Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

7 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Their fault for not getting the apps in, in time. Not ours, not our governments (Not as if the changes were made in July or Aug)

However the tie should be reversed because...Sporting integrity... Would be surprised if that little cunt of a phrase doesn't rear its head again (Obviously excluding me bringing it up).  Someone will come out and say that its only fair that we try and accommodate this administrative error from a new club playing in European competition, as it wasn't really their fault.

Happily take a bye, we must be fucking due at least one.

Its logistically impossible for the ties to be reversed. Firstly, we'd have two days to apply for and receive Russian visas which isnt going to happen. Secondly, the filth are at home for their 2nd leg the following Thursday. Police Scotland would never allow to European home games to be played on same night, not a chance. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, left winger said:

Not disputing any of that, but I would imagine there’s an appeal process. It would be logical for them to appeal, then who knows what might happen? There’s still a month till the first group matches and UEFA have made some strange decisions in the past.

On what grounds??

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

On what grounds??

I don't know. I haven't been in contact with UFA this morning. Some random person quoting a UEFA rule on an internet forum doesn't mean they know what's going to happen. None of us do, but we have all seen some bizarre decisions coming from UEFA.

21 minutes ago, left winger said:

I don't know. I haven't been in contact with UFA this morning. Some random person quoting a UEFA rule on an internet forum doesn't mean they know what's going to happen. None of us do, but we have all seen some bizarre decisions coming from UEFA.

So the rules are just a vague idea of what can happen. 

Got some Novichok on you at all? Let's have a wee search just in case, go to that booth, there is a papist priest waiting for you.

Russia isn't in Europe, tell them to get to fuck, no visa for you commie if you haven't applied on time. Fuck sake took me a week to get an emergency passport from Malta when I lost my passport so why should they be fast tracked?

17 minutes ago, left winger said:

That your opinion? Haven't seen that opinion anywhere else.

It’s the opinion of the UEFA rule book in very great detail exactly what happens if a club fails to turn up for a tie. 

As this shambles is all of their own doing, I doubt very much any appeal would do much good. 

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s the opinion of the UEFA rule book in very great detail exactly what happens if a club fails to turn up for a tie. 

As this shambles is all of their own doing, I doubt very much any appeal would do much good. 

‘So the rules are just a vague idea of what can happen’.

Thats what you posted - not me. I asked if that was your opinion, because it isn’t mine and I haven’t seen that posted anywhere else.

My opinion is that they would probably appeal if they got disqualified. I haven’t said that I thought they would be successful, but if it came to it, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were successful.

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

You’ve missed my point. I’m not disputing any rules. 

That's the sole mechanism UEFA have to deal with this should Ufa forfeit. There's no method of appeal for them if they fail to fulfil a fixture through their own failures. If they aren't at Ibrox on Thursday night it's in black and white what happens.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's the sole mechanism UEFA have to deal with this should Ufa forfeit. There's no method of appeal for them if they fail to fulfil a fixture through their own failures. If they aren't at Ibrox on Thursday night it's in black and white what happens.

‘No method of appeal..... through their own failures’. If they said it was the fault of the UK governernment, for example, would they not be able to appeal on those grounds. Or is there no appeal process, at all?

Just now, left winger said:

‘No method of appeal..... through their own failures’. If they said it was the fault of the UK governernment, for example, would they not be able to appeal on those grounds. Or is there no appeal process, at all?

It's not the fault of the UK gov though. They have left it until the last minute to make their application despite the timescales involved. Clubs are also deemed as responsible by UEFA for ensuring their travel arrangements (including necessary visas to secure entry to a country). Waiting until 48 hours before they are due to travel to apply for a visa which normally takes five days to process isn't the fault of the UK gov.

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

‘So the rules are just a vague idea of what can happen’.

Thats what you posted - not me. I asked if that was your opinion, because it isn’t mine and I haven’t seen that posted anywhere else.

My opinion is that they would probably appeal if they got disqualified. I haven’t said that I thought they would be successful, but if it came to it, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were successful.

Well your the one telling us that the post of the rule book by some random poster means nothing. 

So you must think the rule book is just some vague idea of what UEFA might do. 

Archived