Where Will We Finish in the 2018/9 Season?

2018/9 Season  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/18 at 07:43

On 19/07/2018 at 14:14, Big Al II said:

Im more interested in starting to build a settled squad where we can add quality additions to supplement rather that completely rebuilding each year. 

When were in a position we can add two or three real quality additions each window the rest will take care of itself.

Been making that point for a while now - but the fans will be the same ifvwe finish a poor second - wanting yet another manager instead of allowing the time to grow 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Been making that point for a while now - but the fans will be the same ifvwe finish a poor second - wanting yet another manager instead of allowing the time to grow 

Looking at the poll results, I think there's a realisation that this season it's likely a step too far to think about winning the league.

But that doesn't mean we should tolerate results like previous seasons or a lack of progress in how the team is developing.

So I don't believe there will be a clamour for him to be sacked, even if we're a poor second. But I do if we are that position or worse and we show a consistent lack of cohesion in play, bottle it against the top end teams, he continues to play out of form or shite players, his tactics are dross etc.

He gets until next season minimum from me but he needs to show a level of capability too which I don't think is wrong at Rangers.

I think it will be a close run this season, im expecting us to win our first 5 games, sounds a bit nuts but i am, i think we will have a great start to the season, and i also reckon they will drop 3 points before playing us and put a fuck load of pressure on themselves.

Aint saying i see us winning it no problem, but I'm expecting a small gap between 1st and 2nd this season with either of us winning it in the last couple of games.

I can see us really getting in to gear by Christmas. Couple of additions in January and a strong finish to the season. 

I think the beasts will continue where they left off and we may just fall short.

The season after that we should be really looking to kick on. Only then can we can all realistically start dreaming/wanking/thinking about a title party at the end.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Looking at the poll results, I think there's a realisation that this season it's likely a step too far to think about winning the league.

But that doesn't mean we should tolerate results like previous seasons or a lack of progress in how the team is developing.

So I don't believe there will be a clamour for him to be sacked, even if we're a poor second. But I do if we are that position or worse and we show a consistent lack of cohesion in play, bottle it against the top end teams, he continues to play out of form or shite players, his tactics are dross etc.

He gets until next season minimum from me but he needs to show a level of capability too which I don't think is wrong at Rangers.

But a poor second is very likely to include all of your checkpoints above - the moment we lose a game players are identified as duds, themanager is shite etc etc - Some folk were calling him and the team duds after the first Europa Cup game!  I just hope he starts the league with 3 wins - for his sake as much as ours! 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

just hope he starts the league with 3 wins - for his sake as much as ours! 

It'll be a tough ask especially if our attackers continue to underperform in front of goal.

Depressing as it may be we might go into the first game against the taigs with only 3 or 4 points out of those first three games. I hope to fuck I'm wrong though.

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

But a poor second is very likely to include all of your checkpoints above - the moment we lose a game players are identified as duds, themanager is shite etc etc - Some folk were calling him and the team duds after the first Europa Cup game!  I just hope he starts the league with 3 wins - for his sake as much as ours! 

Who was calling him a dud? Some of the players are duds, if he believes in them and continues to play them whilst dropping points then he will be naive to the point of stupid.

And folk vent after dropped points. We'll see if there is a wider clamour for his removal if he manages to avoid the checkpoints mentioned. Which he needs to, as not to is poor management.

Don't agree with you often as you're normally wrong ? but I agree 3 wins would be very much welcomed.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who was calling him a dud? Some of the players are duds, if he believes in them and continues to play them whilst dropping points then he will be naive to the point of stupid.

And folk vent after dropped points. We'll see if there is a wider clamour for his removal if he manages to avoid the checkpoints mentioned. Which he needs to, as not to is poor management.

Don't agree with you often as you're normally wrong ? but I agree 3 wins would be very much welcomed.

... and I shall look forward to your season of supporting and backing the manager! :pipe: 

19 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

I think it will be a close run this season, im expecting us to win our first 5 games, sounds a bit nuts but i am, i think we will have a great start to the season, and i also reckon they will drop 3 points before playing us and put a fuck load of pressure on themselves.

Aint saying i see us winning it no problem, but I'm expecting a small gap between 1st and 2nd this season with either of us winning it in the last couple of games.

thats what i think will happen too for the first five games after that our lack of attacking options will start showing as the 1-0 and 2-0 wins start drying up and become draws etc. we need a 3-4 million striker pronto to sort this

19 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

I hope you are right mate , currently at best I see us dropping points at home to hibs and I think they will put 3 past us at the piggery in the opening games , really need a couple extra quality jistbto challenge a little.