***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

G.E.C.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Oh another one. That old chesnut.

And Klopp's a wak tay, aye?

How's things on Pluto?

:mutley:

Really couldn't give a fuck about Klopp so not even going to start on that.

But according to you everything is alright this season then aye? Happy with the signings we've made? Happy with the position we're in going into next season now this 1 is effectively a write off?

The board have played an absolute blinder in signing Gerrard because people like you are so far up his arse due to who he was as a player that you can't/won't hear a bad word said against him. 

Let's give the rookie manager another massive budget in the summer and see what we're left with come August 👍

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League over, but this team would pump Murty’s, Pedro’s or Warburton’s.

There has undoubtably been improvement, European run, OF win, good results away at sheep and hearts, defence is tighter and only ever lost a game by 1 goal. 

The sad reality is that the filth have an established squad, spend 2 or 3 times what we do, and have the media and system behind them. 

I’m backing Gerrard. Would be mental to bin him at this stage. Review again in the following summer after another 2 windows. 

Edit: we lack creativity, and I’m sure that is where we’ll focus in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There has undoubtably been improvement, European run, OF win, good results away at sheep and hearts, defence is tighter and only ever lost a game by 1 goal. 

The sad reality is that the filth have an established squad, spend 2 or 3 times what we do, and have the media and system behind them. 

I’m backing Gerrard. Would be mental to bin him at this stage. Review again in the following summer after another 2 windows. 

Agree for the most part but he's to blame for the lack of creativity.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

As for this

If you can't accept that the reason the taigs are doing well is because of their manager then you need to take the blue tinted specs off. 

The squad the taigs have is pish with the exception of few quality players, he just gets the best out of them. 

Emm, that pish squad are on the way to 8 in a row, even with Delia part of it. That pish squad have only recently won two back to back trebles in a row and on course for a third. They are on a wage bill of 60 mil, more than three times ours. They do have more quality outfield players than us and their average players are better than ours. We have one qualty player outfield in Morelos. They do have a captain who is an animal, but he does lead them, whilst we have a mouse who can't defend. They have a propensity to cheat and win at all costs, with considerable help from officials. They have that winning mentality.

Over to us. In the same period we have climbed up from the bottom league. Been raped and pillaged by all comers along the way. Standing with one quality keeper and one quality strilker. The rest of mediocrity made up of loan signings, a couple Scottish players no better than the also rans in other teams and a couple of youth with potential. Led by a mouse on the field and a rookie just in the door off it.

Now the scum are no great shakes, but are settled, overall better quality players, champions, flush with cash and the continuity of a manager in his third season.

Not fucking hard to work out where we will sit at the end of the season. Whilst the heart screams we can take this title, the head says the opposite.

Only when we get in more quality, will we be in a position to take that title, no matter if Pep G was the gaffer right now.

We are all disappointed and gutted at the StJ performance, but we also need to get real.

We’ll win stuff with Gerrard, of that I have no doubt. 

We need something from the players on Wednesday big style. 

Couldn’t care less how many midfielders are out, Davis should be nowhere near that team, nowhere near. 

Him against Power and Dicker will be a fucking embarrassment, jumping out of tackles, not looking for the ball etc. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, that pish squad are on the way to 8 in a row, even with Delia part of it. That pish squad have only recently won two back to back trebles in a row and on course for a third. They are on a wage bill of 60 mil, more than three times ours. They do have more quality outfield players than us and their average players are better than ours. We have one qualty player outfield in Morelos. They do have a captain who is an animal, but he does lead them, whilst we have a mouse who can't defend. They have a propensity to cheat and win at all costs, with considerable help from officials. They have that winning mentality.

Over to us. In the same period we have climbed up from the bottom league. Been raped and pillaged by all comers along the way. Standing with one quality keeper and one quality strilker. The rest of mediocrity made up of loan signings, a couple Scottish players no better than the also rans in other teams and a couple of youth with potential. Led by a mouse on the field and a rookie just in the door off it.

Now the scum are no great shakes, but are settled, overall better quality players, champions, flush with cash and the continuity of a manager in his third season.

Not fucking hard to work out where we will sit at the end of the season. Whilst the heart screams we can take this title, the head says the opposite.

Only when we get in more quality, will we be in a position to take that title, no matter if Pep G was the gaffer right now.

We are all disappointed and gutted at the StJ performance, but we also need to get real.

They haven't exactly blew the fucking bank out on signings considering what they have brought in money wise. They spent big money on Edouard (the money they got for Dembele basically) but they're largely the same team that Delia was in charge of and the reason they are so settled at the moment is that that they have a manager who can win matches & who can get the best out of his players, that's what we're sorely lacking.

Can say what you want about the taigs and how far they are ahead with budgets but the simple fact is that we struggle to beat the rest of the shite in the SPFL on a weekly basis, teams who we are spending x10 more than on wages/fees.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

They haven't exactly blew the fucking bank out on signings considering what they have brought in money wise. They spent big money on Edouard (the money they got for Dembele basically) but they're largely the same team that Delia was in charge of and the reason they are so settled at the moment is that that they have a manager who can win matches & who can get the best out of his players, that's what we're sorely lacking.

Can say what you want about the taigs and how far they are ahead with budgets but the simple fact is that we struggle to beat the rest of the shite in the SPFL on a weekly basis, teams who we are spending x10 more than on wages/fees.

