Gerrard and Davis : Post Match Reactions

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with his assessment. I did't think we were that bad today either (except for Kent, I thought he was rotten). We just lack that killer instinct in the final third and he recognizes it and plans to change it.

We barely created a chance! Morelos literally made his goal out of nothing. Bachmann with little to do. That itself is horrendous.

whats the point in having all the ball if we don’t work their keeper? Coupled with horrific defending. 

Not good enough.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Gotta look at things into perspective. Davis was a good player for us for years in that team. Nobody comparing him to Jim Baxter, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

I agree he's pish now, or at least has been so far, but if you didn't rate him before, you can't have rated many of them in that team as he was one of the best. No point saying you didn't rate him in that team because someone we had Gascoigne 15 years before that. Obviously there's no comparison to teams gone by, but in context of what we had at that time, and what we were up against, he was a good wee player.

He was decent enough for his time. Finished now tbh. I really feel for Gerrard, because this team has shown in many many games this season, that they can play, thry just can't do it consistently enough, way way to many draws in games we shpjld have buried. It is hugely frustrating. But we need to give the Manager some time, 3 seasons imo.

But if were miles off again next season, then I'm sorry he has to go.

He has to win something, or at worst, come within minutes of winning something to get a 3rd year at it.

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Thought his team selection and tactics were wrong today. Subs at ht were strange though Candeias was pish.  Fuck knows about Halliday. 

You would have been moaning if he had waited to the 70th minute to make changes. 

6 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

laughing at Davis 'we should have tested the keeper a bit more'

Try fucking shooting then you shitebag

I hope we dont sign this guy on a contract after his loan is up

To be fair, Davis’s deflected shot gave him his hardest save.

But a few more to go with it wouldn’t have gone amiss!

With you on your plans for his future!

Davis has been pish so far but he was one of our best players yesterday.. not that it says much in a frustrating draw to Kilmarnock at Ibrox...

I am firmly behind Gerrard, we can't keep sacking managers.  However, he needs to acknowledge that the gulf in resources between us and everyone outside celtic means there are really no excuses in games like today.  Aberdeen are simply overhyped as a club, we hadn't lost to them at home in 20+ years and now it's becoming a regular occurrence.

12 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Davis has been pish so far but he was one of our best players yesterday.. not that it says much in a frustrating draw to Kilmarnock at Ibrox...

I am firmly behind Gerrard, we can't keep sacking managers.  However, he needs to acknowledge that the gulf in resources between us and everyone outside celtic means there are really no excuses in games like today.  Aberdeen are simply overhyped as a club, we hadn't lost to them at home in 20+ years and now it's becoming a regular occurrence.

Highlighted bit :tu:

I don't think there is that much between Rangers and Celtics resources, their players seem over valued for what they actually do.

12 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Thought Davis was the best if a bad bunch today. Offered more than Arfield does.

Thought he was our best player. Yes he made mistakes, but he fought for and won back possession each time. For the first time since his return I saw there was a player still in there.

11 hours ago, Ivybank said:

He said Killie constantly fouled and broke the game up, yet said Aberdeen deserved to win on Tuesday, after getting 8 bookings!

if he can't see his own shortcomings, attack the other team,another warburton/ murty

Kilmarnock did.

The Sheep did.

By shortcomings you mean like when he's accepted responsibility for defeats, or when he acknowledges he can and will improve going forward?

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Highlighted bit :tu:

I don't think there is that much between Rangers and Celtics resources, their players seem over valued for what they actually do.

We pay half the salaries they do and they spent £9m on a striker.  Regardless of the value they get from their expenditure, their resources are still much bigger.

22 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

laughing at Davis 'we should have tested the keeper a bit more'

Try fucking shooting then you shitebag

I hope we dont sign this guy on a contract after his loan is up

I'll never understand why he didn't blast that chance past the keeper,no excuse for it.

4 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'll never understand why he didn't blast that chance past the keeper,no excuse for it.

Lack of match sharpness, lack of confidence, lack of ability in that sort of situation.      I'm not looking to excuse him though.