Windass

ForeverAndEver

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

It wouldnt stop. He's a totally different player under Murty, the stick hasn't stopped.

He's given pelters by fans yet they're the first to greet like wee wean's when he gives it back.

He should give up social media for a while.

Think he should give up football for a while and take up netball and be the stand out fanny.

:mutley:

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

If only the boy had the wit to do his silly bow celebration then he could have got the plaudits for his goal and assist.

I have no idea why but have never taken to him since he arrived, yes he seems to have good stats but his whole game contribution is normally poor.

I assume someone will have a wee word and explain that taking the piss of the people who pay his wages is not a great idea. :happy:

Before people realised what the bow was for he got stick for that

Just now, Big Al II said:

You said he should knuckle down, wasnt that a suggestion he wasnt working hard enough or playing well enough?

More a case of keep the head down and stop drawing attention to himself with his stupidity.

7 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Only thing shite about Windass is his attitude at times.

The boy is a good player and our form has got improved since he moved off the striker.

I really don't see him as a good player 

Compared to the brilliant players we once had at our club 

He is a  nothing 

Once he is gone .We will be saying thank fuck 

We won't win anything with him unless there at least Superb players all around him 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Which would be fine if he was actually ‘playing well’.

His stats look good, but the reality is he flits into games every so often & does make an occasional, meaningful contribution.

The likes of Boyd were given stick for contributing 4 or 5 times as much, yet were still branded lazy.

He’s actually catching Morelos up on the goals scored + assists, yet look how AM is regarded on here, on account of his work rate & all round contribution.

I suppose it depends if you believe we can afford this sort of luxury player & are happy to wait for his odd good cameo.

Great post ?

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Great post ?

Thanks mate!

Frustrating thing is, he does show some ability in these brief moments - just doesn’t seem to work hard enough (or lacks the smarts) to make them happen more often.

5 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

He is being asked to play as a second striker but he sits far too deep. Murty has openly criticised him for this after the last 3 games. 

Cummings was ridiculously isolated last night. No cunt was near him in the first half and he ended up having to drop deep himself just to get a touch of the ball. 

He scored a good goal last night but if he isn't going to learn to play that position effectively, I'd try Morelos there. 

I thought Morelos was going to come on at half time, despite Windass's goal, I thought he would come on. Morelos was previously playing that role, despite his role supposed to be in the box more often than not.

I don't understand how Morelos could've came on of Windass to play that role. Thought it would happen at halftime, though it never coz of the Halliday/John situation. Thought it would happen when/after Patrick made their first sub. Then thought it would happen when Patrick made their next sub. Then it eventually happens, except its a swap for swap for a player who done ok despite not getting ANY service. Did Murty think Morelos would get better service than Cummings? 

The poor guy came on and barely got a touch. 

Josh needs dropped next game with both Cummings and Morelos starting together. Both of them aren't great at the lone striker role. Why not get them playing together? It seems like it should be done straight away. Everyone thought that was how it would go. Why it hasn't? I can't answer. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

I thought Morelos was going to come on at half time, despite Windass's goal, I thought he would come on. Morelos was previously playing that role, despite his role supposed to be in the box more often than not.

I don't understand how Morelos could've came on of Windass to play that role. Thought it would happen at halftime, though it never coz of the Halliday/John situation. Thought it would happen when/after Patrick made their first sub. Then thought it would happen when Patrick made their next sub. Then it eventually happens, except its a swap for swap for a player who done ok despite not getting ANY service. Did Murty think Morelos would get better service than Cummings? 

Josh needs dropped next game with both Cummings and Morelos starting together. Both of them aren't great at the lone striker role. Why not get them playing together? It seems like it should be done straight away. Everyone thought that was how it would go. Why it hasn't? I can't answer. 

Morelos is brilliant as a lone striker. He's exactly what you'd want someone playing that role to be.

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Morelos is brilliant as a lone striker. He's exactly what you'd want someone playing that role to be.

Put the rod away. In fact, get it out. A real one and go do some real fishing. Get out the house. Sitting in all day trolling RM will lead to an early death. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Put the rod away. In fact, get it out. A real one and go do some real fishing. Get out the house. Sitting in all day trolling RM will lead to an early death. 

:confused: I'm being serious ya fud

He's quick so he can stretch a defence, he's strong and can hold the ball up, he can come deep and link the play and he can score out of nothing. He's the ideal lone striker.

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

:confused: I'm being serious ya fud

He's quick so he can stretch a defence, he's strong and can hold the ball up, he can come deep and link the play and he can score out of nothing. He's the ideal lone striker.

Thought you were on about Windass there :lol:

16 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

There's not a snowball's chance Murty would make a change at half time unless we're getting pumped or someone's injured. 

I think Morelos would do alright in the position Windass is supposed to be playing. His link up play is a good, if not better, than Windass and he'd naturally play closer to Cummings. 

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I really don't see him as a good player 

Compared to the brilliant players we once had at our club 

He is a  nothing 

Once he is gone .We will be saying thank fuck 

We won't win anything with him unless there at least Superb players all around him 

How can you compare him to what we once had though? Football has changed massively and Scottish football has done nothing but go backwards.

Comparing the likes of Windass to the world class players we had previous is just daft. 

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

How can you compare him to what we once had though? Football has changed massively and Scottish football has done nothing but go backwards.

Comparing the likes of Windass to the world class players we had previous is just daft. 

Mate in my book 

You are other good or shite and Windass isn't good