***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Don't think it's gone yet, spend the money and get an experienced guy in with Murty as #2 for next season, the experience this season will have done him no harm.

Thank fuck lay down to septic mciness has no chance of becoming the Rangers manager.It was appalling today but it would have been carnage with that clown in charge.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Don't think it's gone yet, spend the money and get an experienced guy in with Murty as #2 for next season, the experience this season will have done him no harm.

This, Stevie Clarke, 

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You will probably get it tight for that post

However its pretty much true 

12 minutes ago, ara said:

If Morelos had netted his 2 then everyone would be happy. If anyone thought our team were set up badly or played shite in the first half - APART FROM WHEN OUR CENTRAL DEFENCE WAS WEAKENED AFTER BATES GOT INJURED - they should stop claiming to know anything about football.

We has 3 main weaknesses after the Bates injury.

1. Central defence (which was at its weakest..we should shed Cardoso and Alves asap). 

2. Morelos is in the middle of a bad patch. Every striker that’s lived has had them - it doesn’t stop them being a decent striker..only lack of confidence does that. Blaming Morelos or the manager for selecting one of the best SPL goal scorers is total bollocks.

3. Our team panicked under pressure of the occasion after unexpectedly going a goal down - panicked in the some key situations etc.

I’m as emotional at the result as anyone but only because this game was within our grasp..frustrating as fuck. BUT.. if we’d netted those 2 we would have celebrated the Murty revolution big time. And I for one  respect the style of offensive, highly connected football he is attempting to develop. He stated before the game “we’re not there yet!”..and maybe we aren’t .. but the fact many of us have higher expectations means he’s surely part of a longer term solution, not the problem?

Surely the real problem has been the lack of managerial, team and financial stability in the last 5 years? For me this young team have showed that they can provide the foundation of a new style, forward- looking Rangers team, that are not just a bunch of disparate and highly paid mercenaries. We’ve seen that this model isn’t affordable long term in the SPL. 

Shouting for change when there is no clear better alternative is bollocks and reeks of the knee-jerk desperation this club has suffered from too much in recent years and needs to rid itself of.

So time to suck it back up and support our club and manager - and trust that they will recognise and address the 3 weaknesses above - the 2nd (Morelos) will need encouragement, not slagging, to get the usual goals flowing again. He was obviously desolate at both misses but worked his ass of as usual all game.

We have come a long way in a short time.. we aren’t too far and we must build on the style of play seen in the first half - and the obvious teamwork seen in most areas of the park..apart from the middle of our defence post Bates. Given the situation I reckon McCrorie could help us out in our hour of need here.

But let’s not throw the developing, possibly beautiful looking, baby out with the bath water!

WATP! 

Yes and No, a nice concise summary, but sadly deluded Brendan won tactics 2nd half, Murty is slow to react to game changes.

A game lost there,  so it's now semi final and next year.

45 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Don't think the keeper was to blame for any of the goals tbh,Rojic ran thru the MF and not a glove was laid on him and his shot was well towards the corner. 2nd goal,MF missing again and the defender too slow, their 3rd our defence showed him inside instead of getting on his right and pushing him wide.Fod pulled off a couple of very good saves in the 1st half. We had the chances up front and didn't take them,simples.

I agree we need to rebuild the CB positions but Fod is doing well atm,imo

Better keeper gets to them imo. Not saying he's to blame was pointing out his bad positioning for all three goals. 

On 06/03/2018 at 01:10, Tiger Shaw said:

Fuck sake Alfredo needs to start, the wee man is desperate to get himself to the EPL and this is the stage he has to produce if he wants to acheive that. He will be well aware of this. The stage is set and I've got a feeling El Buffalo will shine and fire us to victory. It's a no brainer for me, we need our top scorer on the pitch for this one and not just for his goals, he will run the taig defence ragged and he wont be slow to give legodome a few well deserved digs.

He fucked it :megaanguish:

Gutted

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

My attendance record against them now stands at 6 games, 0 wins 0 draws and 6 losses

Or 7 games in the league now since our return 

2 draws and 5 losses 

Staggeringly pathetic 

Add that to the record we have against Hivs 

It's not hard to understand why many bears think we are not doing anywhere near enough to improve 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My attendance record against them now stands at 6 games, 0 wins 0 draws and 6 losses

No luck mate my last 2 games against them were the penalty shoot out win and the 0-0 at Parkhead the other month .. Rangers should provide me with comp tickets and turn this shite around :giggidy:

1 hour ago, Rusty117 said:

He would have been an ideal number 2 to someone. But that window is gone.

