At what point does gerrard become sackable

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mind when walter played anti football in europe, it got results, why should killie and the sheep play to our strengths just for us ffs

Im not saying they should. 

Im saying you need to put some of these results you are talking about into context. You know by looking at what happened in the games. 

In the majority of games we have outplayed these teams. Agree?

Now factor in shite refs (sending off players etc), individual player errors and shite finishing. 

Bottom line is if we had a player willing to take responsibility on a consistent basis we would have won most of these games easily.

Im not saying the manager is blame free, some of his signings have been horrific but thats what happens when you are forced to bring in free transfers or players for 1-2 million specifically with the mentality to play for a club like Rangers

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

First up he shouldnt be before people think thats my point, however the excuse that its his first season, he needs time to make his own squad etc, surely they can only be used so long

Call me crazy but I’d  say the ‘first season’ excuse has a shelf life of one season. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

January 2015

Summer 2016

January 2016

Three windows. 

Warburton didnt sign till june 2015 so fuck knows how he had jan 2015

Warburton won the championship in may 2016 he had summer 2016 as a premiership team to fix issues, and badly backed i might add

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Warburton didnt sign till june 2015 so fuck knows how he had jan 2015

Warburton won the championship in may 2016 he had summer 2016 as a premiership team to fix issues, and badly backed i might add

Jan 2016 then the following summer. 

My mistake I've already had two tonic today :lol:

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

The sad truth is that they very seldom make winners as managers.

utter shite 

Clough, Robson, Zidane, Guardiola, Simone, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Ancellotti, Capello, Conte, Deschamps to name a few

Not had a chance to read the whole thread, but in response to the thread title, I'd say Gerrard is our last hope to stop them getting 10iar. 

There's no time to get another manager in and rebuild again. It'll cost us 10s of millions, with no guarantee. 

We need stability, and the only way to get that now is to keep Gerrard. 

I understand at this stage he has a worse win %age than Warburton Caixinha and Murty, but unless we get someone of an extreme calibre and a war chest of something like £40m, we're not going to be any better off if he goes. 

Its a difficult one to call. 

When he has us beat at Ibrox by the tims after the split for them to win 8 in a row it should be considered.

When he's pipped for 2nd by Aberdeen at the end of the split games, it should happen.

Gerrard is wrong if he thinks we don't need another big rebuild in the summer.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

When he has us beat at Ibrox by the tims after the split for them to win 8 in a row it should be considered.

When he's pipped for 2nd by Aberdeen at the end of the split games, it should happen.

Gerrard is wrong if he thinks we don't need another big rebuild in the summer.

New LB, RB, CH x2, GK arguably, midfield enforcer, box to box midfielder, central attacking midfielder x 2, left sided attacker, right sided attacker, striker x 2.

Yip, I'd say yet another rebuild required. 

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

New LB, RB, CH x2, GK arguably, midfield enforcer, box to box midfielder, central attacking midfielder x 2, left sided attacker, right sided attacker, striker x 2.

Yip, I'd say yet another rebuild required. 

The amount of key positions we're losing alone due to loans finishing. Then the amount of utter fucking pish in our squad on top of all those. Some of these players look the farthest thing from interested. They couldn't care less. They don't want to be here in my opinion.

We're easily looking another dozen players in and out in the summer, easily. The worst part is I have zero faith they'll get even half the players right. It's fucking shite man.

14 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

utter shite 

Clough, Robson, Zidane, Guardiola, Simone, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Ancellotti, Capello, Conte, Deschamps to name a few

Shortage of former England captains in there.

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

utter shite 

Not shite at all. Sure, there are few notable exceptions but the vast majority of top players who attempt management fail to replicate their success. It's a different skill set/discipline. Most of the truly great managers (Clough included) either had unremarkable playing careers or were frustrated by injury/circumstance.

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Unfortunately I agree with you mate.

Take away McGregor and Morelos and we are no further forward.

His two striker signings - Defoe and Lafferty.

Those two wouldn’t get us third.

To solve the problems from wide - 3 goal Jordon Jones.

Another CDM in Graeme Shinnie.

Gerrard and that fraud Allen, it’s like the blind leading the blind.

Archived