Beaton calls in the police

The New Era

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maxwell, Chief Executive of the Scottish FA said:

“It is with deep dismay, that in the last 24 hours, we learned of one of our match officials having had threats made against him and his family. by celtic fans 

“We are in close contact with those involved and with Police Scotland to ensure that they are safe and that those responsible are identified and held accountable for their actions.

“This is not the first time in recent weeks that our match officials have been targeted. Another referee was allegedly threatened and assaulted at a lower-league game prior to Christmas. These incidents are isolated but are they are unacceptable and extremely concerning when they occur.

“Our match officials make hundreds of decisions each game. They take huge pride in their work but it is inevitable and accepted that some of their decisions will be viewed differently and debated by others. When differences of opinion however manifest as threats to our officials or their families, a line has been crossed.

“Match officials are a vital part of the game and they work exceptionally hard to maintain high standards. We all have a responsibility to support our match officials and, as previously stated, we will shortly be engaging with stakeholders to allow them to discuss issues, air concerns and propose improvements to this area of our game.

“As we look forward to 2019, I call on everyone involved in Scottish football, from the public parks to the international stage, to respect our match officials.”

I edited it :lol:

Look forward to hearing what charges are brought against sellick. It's undeniable that their original ill-judged statement emboldened their moron factions threatening a match official and his family. As we were charged after the Collum affair I look forward to the full weight of the SFA backing their man against the aggressors.

Won't hold my breath. 

Feel sorry for Beaton. Thought he reffereed what can be a difficult fixture really well.

Didn't get everything right but they rarely do, shouldn't be getting intimidated for doing his job.

Don't entirely disagree with the tarrier statement though, think it would defuse situations is the ref spoke after the game.

"Yes I saw Morellos kick Brown in the balls however I didn't feel it was intentional and I thought I'd let the situation play out."

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Feel sorry for Beaton. Thought he reffereed what can be a difficult fixture really well.

Didn't get everything right but they rarely do, shouldn't be getting intimidated for doing his job.

Don't entirely disagree with the tarrier statement though, think it would defuse situations is the ref spoke after the game.

"Yes I saw Morellos kick Brown in the balls however I didn't feel it was intentional and I thought I'd let the situation play out."

If it had been the other way round we’d be raging too.

But I hope we wouldn’t be as low as to physically threaten the man and his family, that’s the story not the bad refereeing.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If it had been the other way round we’d be raging too.

But I hope we wouldn’t be as low as to physically threaten the man and his family, that’s the story not the bad refereeing.

Sounds like the kind of thing Dan Deacon would do tbh.

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Well that will be more or less what he said to the panel. 

Which sent the scum into meltdown, so I doubt letting them speak would make any difference. 

3 hours ago, OhW said:

Bp9 is the troll.

Naw, the trolls in the OT like trolling in here too and are allowed to get away with it. I've been trolled by most of them, it can be fun and a bit challenging at first, but the predictability and constant inanity and lack of new or even decent "patter" wears you down, their intention.

I don't often agree with Bp9 but he has a right to his opinions on the team he supports, especially in the Bear's Den. 

A question. Have you ever felt trolled by him  on a personal basis ?

Probably not.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Every thread he joins goes the same way. Deflects from the purpose of the thread every time. As was pointed out to me, he’s best ignored.

I tried to tell you this ages ago, you clearly don't listen to my wisdom, god knows why not...

Archived