***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Everyone who’s complaining about the lack of subs: what changes did you want made? Thought the bench was pretty poor today. Not really very many options, we’re really missing wide options with Murphy and Grezda injured. You could argue Defoe or Lafferty could come on but who comes off? Morelos? And if not, who? And what formation do we play then? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Thought he was shite, too, mate, but Barisic’s block means we are still in it.

His only redeeming feature.

Only worry is, they’re on a really good away streak, so the replay may not be the formality many imagine.

That is very true mate . We can not take anything for granted . It will still be the same ref too .mmm

25 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Surprised no one's mentioned Tav's poor positional play in the lead up to the penalty. He makes a run forward when Candieas doesn't have secure possession and is surrounded by 2 or 3 players.

Tav our captain, has poor defensive positional play just about every week, but ssshhhh don't dare mention it or his throw ins.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I agree he was poor today but no way he should be dropped based on one game. The Hibs match thread already has him out of the team by some.

I would drop him mate . I think Mccrorie is ideal for the Hivs game . He was immense in the last one there mind

10 minutes ago, barkie said:

I know even older bears who will sit in their kitchen drinking during old firm games no tv radio etc 😀

I can understand that. Funnily enough I am a ST holder and never leave a game early. Doesn't seem to be the same when I am physically there. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

That is very true mate . We can not take anything for granted . It will still be the same ref too .mmm

Mmmmm indeed!

Another pisser is it won’t be on tv because of the Champions League nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Don54 said:

That cheating cunt Clancy should look this up

Capture.thumb.JPG.40843b5960d8f7a0580029e17203637fb.JPG.7b797f696f358c301ac0d77dccdb6160.JPG

It will be a miracle of all miracles if we were allowed to win anything in the way of trophies this season .

I personally think after today . There is zero chance of us winning a cup

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I would drop him mate . I think Mccrorie is ideal for the Hivs game . He was immense in the last one there mind

I'm not against having McCrorie in the team but Gerrard has said numerous times that Jack is one he can trust. Pretty sure he will start if fit.

6 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

He was fucking dreadful though, did not look like his head was in the game one bit. I think we should be allowed to criticize him when he's awful and praise him when he's great.

Along with quite a few others!

Their demeanour, a general lack of urgency all round from the off.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That & games like today are where Ross comes into his own.

Allowed ourselves to be bullied for far too long today.

5 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Hope your right mate, they score early at Ibrox and sit in, we'll huff and puff and struggle like fuck. 

The start is important start the correct way mentally and they simply can't win

We didn't turn up today and still go out of there with a replay

True mate and I'm skint . Another 25 bucks out the bank account .

Dead on!

Hoping to juggle work schedule so I can get there, rather than coughing up the cash for nothing!

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Thought he was shite, too, mate, but Barisic’s block means we are still in it.

His only redeeming feature.

Only worry is, they’re on a really good away streak, so the replay may not be the formality many imagine.

I'm still not convinced by Barisic particularly in these type of games. Thought he was pish again today. As were most of the team. It will be another tough battle at Ibrox and we really need to be fuckin up for it this time

Spot on . How SG doesn't see that astonishes me

Just look at the OF win

Yup - he can slow us down when we’re looking to batter the lesser lights, but he can slow the opposition down too, when they’re trying to get at us!

Horses for courses.....

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

How many times do we need to be inconsistent and not show up before people stop making these type of posts?

They beat us at home already this season, don't forget.

We were going to pump them in SF, at home, today, same with Hibs, ST Johnstone etc. We have no define right to claim Aberdeen have no chance as we have struggled against them all season bar the 1-1 when we got robbed.

Aberdeen have no chance at Ibrox.

Struggled v them we just hammered them 4-2 a month ago. 

There only chance of making the semi's was today

Very impressed by Kamara's quickness over 5 yards to get himself in between ball and man.

Other than that, that was a terrible watch.

Aberdeen's 'style' is fucking woeful and some of the fouls they got away with today was stunningly bad refereeing although now sadly becoming the norm.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Spot on . How SG doesn't see that astonishes me

Just look at the OF win

Get what your saying. Three subs early doors in the second half would have done me today. I had the same problem with Walter. Used to boil my piss, but managers just don't appear to see it the same way as the punters. I really don't know what it is.

2 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm still not convinced by Barisic particularly in these type of games. Thought he was pish again today. As were most of the team. It will be another tough battle at Ibrox and we really need to be fuckin up for it this time

No, he’s not convincing me, either!

Not sure if he got the nod as Halliday maybe isn’t 100%, or my lad made a good point that he gives us a bit more height at the back.

Needs to be much much better from him & the rest in the replay.

Archived