Safe standing

Escobar

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Cedrick said:

Why no have it in the bromloan front and put the seats down when they come , ub stays where they are and no one in the other stands who don’t want to be put out their seats has to move 

Fuck building it and not having it for the games against the filth

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Fuck building it and not having it for the games against the filth

Atmosphere that game takes care of itself though and that’s the reason for this being installed I’m being told , nothing at all to do with ub wanting down the Rangers end eh 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Atmosphere that game takes care of itself though and that’s the reason for this being installed I’m being told , nothing at all to do with ub wanting down the Rangers end eh 

You're mental mate

There's a hell of a lot more than the UB wanting this

9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Does it? 

They’ve shat all over our support the past 2/3/4 games at Ibrox. We’ve been silent. 

Also, currently looks like it won’t be in the Rangers end.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Does it? 

They’ve shat all over our support the past 2/3/4 games at Ibrox. We’ve been silent. 

If they put that in the broomloan then that's a fucking ridiculous decision 

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Does it? 

That’s due to the results , every atmosphere is determined by the fixture and the result , we’re just back from parkheed which has a standing section and totally out sung them , why ? Coz wee wee all over them and they were shitting themselves 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

That’s due to the results , every atmosphere is determined by the fixture and the result , we’re just back from parkheed which has a standing section and totally out sung them , why ? Coz wee wee all over them and they were shitting themselves 

No, thats because our away support is fuckin superb. 

Thats the aim here, get a good portion of our away support standing together at home games bringing the same atmosphere. 

Ibrox is absoloutely dead, in nearly every game, bar about 100/200 people singing. Surely don’t need to have this argument again that hundreds/thousands standing together at Ibrox singing will create a better atmosphere in almost every game? 

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

No, thats because our away support is fuckin superb. 

Thats the aim here, get a good portion of our away support standing together at home games bringing the same atmosphere. 

Ibrox is absoloutely dead, in nearly every game, bar about 100/200 people singing. Surely don’t need to have this argument again that hundreds/thousands standing together at Ibrox singing will create a better atmosphere in almost every game? 

I posted earlier in this thread save money revamping a section of the ground and put the 9k signed up for CCS away scheme in the one stand 

Suggesting we build it then not use it for old firms is one of the silliest things I've read on here

Imo it should be in the Copland the traditional Rangers end or preferably if the numbers are high enough it should be the bottom tier of the main stand and I'm sure @Copland bear agrees

Regarding who gets to move there, the size of the section should be more than enough to fit all ST holders who wish to move to it. And if it isn't it should be done via ballot, I don't think any one group or groups should be in "control" of the section

On 13/01/2018 at 06:18, superallysbears said:

I'd prefer the enclosures for the safe standing area but I don't think that would happen, Ibrox would look even better that way imo. 

Enclosure used to be brilliant when it was standing and I wish it still was but the cameras are on the SJ stand so maybe for tv atmosphere we should make it GF, or why not both?

Up top for the oldies who want a nice seat and downstairs for the Bears and mandatory singing for 90 minutes.

On 1/14/2018 at 17:25, With Heart and Hand said:

Suggesting we build it then not use it for old firms is one of the silliest things I've read on here

Imo it should be in the Copland the traditional Rangers end or preferably if the numbers are high enough it should be the bottom tier of the main stand and I'm sure @Copland bear agrees

Regarding who gets to move there, the size of the section should be more than enough to fit all ST holders who wish to move to it. And if it isn't it should be done via ballot, I don't think any one group or groups should be in "control" of the section

The last place they had it was, I think (could be wrong) the Enclosures.  The problem there is the very front of those are taking up by the wheelchairs (I'm one of them), so it's a H&S issue having a standing section,  for all concerned, behind or among those that might get in the way in the event of  an emergency., mad goal celebration or whatever.

If you had to have it I'l put it in the copland govan/SJ  front.

Not convinced the reintroduction of  a standing section would improve the atmosphere that greatly to make the hassle that worthwhile, though.

2 hours ago, BrotherTJ said:

The last place they had it was, I think (could be wrong) the Enclosures.  The problem there is the very front of those are taking up by the wheelchairs (I'm one of them), so it's a H&S issue having a standing section,  for all concerned, behind or among those that might get in the way in the event of  an emergency., mad goal celebration or whatever.

If you had to have it I'l put it in the copland govan/SJ  front.

Not convinced the reintroduction of  a standing section would improve the atmosphere that greatly to make the hassle that worthwhile, though.

what hassle?

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Worst idea yet

Cheers ?

I think the amount of other fans that congregate around the union bears or stand in other parts of the stadium, suggests the numbers who would want standing areas, and actually buy tickets for them, is not that high.

Two sections would potentially work - getting singing in other parts of the stadium, like the enclosure and Copland used to do.