Daniel Candeias

Laudrup1984

7 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Doesn't get the limelight the way Windass, Murphy, Morelos ect get but take him out the side and he would be sorely missed.

All round very good player.

There's an article posted by a statistic website that basically outlined Candeias as the guy creating all the chances for Windass and Morelos.  

1.thumb.png.dfe780eedb4ab2f39b4db842b8f0d0a6.png

"Looking at Candeias’ pass map from open play this season above, it is no surprise to see most of his contributions have come from that right wing. From that wing, Candeias has found James Tavernier for 10 key passes, Alfredo Morelos 9 key passes, and Josh Windass for 9 key passes. Most would agree those three are Rangers most dangerous attacking threats, so the Portuguese winger finding them so often has certainly helped lead to his success this year. Furthermore, looking at where the average location for those players were when Candieas set them up for a shot, we see all of three of them located in the “Danger Zone”. This is the area in the 18 yard box in between the 6 yard box and these shots have been found to be the most likely to be scored. When Daniel Candieas is setting up the likes of Morelos and Windass, he is finding them in the most dangerous locations on the pitch where they can score goals."

https://thebackpassrule.com/2018/02/15/daniel-candeias-has-quietly-put-together-a-great-season/

17 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Doesn't get the limelight the way Windass, Murphy, Morelos ect get but take him out the side and he would be sorely missed.

All round very good player.

Windass gets absolutely hounded by a large section of our support. 

Morelos is apparently a dud.

Murphy is the only one I’d agree with getting more praise than Candeias. 

Not seen one negative post about him in this thread. Far from under rated.

Good move to extend his contract, I like his attitude, his workrate and tenacity are second to none, rarely leaves anything on the training ground or the pitch I am very happy for him and the club well done Rangers and Daniel

10 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Shame he's 30, I fear we're seeing the best of him this season. You don't see many wingers beyond 30 capable of putting in the shift he does.

yes true he must have unreal fitness levels some players can keep good form gong well into their thirties 

I like Candeias as a player and he certainly puts in a shift.  He has earned his contract extension.

Do think he kind of epitomises what we are currently good and bad at.  He is better against a team who is pushing out against us, has then space to use his pace and throw in an early cross for our forwards to run on to.  Not nearly so effective when a team is sitting in as he lacks the close control and trickery to create in that situation.

3 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Windass gets absolutely hounded by a large section of our support. 

Morelos is apparently a dud.

Murphy is the only one I’d agree with getting more praise than Candeias. 

Not seen one negative post about him in this thread. Far from under rated.

He’s overrated...

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s overrated...

2nd top goal scorer for us this season 1 goal behind alf, 3rd top in the league 2 goals of the top.  He certainly has his flaws but he is a decent player and deserves his place in the team.