With mediocrity comes inconsistenty and that squad neither have the ability or mentality to win a title. Our shite is no bettr than the shite of the rest of the also rans. Outwith McGregor, Morelos and possibly Kent, we are on a par with the rest. 

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Sinclair and Ncham both cost £4m. Simonovic cost £5m and Brown cost £4.5m albeit more than a decade ago. That is a lot to try and compete against.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

With mediocrity comes inconsistenty and that squad neither have the ability or mentality to win a title. Our shite is no bettr than the shite of the rest of the also rans. Outwith McGregor, Morelos and possibly Kent, we are on a par with the rest. 

Well if that's the case then we're massively overpaying the majority of our squad then and the 15 or so players Gerrard has signed have been a waste of money.  

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Sinclair and Ncham both cost £4m. Simonovic cost £5m and Brown cost £4.5m albeit more than a decade ago. That is a lot to try and compete against.

They have spent some money and are obviously financially ahead of us which is a difficult gap to bridge 

But in contrast to what they've brought in through European Runs/Selling players, they've not spent anything like they could have, simply because they haven't needed to.

Us spending 10 million in the summer was big for us and had to be spent wisely. 4 big signings, Barisic, Grezda, Goldson & Katic...as it stands just now I wouldn't be surprised if 3 of them went in the summer.

48 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The amount of shite being posted in the match thread about how we've made no progress since last season was ridiculous, some people just seem desperate to be proven right about what they said about Gerrard when he was appointed, it's utterly pathetic :lol:

I am hoping for a reaction from the players in this game after the capitulation on Sat. What the team will be I have no idea or really care, I just want the players to show they want to win the game and also the cup in the end, no excuses just win the fucking game.

Sacking S G is silly at the moment and he has to be given this season and next, but he has to also stop making signings like Davis, who has not played regularilly for the past two years and has already shown how shite he is. Defoe might score a few goals for us but I am not convinced he is value for money either.

At the end of the day whoever is manager we need much bigger investment to topple the cunts form the east, it is up to King and his board to find that money from somewhere. 

I realise that I am just as angry today as I was when I left Ibrox on Sat, get your fingers out and do what is needed for the fans who have backed the Club the last few years and with a waiting list for season tickets for next season 10,000 +. The incompetence in signing managers has cost us £Ms over the last few years and coming back to bite us now. :headwall:

21 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The budget thing is something that is used to beat us over the head with often but it is a bit of red herring due to the old firm inflation for want of a better word. Players that come from other SPL clubs to us or them are probably earning 3-5 times more than they did at their previous club. The evidence was there with the likes of Hendry's payslip and what has been suggested for other players salaries in the past. Sure some of them may go on to develop but some like Hendry, Lafferty are just picking up a really good wedge for their mediocre talent. We are also forced to fit other players into the wage structure that may have not been as well paid compared to where they came from.

Until we spent some money either on a permanent or on  loan on a few genuine quality players we will continue to sometimes struggle to break down teams. Probably only Kilmarnock are punching above their weight with regards to wage structures with the rest there due to the amount they pay.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

But Liverpool aren’t a game from being top of the Premiership because they gave Klopp time. They are where they are they because they spend a world record fee on a defender and a then world record fee on a goalkeeper. They invested at a level that allowed them to go up a level.

On occasions you get expections - Leicester being the prime example - but generally speaking cash is king in football so until we spend at a level that matches celtic then we will always be playing catch up to them unless all the planets align and we get a massive slice of luck.

Chelsea, Man City and Man United have not spent record amounts? Klopp identified what he needed and got the men he wanted, don't see a problem with that. TAA and Robertson didn't cost world record amounts.

6 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Even back then I was struggling, easy to say in hindsight and wouldn't have been popular but I'd have much rather we went for somebody boring like Pardew, Davies etc. They weren't going to set the house on fire but a rookie at that point in time wasn't what we needed. 

I don't necessarily want Gerrard binned and I would love to see him be a success here but there's major red flags right now. I get the point about them spending that on Edouard but our main striker has been better than him this season and the rest of their signings have been pish in the last few years. 

The main difference between us and them isn't money, it's the fact they have a proper manager in place, something that we haven't had for a long time.

Billy Davis ffs 

Any cunt that would rather see that wee deviant in our dugout instead of SG is away in the head, absolutely raving fucking mad. 

The same Billy Davis who touched cocks with Tommy Sheridan, allegedly. 🤢

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Billy Davis ffs 

Any cunt that would rather see that wee deviant in our dugout instead of SG is away in the head, absolutely raving fucking mad. 

The same Billy Davis who touched cocks with Tommy Sheridan, allegedly. 🤢

I look at things from a football side of things fs

From that side, I'd have much rather somebody with past experience rather than another nobody, in management terms 

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I look at things from a football side of things fs

From that side, I'd have much rather somebody with past experience rather than another nobody, in management terms 

Billy Davis is a nobody mate

His best days are well behind him. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Davis is a nobody mate

His best days are well behind him. 

Agreed with both of those mate 

But tbh, I'd still have rathered him than a Gerrard.

Take their names out the picture, would you rather a manager with no experience or a manager with alot of experience that many think is over the hill. 

Gerrard might turn out brilliant (signs aren't great) but at the end of the day he was a daft risk for a club that needed stability, we aren't going to get that by backing a manager who's going to come under huge pressure in the next few months.

Archived