Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

If this blows up in our faces like the McInnes PR disaster then the board are finished. There has got to have been discussions about his remit, ballpark salary and budgets to get it to this stage. That's like any one of us coming out of a job interview not knowing roughly what the job entails, what your performance targets are, and what you are roughly going to be paid. It just would not be possible to get this to this stage without all of the above having been discussed and agreed upon in principal.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If this blows up in our faces like the McInnes PR disaster then the board are finished. There has got to have been discussions about his remit, ballpark salary and budgets to get it to this stage. That's like any one of us coming out of a job interview not knowing roughly what the job entails, what your performance targets are, and what you are roughly going to be paid. It just would not be possible to get this to this stage without all of the above having been discussed and agreed upon in principal.

Mcinnes was picking the team for his first game and discussing training with Murty, that deal was done and then he shat it. I don’t see that happening with Gerrard but there are other ways we could fuck it up.

As it's DK's personal appointment he must be backing him with good money in the window. SG wouldn't come without a good budget either I don't think m. Reckon we will see some exciting signings coming in 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

im unconvinced it will work, but by god its a bold move.

There is no way Gerrard will have bought into this without assurances of new signings, and I don’t mean Arfield, Shagger and Murphy getting made permanent.

Fully expect Kevin McDonald to get linked again?

And I wonder if he’ll get a tune out of Rossiter?

I don’t believe that this guy has inside knowledge but the figures are plausible - and winning a few titles as Rangers manager before he moves on would be well worth the sums quoted.

Archived