Dave King Press Conference on Monday

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Only if we get decent return on players but I can't see many that are worth much. This Morelos pish of at least £10 million at new year was made up I reckon

A BBC journalist made up a story that benefits Rangers? :huh:

We have £9m extra income plus the increased season tickets, how would we need to sell players to spend upwards of £10m? 

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Guardian said:

It's been confirmed all over. 

People are losing their shit at the thought of more humiliation ending in even more when SG walks away greeting to the worlds press about how we diddle him. 

Exactly where in this press conference did king say the 6m was the transfer budget only.

There is too much hysteria and panic over this press conference today. 

King wasn't going to sit in front of the Scottish press and say what we were spending in the summer. It would be madness for any football club to do that. 

7 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Aye we will make up the other 20m we need from players sales, selling 1/2m St's, Warren Buffett sponsoring our shirts, the half time raffle and hosting Sydney Devines next comeback at Ibrox. 

With King's help the tims get next year's title and more CL millions but at least it should guarantee we get second. Mibbees. 

Don't really care about Gerrard coming now. It will only lead to more embarrassment later. 

They get £20m from st so Gerrard has a net up to £26m potentially but in reality you need all of that just to tread water. I'm scratching my head. Someone that loves the Club would raise £60m not 6m. If you're struggling Dave PM me as you're going to finish SGs career before its even started this way. I can't believe SG has agreed to this.

4 minutes ago, markem said:

King was unwilling to place a figure on the transfer budget that will be made available to Gerrard as the Liverpool legend looks to reshape the Light Blues squad.

He added: "We don't put figures on that because we can't.

Fuck sake - absolute hysteria of some. We would be fucking idiots to state how much we’ve got to spend.  Surely that’s obvious ?

By stating there is no investment a child could work out how much we have. 

Using that argument to defend that ratbag King is just plain daft. 

The dims will be overjoyed. King has declared there is nothing to fear from us as we are smint and only aiming for 2nd.

We will never get higher as long as this board continues. Do the sums, it isn't hard to see that. 

Just to prove a point they will likely go out and buy one player for more than Gerrard will get. 

6m quid plus a few extras and the 30 bob we will get for the shit we already have in the team does not a warchest make. 

I should know better than to buy into the idea things would improve under the lying king but I actually thought he would have to pull something out of the hat to back Gerrard. Instead it was just a pawn ticket. 

No wonder mini baled out. He could see what is going to happen now. 

Fuck this board. 

27 minutes ago, OhW said:

Who said we have a £6m transfer kitty?

People in here have took that press conference to be the full investment for the obvious new players required. That 6 million only covers about 20% of what’s required.

Just now, AM1872 said:

They get £20m from st so Gerrard has a net up to £26m potentially but in reality you need all of that just to tread water. I'm scratching my head. Someone that loves the Club would raise £60m not 6m. If you're struggling Dave PM me as you're going to finish SGs career before its even started this way. I can't believe SG has agreed to this.

Nonsense

I don't consider King a Rangers supporter but it's not that easy

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

The dims will be overjoyed. King has declared there is nothing to fear from us as we are smint and only aiming for 2nd.

We will never get higher as long as this board continues. Do the sums, it isn't hard to see that. 

Just to prove a point they will likely go out and buy one player for more than Gerrard will get. 

6m quid plus a few extras and the 30 bob we will get for the shit we already have in the team does not a warchest make. 

I should know better than to buy into the idea things would improve under the lying king but I actually thought he would have to pull something out of the hat to back Gerrard. Instead it was just a pawn ticket. 

Fuck this board. 

Go on, tell us.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Nonsense

I don't consider King a Rangers supporter but it's not that easy

yes it is that easy - I could raise £60m easy. He's trying to protect his shareholding and get the price up before raising a shed load but he's taking an almighty gamble this way. I think SG is mad

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

Fuck this board. 

No. It’s plain daft to conclude our transfer budget has been defined when it clearly hasn’t. How much clearer can he be:

He added: "We don't put figures on that because we can't.

Your entire point is based on speculation and assumptions. 

Do you honestly think Gerard has came on board having been told he has 6 million to spend. Fuck sake, calm down. 

5 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Fuck this board. 

You're fucking reeking!

Same as last time. 

1 minute ago, AM1872 said:

yes it is that easy - I could raise £60m easy. He's trying to protect his shareholding and get the price up before raising a shed load but he's taking an almighty gamble this way. I think SG is mad

You want to put a bid in for us then Billy big dinner 

Archived