 

See if any player puts a challenge in with the side of their foot, they need skelped. 

Does not matter if a pass makes its intended target, its still a pass. 

Kenny tries to pass all the time, usually ends up as a throw. 

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Not the point I’m making mate some people are saying it wasn’t a challenge, it was a pass. I’m trying to work out if it was a pass did it go to another blue shirt. 

It was a pass,when do you make a tackle with the side of your foot?  :lol:

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

See the thing is, see if he doesn't put the studs in or keeps the boot down it's a yellow at worst.  The fact he keeps the studs up and nearly broken his ankle on two is why it's a stone wall red card. 

completely disagree,  he has literally no time to change the direction of his studs ( which were pretty much pointing down at the ground), he has no time to pull out of it, he has no time to do anything other than what he did.

If he had shat out of playing that pass, and let May win the ball, I'd have been furious.   he went in hard, won the ball, and made no attempt whatsoever to injure the player.  Never a red card.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

See if any player puts a challenge in with the side of their foot, they need skelped. 

Does not matter if a pass makes its intended target, its still a pass. 

Kenny tries to pass all the time, usually ends up as a throw. 

You make a challenge with the side of your foot if you are then intending to stick your studs into Stevie May's ankle.

Archived