Halliday

bordersbear

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, HG5 said:

You just said they don’t even play in the same position!

Maybe if Halliday became a 5 yard tap-in merchant, he’d have an equally impressive scoring rate?

Why would we play him that far forward though when he's went on record saying that his natural position is a holding midfielder?

Yet we have people on here comparing him to attacking midfielders and others wanting to play him out on the left. Madness.

7 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Pena is so poor that despite Kranjcar almost being in a coma for an hour he still only got on for the last 10 minutes. Lazy and unfit players on big wages like Pena and Kranjcar are what we need rid of. 

I don't think Murty's poor decision to leave Kranjcar on for that long is any reflection on Pena's ability tbh.

But let's adopt your logic for a second. Halliday is so poor that, despite Kranjcar being as poor and off the pace as he is, we still sent him to Azerbaijan on loan instead.

For what it's worth I thought he had an excellent season in the championship before disappointing last season. That said, a poor season doesn't make a player suddenly useless and there might have been reasons for his lack of form which weren't just about ability. He might fail again but it seems to me that it is worth a try considering some of the other options available to us. What is there to lose?

Our issue with Halliday all stems from the position he played, Defensive Midfielder.

He has never played that until RFC, normally either LB or LW. Of course he would struggle in a position he's never played in. 

Hopefully, if he's played in a position he knows how to play then we can maybe see a better version of him.

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

You just said they don’t even play in the same position!

Maybe if Halliday became a 5 yard tap-in merchant, he’d have an equally impressive scoring rate?

I'd be more than happy if he was capable of that but he can't even make a 5 yard pass ffs. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I'd be more than happy if he was capable of that but he can't even make a 5 yard pass ffs. 

Now that's just fucking nonsense. We can all make up shite to suit our agenda but to suggest he can't pass the ball five yards just makes you look stupid.

58 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

For what it's worth I thought he had an excellent season in the championship before disappointing last season. That said, a poor season doesn't make a player suddenly useless and there might have been reasons for his lack of form which weren't just about ability. He might fail again but it seems to me that it is worth a try considering some of the other options available to us. What is there to lose?

Games of football. 

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Why would we play him that far forward though when he's went on record saying that his natural position is a holding midfielder?

Yet we have people on here comparing him to attacking midfielders and others wanting to play him out on the left. Madness.

Yet you quote goalscoring as a benchmark, so making Pena a better option?

I thought you looked to be blurring your own argument.

For my two penn’orth, I’m no great fan of Halliday, either.

Although, I can  see how he might be perceived as a better fit than the other 2, for a league which seems to reward running around a lot over the odd flash of inspiration.

19 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It's not for Andy Halliday to predict when Pedro would be gone. Who does he think he is, Barry Ferguson? I actually agree with Pedro in all of our loanees. He shipped them out because they are not good enough.

He is entitled to form his own opinion of Pedro and predict what would happen to him. As it turns out he was absolutely correct.

Archived