England related thread

Just now, JentleJames said:

Ok in English you’re supposed to be really happy because your team of Harlem globetrotting superstars who can actually only score from set-pieces are about to win everything.

In Scotland where I’m from, I’m glad I won’t have to hear the most annoying song in the history of the planet sung 10 times a day ?

Aye, I'm in the East End, in England, right enough

4 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Ok in English you’re supposed to be really happy because your team of Harlem globetrotting superstars who can actually only score from set-pieces are about to win everything.

In Scotland where I’m from, I’m glad I won’t have to hear the most annoying song in the history of the planet sung 10 times a day ?

Yeah we have a Tartan Tranny on the forum. 

3 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

What song's that then? 

Doh a deer?

The fields of athenry?

The irish national anthem?

Flower of Scotland?

48 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Good showing, as a whole that tournament.

Love the breakout of bullshit you get from fellow Brits, or Scots as they prefer to brand themselves, slating the England team. Most of them are virgins who have never been alive to see Scotland make it to the World Cup finals.

England were never likely to win the thing. They had a good run of games which gave them a chance but they don’t quite have the players yet. Amazing to think that they have managed to get further than the so called golden generation, who were all stars at club level. Most of these guys were playing in the championship, league one and two four years ago, they’ve come along way. Fair play to them. Britain have a team worth backing.

Thank fuck they’re out. Sick of hearing about Geoff Hurst etc - they’re as bad as the fucking Lisbon Lions. They started with no Italians or Dutch to worry about, Germany were shite, they lay down to Belgium to get an easier ride and it nearly paid off. Would have been a travesty had they won it.

An average team got a few breaks but thankfully quality shut Shearer and Lineker et al up for good.

Bring on Rangers season and get this sideshow tae fuck.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Thank fuck they’re out. Sick of hearing about Geoff Hurst etc - they’re as bad as the fucking Lisbon Lions. They started with no Italians or Dutch to worry about, Germany were shite, they lay down to Belgium to get an easier ride and it nearly paid off. Would have been a travesty had they won it.

An average team got a few breaks but thankfully quality shut Shearer and Lineker et al up for good.

Bring on Rangers season and get this sideshow tae fuck.

Sure, let’s tell the UB to cut out reference to Barcelona 1972 while we are at it. Stakeholders of football team in remembering their greatest achievement shocker.

Also Italians didn’t make it due to being eliminated from qualifiers by Sweden, who England beat, and the Dutch are not a force anymore.

43 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Southgate getting a very easy ride yet some decisions he made warrant review. Young on, sterling starting, kane playing deeper, alli on yet doing nothing, long balls....its a decent list.

Sterling was causing all sorts of problems for their defence imo, like he has done all tournament.

He's went back to pre Guardiola days that he had at Man City though with his indecisiveness when through on goal. 

Do agree about Alli, Loftus Cheek should have started before him from the Tunisia game. 

There were questions over his fitness, so why was he on for 120 mins

6 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Sure, let’s tell the UB to cut out reference to Barcelona 1972 while we are at it. Stakeholders of football team in remembering their greatest achievement shocker.

Also Italians didn’t make it due to being eliminated from qualifiers by Sweden, who England beat, and the Dutch are not a force anymore.

Barcelona was MY team. England are not and never will be my team. Pathetic post

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

yet i kept on hearing in the studios "england are the better team" and I was thinking of the players you mention and saying to myself that I wouldn't have one England player ahead of them in my starting 11

England should have been more than 1 up at half time and the fact that they weren't gave those players a second chance to step up and take control which they did. The class of Croatia really told as soon as they went ahead because they never gave England a sniff.

The guys in the studio are obviously biased and gutted but surely that's understandable. Whisper it on here but Keane spoke sense!

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Barcelona was MY team. England are not and never will be my team. Pathetic post

Mate you’re getting pissy with fans of teams bringing up their big achievement. What difference does it make if it was your team? Their biggest achievement was winning the World Cup, it may irritate you, but it’s their Barcelona 1972 and rightly they will forever celebrate it until it is matched. It’s like telling Aberdeen to not talk about league titles in the 80s. I mean if they didn’t talk about that, then what the hell would they talk about. ?

19 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Sterling was causing all sorts of problems for their defence imo, like he has done all tournament.

He's went back to pre Guardiola days that he had at Man City though with his indecisiveness when through on goal. 

Do agree about Alli, Loftus Cheek should have started before him from the Tunisia game. 

There were questions over his fitness, so why was he on for 120 mins

did he though? did he really? punting the ball long and hoping the wee fast guy will get it first is primary school stuff