Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Anyone that's played any football at any level knows that when you go in for a tackle at pace, using the side of your foot, then there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop the follow through in the millisecond it happens.  And if he'd tried to do what May did (shite it), chances are he'd have got injured himself.

Exactly, and in that particular area of the park you will see tackles like that week in week out, particularly in big games.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

Yes.

It's on Jack to not break his leg, whether deliberately or carelessly. If May's leg is going to be there, Jack has to anticipate that and avoid putting his studs through it. It's a simple concept that's been understood and explained by every referee pundit that's looked at it. Jack must go into the collision differently. It's extremely unfortunate where May's leg has ended up and how it was planted.

Quite simply, if May had done the same to Jack not a single person on here would be defending it and we all know it. It's extreme blinkers.

Contrary to the repeated line that May shited it, he didn't, he was late to the collision and put his foot out for a 50/50. Jack went in full blooded for a 70/30. Jack injured may. Sending off.

May shat it and that is why it was a 70/30.

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd have said anyone that's played football is naive if they think that's 'just a pass' tbh.

:lol: 

I await the 34 pager defending the lego eater doing this to one of ours.

giphy.gif

This angle makes me suspicious of how honest it was and the zero remorse. 

1. Imagine trying to go for a ball like that and make a pass at the same time!

2. If Jack had not bothered going for the ball and went for the player he would have got a straight red, and rightly so. He went for the ball, but gets a straight red anyway;  that he went for the ball seems to have been lost somewhere, incredible!

To be fair to the referee, he has to make an instantaneous decision, and that the Aberdeen player came out of it so badly immediately possibly played a big part on his decision. It would be interesting to see what would have happened had Jack went down after the clash as well, had he feigned injury. That Jack wins the ball after the collision, ironically, appears to have done him no favours.

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd have said anyone that's played football is naive if they think that's 'just a pass' tbh.

From the film above, I'm even more confused by your point. On the one hand you make a good point, and it's something I didn't appreciate before; from that it appears Jack does intend to pass the ball to McCrorie. What I'm confused about is where you believe a foul is made, in that context.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

From the film above, I'm even more confused by your point. On the one hand you make a good point, and it's something I didn't appreciate before; from that it appears Jack does intend to pass the ball to McCrorie. What I'm confused about is where you believe a foul is made, in that context.

He didn't try to pass it to McCrorie.

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Were you banned from ff for being a tim or a sheep?

Lots of unlikely taigs in this thread thinking it was a definitely a red.  GOAT, KAI, etc, etc. Would never have thunk it.

Just now, Inigo said:

He didn't try to pass it to McCrorie.

Ah, right, so you are saying he doesn't intend a pass. But from that angle, his foot looks to be making a pass. Anyone who has played football would recognise that Jack is making a pass with how he plays his foot there.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

I await the 34 pager defending the lego eater doing this to one of ours.

giphy.gif

This angle makes me suspicious of how honest it was and the zero remorse. 

That doesn't change a thing.  May is late in to the tackle, turns sideways and comes off second best.    Jack is not looking down at the point of contact with May.   What I would ask is where Jack is meant to put his leg after winning the ball?    It's a sore one but there is absolutely no evidence of deliberate foul play.   Only Jack could tell you if he meant it.    

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ah, right, so you are saying he doesn't intend a pass. But from that angle, his foot looks to be making a pass. Anyone who has played football would recognise that Jack is making a pass with how he plays his foot there.

You ever seen the Gazza challenge?

This is what I mean about naive. That foot shape does not always mean you're trying an innocent wee pass.

The Jack verdict has been public for 4 hours but the RFC web site has nothing up.  I hope the club come out with a reasonable statement aimed at the SFA and referees such as Collum, Beaton etc.    I won't hold my breath on that with that useless gutless Robertson at the helm.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

The Gazza challenge against Forest?

Yeah. Foot shape was unconventional to say the least.

Anyway, wider point is that I've seen plenty of players go in like that, and it wasn't with the simple intent of playing a pass.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That doesn't change a thing.  May is late in to the tackle, turns sideways and comes off second best.    Jack is not looking down at the point of contact with May.   What I would ask is where Jack is meant to put his leg after winning the ball?    It's a sore one but there is absolutely no evidence of deliberate foul play.   Only Jack could tell you if he meant it.    

Jack isn't meant to put his leg there at all. If making that pass at full speed means he clatters studs first into May he must, as May did, pull back. Honestly, if this was Brown or some other tim thug everyone would be going nuts. It is indefensible, an accident but a red. Let this one go. It's not doing us any favours when we have a genuine case.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Foot shape was unconventional to say the least.

Anyway, wider point is that I've seen plenty of players go in like that, and it wasn't with the simple intent of playing a pass.

You must be joking, are you honestly trying to equate Jack's challenge to that? I regard myself as one of your greatest fans on here, but come on  that is far fetched, even for you.

Archived