Dave King Press Conference on Monday

32 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

More money, more savvy, more laughs, more expectations, just about more of everything.

30 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Getting desperate now.

that’s undeniable but the point i was making is that none of us know the real figures so there is little point stating otherwise.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

If King’s solution to our mounting debts, ongoing losses, and the funding of SG and his planned recruitment Plans is a planned £6 million share issue, which he will struggle to deliver immediately due to his current situation with the Takeover Pane... then no wonder Board members might be seriously looking at the viability of their personal positions- especially in light of their big talk of funding a Rangers Squad that could match celtic. It’s all been smoke and mirrors. The only significant  funding the Club receives is season ticket money from the Fan base who have had to watch their hard earned cash squandered year after year on successive failed managerial appointments.  We  need an immediate  cash injection into the business (rather than loans/ increased debt) of in excess of £25 million to have any chance of genuinely taking on celtic. 

That's like...uhhh... basically what he could end up with.

Why are people reading the £6 million as being the "War Chest" for next season? 

Am I missing something or are people just genuinely fucking stupid?

33 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

More money, more savvy, more laughs, more expectations, just about more of everything.

32 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Getting desperate now.

that’s undeniable but the point i was making is that none of us know the real figures so there is little point stating otherwise.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think Sweetheart would have been banned a long time ago if it said "Gender: Male" on her profile.

What for? I just have a different point of view than you do. We don't have much money and are relying on loans to keep the club running. I thought it would be a solution to stopping 8IAR then rebuild from there.

Who knows what's going on? Maybe there is substantial funds available and he's trying to ensure we get a good deal in the transfer market by not announcing the true funds we have? Or maybe he is just a conman I suppose we will wait and see 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

What for? I just have a different point of view than you do. We don't have much money and are relying on loans to keep the club running. I thought it would be a solution to stopping 8IAR then rebuild from there.

For being mentally unstable

We now sit exactly where we were after the last OF game. 

The only difference is SG. A big one I will admit. 

It seems SG alone has satisfied the fans and they are happy to go forward with little cash to spend. 

Some are calling it doom mongering but that wasn't the case before SG. Do we really believe he can make any difference without money? 

If so then Kings sleight of hand wins again. He's bought himself a few months. 

51 minutes ago, backup said:

free.jpg

A guy i know plays in a rock band, said they played a gig in a Uni bar a few years ago and the opening band was called "Free Beer", said the gig was mobbed until folk realised free beer was just the name of the band and it almost turned into a riot :lol:

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

We now sit exactly where we were after the last OF game. 

The only difference is SG. A big one I will admit. 

It seems SG alone has satisfied the fans and they are happy to go forward with little cash to spend. 

Some are calling it doom mongering but that wasn't the case before SG. Do we really believe he can make any difference without money? 

If so then Kings sleight of hand wins again. He's bought himself a few months. 

:lol: unreal mate

Do u believe he has come here with no assurance?

9 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Where is the 10m from St's coming from?  We are running at loss requiring loans to keep the doors open. 

At best we would have 6m.

I'm assuming £8m-£10m of ST money that comes in every summer will be used for transfers and player wages.  You're right tho, the club is operating at a loss and has been for some time.  Earlier on in the year the club took out a £3m loan from the bank and used Edmiston House and the Albion Car Park as leverage.

The club continues to fall in to debt and we don't have a sustainable business model in place.

7 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

That's like...uhhh... basically what he could end up with.

Why are people reading the £6 million as being the "War Chest" for next season? 

Am I missing something or are people just genuinely fucking stupid?

Don’t call anybody else ‘stupid’ until you can tell the difference between a cash injection & regular income, like season ticket money.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's not a differing point of view., you literally have no clue about football. You Google stuff that people are talking about and just cut & paste walls of information onto the page that you actually have no clue about. 

There are enough sad acts on here that see "female" and are extra nice to you though. Hence why I said if it said "Male" you would have been banned a while ago.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Be funny as fuck if guardian has shot his load early:thinking:be like that wondering how to backtrack

No danger of premature exclamation here ?

That's our lot. I sometimes wonder if anyone took any notice of our last figures. Some are expecting millions to appear as if by magic from those loss making accounts. Harry fucking Potter couldn't do that. 

Bizarrely after being let down by the non appearance of investment, some are now dreaming it is in hand or might appear later. 

Skint Rangers with Gerrard are better than skint Rangers without, but I don't expect the end result will change much. 

I can see no reason for optimism. 

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Celtic signed Dembele, Sinclair, Rogic and Griffiths for combined less than £5m; yet folk on here would talk as though it’s impossible to improve a team with £6m...

They also signed Ntcham for 4.5 million and if they decide to sign Edouard he’ll cost them a reported 7 million.

You can undoubtedly improve a squad with 6 million, but nowhere close to the level that we need improved to.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Don’t call anybody else ‘stupid’ until you can tell the difference between a cash injection & regular income, like season ticket money.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

wages and sundry wage were alone last year £17 million as per accounts.

Archived