Halliday

bordersbear

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I was joking but never mind.

...sorry mate, I got the hibs joke part, but I've just joined up and finding my feet with the personalities and egos of those in the forum...not always easy to tell who is and who isn't joking :dunno: for a newbie (equally, not as easy for 'the regulars' to read me tbf)...I'm not here to upset people but to enjoy the banter/patter and the massive wealth of information 'The Bears Den' offers about the 'The Famous Glasgow Rangers', the Club I've loved for over 55 years...unfortunately I am too far away to breath in deeply, the smells, sounds atmosphere of Ibrox Park as often as I used to...but I'll get there, no doubt...any pointers to keep me out of trouble? :thinking::whistle:

Some people have really short memories, do yous not remember his absolutely shameful performance against the filth in April? The amount of people I've seen saying he will give 110% is a joke considering he didn't do it once last time round.

14 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Some people have really short memories, do yous not remember his absolutely shameful performance against the filth in April? The amount of people I've seen saying he will give 110% is a joke considering he didn't do it once last time round.

True, but he was good in the semi-final.

Definitely improves the options though, and improves the squad depth.  He's our player and is as well getting a shot trying to impress a new manager than being left languishing in Azza Avber, Azber, the far east of europe. 

8 hours ago, Ross The Boss said:

...sorry mate, I got the hibs joke part, but I've just joined up and finding my feet with the personalities and egos of those in the forum...not always easy to tell who is and who isn't joking :dunno: for a newbie (equally, not as easy for 'the regulars' to read me tbf)...I'm not here to upset people but to enjoy the banter/patter and the massive wealth of information 'The Bears Den' offers about the 'The Famous Glasgow Rangers', the Club I've loved for over 55 years...unfortunately I am too far away to breath in deeply, the smells, sounds atmosphere of Ibrox Park as often as I used to...but I'll get there, no doubt...any pointers to keep me out of trouble? :thinking::whistle:

Stay away from BP9 and anyone else who voted yes would be my advice.

8 hours ago, Ross The Boss said:

only 2 rules to follow.

1 - Gogzy is always right

2 - On the occasions Gogzy is wrong, refer to rule 1

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

True, but he was good in the semi-final.

Definitely improves the options though, and improves the squad depth.  He's our player and is as well getting a shot trying to impress a new manager than being left languishing in Azza Avber, Azber, the far east of europe. 

2 years ago. And he's still living off it.

2 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Played a blinder in the semi-final.  Also scored a cracker in the final. He went off the boil but l'm glad he's back....get Pena and the other imposters to fuck.

40 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Played a blinder in the semi-final.  Also scored a cracker in the final. He went off the boil but l'm glad he's back....get Pena and the other imposters to fuck.

Pena, as lazy and unfit as he is, is twice the player Halliday could ever dream of being.

Also, as I've said above, the big performances you're referencing were 2 years ago. Talk to me about his premiership performances.

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I remember his lesuirely jog into the box just after he failed to track boggle eyes before he scored, really gave his all then.

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

20 months ago, but there’s more of value in him than a fair few others in the squad. 

Is there? 

Explain how a guy who couldn't even get a game in the Azerbaijani league and was even voted one of their worst signings of the season is more valuable than anyone in our squad.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Is there? 

Explain how a guy who couldn't even get a game in the Azerbaijani league and was even voted one of their worst signings of the season is more valuable than anyone in our squad.

Expert in Azerbaijan? ?

Would offer more than Krancjar for one from Saturdays starting 11.  As for the bench....

Struggled the first time here but seemed to do well in England in a tougher league than this , so he must have something . 

Worth another shot and see what GM can find in him . If it doesn't work out this time , it'l be time to move him on in the summer . . . . permanently.  

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Expert in Azerbaijan? ?

Would offer more than Krancjar for one from Saturdays starting 11.  As for the bench....

Would he though? Can't think of too many times Kranjcar hit the deck and started rolling around like he'd been shot after losing possession on Saturday. That's about all Halliday brings to the table.

And no, I'm not an expert in Azerbaijani football. Nobody is because it's a nothing, backwater league that's ranked even lower than our piss poor setup which makes it all the more embarrassing that Halliday went there and made zero impact other than being voted as one of the worst signings of the season.

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Struggled the first time here but seemed to do well in England in a tougher league than this , so he must have something . 

Worth another shot and see what GM can find in him . If it doesn't work out this time , it'l be time to move him on in the summer . . . . permanently.  

What tougher league did he do well in?

Archived