Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

... based on that I suppose you no longer watch the BBC - or read their news?  :pipe: 

The club haven't banned the BBC (or any media outlet for that matter) They have banned one individual which has led to the BBC refusing to officially send anyone to Ibrox or Auchenhowie.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Huh?

How about just encouraging people to not buy it.

Advocating the banning of any publication is something that marks you as an enemy of open society. A bit strange considering you walk about the forum pretendending you’re enlightened.

Then again you cheerlead for the SNP so i’m not entirely surprised.

The Nats are book burners so don't be surprised 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Huh?

How about just encouraging people to not buy it.

Advocating the banning of any publication is something that marks you as an enemy of open society. A bit strange considering you walk about the forum pretendending you’re enlightened.

Then again you cheerlead for the SNP so i’m not entirely surprised.

Just what I am trying to do - but you know that. 

Please - Don't buy the sun, don't link to the sun, and don't quote the sun! Is that better?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The club haven't banned the BBC (or any media outlet for that matter) They have banned one individual which has led to the BBC refusing to officially send anyone to Ibrox or Auchenhowie.

Pedant! :pipe: 

It achieves the same purpose. But why do folk defend the sun with such vigour - is a strange one for me.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

I’m fairly certain its a 3-0 win awarded to us. Not any real disadvantage I can think of bar ticket sales

Can't be right. Stops us having the opportunity to win by more than 3

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Still keen to know what a non Riddian is tbf

I’m sure they attacked the Enterprise in Star Trek TNG. There was meant to be a battle at Wolf 359 but the Riddians couldn’t get visas so Starfleet were awarded a 3-0 win

:pipe:

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Pedant! :pipe: 

It achieves the same purpose. But why do folk defend the sun with such vigour - is a strange one for me.

You say pedant like it's a bad thing. Small details tend to matter. Withdrawing an individuals media access doesn't have the same purpose as outright banning an entire media outlet. If McLaughlin wants to attend Ibrox he can pay his way in (like some of his colleagues do).

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You say pedant like it's a bad thing. Small details tend to matter. Withdrawing an individuals media access doesn't have the same purpose as outright banning an entire media outlet. If McLaughlin wants to attend Ibrox he can pay his way in (like some of his colleagues do).

Technically Gollum isn’t actually banned either. His press privileges have been revoked but his cash at the turnstiles would be accepted so it is inaccurate to say even that baldy turd has been banned. Having asked the BBC to provide a non-bigot, they were unwilling and promptly banned themselves. Just saying...

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Technically Gollum isn’t actually banned either. His press privileges have been revoked but his cash at the turnstiles would be accepted so it is inaccurate to say even that baldy turd has been banned. Having asked the BBC to provide a non-bigot, they were unwilling and promptly banned themselves. Just saying...

In the context of in his role as a journalist, he's banned. As I said in the post you quoted, if he wants to pay his way in the he is able to.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In the context of in his role as a journalist, he's banned. As I said in the post you quoted, if he wants to pay his way in the he is able to.

I would challenge your description of him as a “journalist” to be honest but, fundamentally, we agree. The reason he is unable to ply his trade covering events at Ibrox is his own inability to remain objective and stick to the facts he is supposed to be reporting.

He is to journalism what Neil Lennon is to dental hygiene.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

I would challenge your description of him as a “journalist” to be honest but, fundamentally, we agree. The reason he is unable to ply his trade covering events at Ibrox is his own inability to remain objective and stick to the facts he is supposed to be reporting.

He is to journalism what Neil Lennon is to dental hygiene.

He is a journalist, regardless of whether or not what he writes is bollocks. If he wasn't he wouldn't have had the access he did at Ibrox.

We should be beating this side regardless, make no mistake about that. 

For the 2018–19 season, group stage participation in the Europa League awarded a base fee of €2.920,000. A victory in the group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000. Also, each group winner earns €1,000,000 and each runner-up €500,000.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He is a journalist, regardless of whether or not what he writes is bollocks. If he wasn't he wouldn't have had the access he did at Ibrox.

Aye, and I can call myself a “Sex Machine” but my wife will still need more convincing than that

Just now, keithgersbear said:

We should be beating this side regardless, make no mistake about that. 

For the 2018–19 season, group stage participation in the Europa League awarded a base fee of €2.920,000. A victory in the group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000. Also, each group winner earns €1,000,000 and each runner-up €500,000.

We should and we will - a long time since I’ve felt so confident about us but there it is, I’ve said it 

4/5 is a cracking price!!

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Aye, and I can call myself a “Sex Machine” but my wife will still need more convincing than that

It's his employers and job description that would call him it, not just him deciding one day that he's a journalist.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's his employers and job description that would call him it, not just him deciding one day that he's a journalist.

Well given they hand out NUJ membership to anyone of a dewy-eyed, romantic, craic, terrorist loving persuasion, it's nothing to crow about.

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

Well given they hand out NUJ membership to anyone of a dewy-eyed, romantic, craic, terrorist loving persuasion, it's nothing to crow about.

NUJ is nothing more than a trade union. An NUJ membership means nothing except you are part of the union.

Is the game on Thursday going to be shown live ? If so what channel?

I will be at the game, if the Visa thing is sorted. Just friends wanting to know.

I didn't see anything on BT sports.

Scrap that. Just saw BT premier sports. 

Archived