Gerrard (suggested) to play v Helsinki

6 hours ago, Bluenose-11 said:

The only embarsssment would be he’d show up the chancers we still have on our books in the same position.

Pena Holt Docherty to name three.

Nothing wrong with Holt or Docherty

Clearly they aren't ever going to be anywhere near the standard Gerrard was but only a complete lunatic would ever expect that to be the case 

If Gerrard was still capable of playing then he would be. He's finished as a player and a few video clips of him hitting dead balls with the F2 on YouTube or playing the odd long range pass in a training session with us won't change that.

Ridiculous suggestion.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You think so? I reckon it'll be the first-team players who don't play on Friday.

If you don’t play in the first team you’re a reserve are you not? Seeing as there’s no actual reserves anymore.

Will be a mix but Kelly and Dallas will definitely get minutes. 

7 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

If you don’t play in the first team you’re a reserve are you not? Seeing as there’s no actual reserves anymore.

Will be a mix but Kelly and Dallas will definitely get minutes. 

There are actual reserves though. That's the team that Kelly and Dallas play for every week.

We have a pretty large first team squad and it's not that much of a stretch to get two teams out of them without needing to use (m)any youngsters.

McGregor - Foderingham

Tavernier - Flanagan

Goldson - McAuley

Worrall - Katic

Halliday - Wallace

Jack - McCrorie

Arfield - Coulibaly

Davis - Rossiter

Candeias - Middleton

Kent - Lafferty

Morelos - Defoe

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There are actual reserves though. That's the team that Kelly and Dallas play for every week.

We have a pretty large first team squad and it's not that much of a stretch to get two teams out of them without needing to use (m)any youngsters.

McGregor - Foderingham

Tavernier - Flanagan

Goldson - McAuley

Worrall - Katic

Halliday - Wallace

Jack - McCrorie

Arfield - Coulibaly

Davis - Rossiter

Candeias - Middleton

Kent - Lafferty

Morelos - Defoe

There’s no official reserve team or league. We’ve got a development squad.

Yeah you’re right I’m not arguing we can’t get 2 teams out but there’s a league game on the Wednesday too. Not going to risk too many first teamers.

5/6 youngsters will get game time against Helsinki 

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

There’s no official reserve team or league. We’ve got a development squad.

Yeah you’re right I’m not arguing we can’t get 2 teams out but there’s a league game on the Wednesday too. Not going to risk too many first teamers.

5/6 youngsters will get game time against Helsinki 

No, there's an actual reserve team who play in the SPFL Reserve League. We're currently two points clear at the top of it.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, there's an actual reserve team who play in the SPFL Reserve League. We're currently two points clear at the top of it.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table

Well my original point still stands as will be a mix of non first team starters and younger squad players like Dallas and Kelly 

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

Imagine one of the best players of his generation being better than a 28-year-old alcoholic or a kid just making his way in the game. Although, tbf, you must not have seen much of Gerrard playing for LA Galaxy. He was fucking woeful and wouldn't have looked out of place in our team in recent seasons.

Yup. You’ve made my exact point. Even retired for 3 years and well past his best he will be better than the aforementioned. Whole point was the standard of shite we have been subject to still won’t be able to lace Gerrards boots. Thankfully we are in the process of ridding the useless wasters 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Yup. You’ve made my exact point. Even retired for 3 years and well past his best he will be better than the aforementioned. Whole point was the standard of shite we have been subject to still won’t be able to lace Gerrards boots. Thankfully we are in the process of ridding the useless wasters 👍🏼

As I said, had you watched him blowing out his arse for LA you'd quickly have changed your mind and called him an overpaid waster.

Do you think one of  the finest players of his generation would've come and played in the second-tier of Scottish football?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

As I said, had you watched him blowing out his arse for LA you'd quickly have changed your mind and called him an overpaid waster.

Do you think one of  the finest players of his generation would've come and played in the second-tier of Scottish football?

No. Docherty and Pena were signed when we were in the Premier league also, incase you didn’t know 👍🏼

On 16/01/2019 at 10:35, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh so we knew the weather was going to be bad at Cowdenbeath when we arranged the Helsinki game, that’s some crystal ball we have. 

You could also argue that a bounce game against Helsinki is pointless for match sharpness. 

It is indeed. Game's off.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Probably - although that's something which should have been communicated to fans.

Agreed, I looked all day to see if there was an inspection and couldn’t find anything. 

Weather is only to get colder right up to the 30th so not a given that date will make it either. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed, I looked all day to see if there was an inspection and couldn’t find anything. 

Weather is only to get colder right up to the 30th so not a given that date will make it either. 

There's something in the back of my mind that a local referee is supposed to go at the earliest opportunity if there is any concerns and make an early call before allowing the match ref to make the final decision. Seemingly cowden are "furious"