Mr King never had any intention of opening it this season, and was trying to keep it firmly closed for next season too. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

No luck mate my last 2 games against them were the penalty shoot out win and the 0-0 at Parkhead the other month .. Rangers should provide me with comp tickets and turn this shite around :giggidy:

Think you sorted me for one of the semi

losses .You missed out on that one 

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Or 7 games in the league now since our return 

2 draws and 5 losses 

Staggeringly pathetic 

Add that to the record we have against Hivs 

It's not hard to understand why many bears think we are not doing anywhere near enough to improve 

Add in the cup games, so no win in 9 since promotion.

And consider 4 Home defeats out of 4 against the ‘ethnics’ this season.

Absolutely pathetic reading.

All things considered the gap is clearly closing. I reckon we are 2 to 3 experienced players short. A really solid defensive midfielder. Someone who can consistently put a decent ball into the box and a striker who can compete in the air.

We didn't win that game because against 10 men we couldn't get decent balls into the box and if we could've done that, we don't have a striker who could compete against their central defenders in the air.

I was disappointed no one took the chance to shoot from outside the box when they were snuffing our attacking play out, but we put up a good show. First half we were right at it. Poor defending for their second goal let them back in it.

No Surrender.    

Just now, HG5 said:

Add in the cup games, so no win in 9 since promotion.

And consider 4 Home defeats out of 4 against the ‘ethnics’ this season.

Absolutely pathetic reading.

Wow forgotten about them 

I pen shoot out win and all the rest losses 

Horrific reading 

1 hour ago, ara said:

If Morelos had netted his 2 then everyone would be happy. If anyone thought our team were set up badly or played shite in the first half - APART FROM WHEN OUR CENTRAL DEFENCE WAS WEAKENED AFTER BATES GOT INJURED - they should stop claiming to know anything about football.

We has 3 main weaknesses after the Bates injury.

1. Central defence (which was at its weakest..we should shed Cardoso and Alves asap). 

2. Morelos is in the middle of a bad patch. Every striker that’s lived has had them - it doesn’t stop them being a decent striker..only lack of confidence does that. Blaming Morelos or the manager for selecting one of the best SPL goal scorers is total bollocks.

3. Our team panicked under pressure of the occasion after unexpectedly going a goal down - panicked in the some key situations etc.

I’m as emotional at the result as anyone but only because this game was within our grasp..frustrating as fuck. BUT.. if we’d netted those 2 we would have celebrated the Murty revolution big time. And I for one  respect the style of offensive, highly connected football he is attempting to develop. He stated before the game “we’re not there yet!”..and maybe we aren’t .. but the fact many of us have higher expectations means he’s surely part of a longer term solution, not the problem?

Surely the real problem has been the lack of managerial, team and financial stability in the last 5 years? For me this young team have showed that they can provide the foundation of a new style, forward- looking Rangers team, that are not just a bunch of disparate and highly paid mercenaries. We’ve seen that this model isn’t affordable long term in the SPL. 

Shouting for change when there is no clear better alternative is bollocks and reeks of the knee-jerk desperation this club has suffered from too much in recent years and needs to rid itself of.

So time to suck it back up and support our club and manager - and trust that they will recognise and address the 3 weaknesses above - the 2nd (Morelos) will need encouragement, not slagging, to get the usual goals flowing again. He was obviously desolate at both misses but worked his ass of as usual all game.

We have come a long way in a short time.. we aren’t too far and we must build on the style of play seen in the first half - and the obvious teamwork seen in most areas of the park..apart from the middle of our defence post Bates. Given the situation I reckon McCrorie could help us out in our hour of need here.

But let’s not throw the developing, possibly beautiful looking, baby out with the bath water!

WATP! 

Highlights will be on later.

’Only an Excuse’

Just now, carrickblue said:

All things considered the gap is clearly closing. I reckon we are 2 to 3 experienced players short. A really solid defensive midfielder. Someone who can consistently put a decent ball into the box and a striker who can compete in the air.

We didn't win that game because against 10 men we couldn't get decent balls into the box and if we could've done that, we don't have a striker who could compete against their central defenders in the air.

I was disappointed no one took the chance to shoot from outside the box when they were snuffing our attacking play out, but we put up a good show. First half we were right at it. Poor defending for their second goal let them back in it.

No Surrender.    

All this gap closing stuff could easily go the other way though 

They strengthen and we sell a few

What we need is better players very very quickly

And don't let the losers hang around to be losers again  

Archived