At what point does gerrard become sackable

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ivybank said:

Arfield and mcgregor weren't his signings ,they were already signed just before he came, goldson has cost us a few goals and barasic is a shitebag

If Arfield and McGregor were shite they'd be Gerrards signings and you know it. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 debate won, time for your bed, sleep tight wee man if you need the light on don’t be afraid to ask. 

Debate won? I’ve literally proved you wrong in the debate, stop acting dumb please.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Shat it

Dinny.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Goldson, McGregor, Barisic and Arfield are all upgrades on the players we had  before them and have clearly improved us. 

Mark Allen had all but signed McGregor and Arfield prior to Gerrard being appointed.  I don’t think Gerrard had much input on those.

When we signed Katic Allen said it was evidence of our scouting network working.  I’m assuming we had scouts in Croatia and that’s why we picked up a few players from there.

What I would also say about the players you’ve mentioned (McGregor, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Arfield) is that they all started the season well but seem to have gone backwards.  They seem to be getting worse as time goes on, not better, which is a trend we’ve seen before.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

He is sackable now, other managers have been sacked in similar positions but IMO he gets till next season.  We simply can not chop and change our backroom staff every year and expect results. It doesn't work like that.

He needs at the bare minimum of another window.

If we get pumped out of Europe and are looking no better by this time next season then we should be looking at it again.

If he doesn't win any silverware next season then I think he is sackable.

This 100%

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Arfield and mcgregor weren't his signings ,they were already signed just before he came, goldson has cost us a few goals and barasic is a shitebag

Gerrard would've had the final say on Arfield and McGregor i would imagine. Goldson has had a few dodgy games, definitely, but we've still conceded far less goals this season and he's played a big part in that. Barisic needs to do more, but he's still better than Declan John, so he's improved us.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If Arfield and McGregor were shite they'd be Gerrards signings and you know it. 

Fact is their not his signings.

but Sadiq,coulibally, ejaria , Flanagan, Lafferty,  grezda all his signings and all shite

and 2 decent signings in January rather than Davis and Defoe ,could have won us the league

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Mark Allen had all but signed McGregor and Arfield prior to Gerrard being appointed.  I don’t think Gerrard had much input on those.

When we signed Katic Allen said it was evidence of our scouting network working.  I’m assuming we had scouts in Croatia and that’s why we picked up a few players from there.

What I would also say about the players you’ve mentioned (McGregor, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Arfield) is that they all started the season well but seem to have gone backwards.  They seem to be getting worse as time goes on, not better, which is a trend we’ve seen before.

The have regressed it seems, definitely. But, at the same time, this is the first time most of them have played 50 odd games in a season, that's probably playing a part tbh. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This time next season in the same situation. 

Anything earlier and your a taig in disguise. 

Depends where we are at the break or approaching it I personally think he will be gone by Christmas I really hope I am wrong but I fear I’m not. Each press conference and post match interview sounds like Warburton.

24 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Rodgers signings improved them? 

His best signing was Sinclair and that's it. 

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Goldson, McGregor, Barisic and Arfield are all upgrades on the players we had  before them and have clearly improved us. 

Barisic? Thats why a warburton centre mid plays before him in the left back slot

And as ive said, i believe that arfield and shagger were already lined up for us pre gerrard, like dembele was pre rodgers

Just now, bob1873 said:

Depends where we are at the break or approaching it I personally think he will be gone by Christmas I really hope I am wrong but I fear I’m not. Each press conference and post match interview sounds like Warburton.

I’m really wanting to answer your post but find I really can’t be arsed. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I’m really wanting to answer your post but find I really can’t be arsed. 

All about opinions but making a 2/3 hour trip one way every home game gives you time to think about it and that’s my view mate. I hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Barisic? Thats why a warburton centre mid plays before him in the left back slot

And as ive said, i believe that arfield and shagger were already lined up for us pre gerrard, like dembele was pre rodgers

Barisic needs to do more, i agree, but it's far too early to be writing him off tbh. He wouldn't be a Croatian international if he was pish. 

Folk can argue as much as they like about who signed who, but at the end of the day Gerrard has produced the best performances out of guys like Morelos and Tavernier.

Would they have played as well against the likes of Villarreal and celtic under Murty, Warburton or Caixinha?

I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Folk can argue as much as they like about who signed who, but at the end of the day Gerrard has produced the best performances out of guys like Morelos and Tavernier.

Would they have played as well against the likes of Villarreal and celtic under Murty, Warburton or Caixinha?

I doubt it.

Halliday bossed the tarriers under warburton 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barisic isn't an upgrade. John was gash but he's as good as that useless shitebag.

Pish.

John was a lightweight shitebag who constantly shat out of challenges, all he had was pace. That's why he's only played 8 times this season, he was terrible.

Barisic is a Croatian international who's only been here around 6 months and is clearly taking time to adjust to the Scottish game. 

Archived