Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mibbe in the run of mill games but big matches in Europe, tarrier games and even Hibs game the other week the stadium was singing TBB

I can’t remember TBB being sung against the Danes at Ibrox but I do remember the UBs starting to sing at the end of the game whereas the crowd rightly never followed 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Not sure if anyone has posted but here's some contact details if anyone wishes to ask any questions 

Nil By Mouth
Touchbase
Middlesex Street
Glasgow
G41 1EE
Telephone: 0141 418 7194

Fare network
16-16A Baldwin Gardens
Hatton Gardens
London. EC1N 7RJ

info@farenet.org

Just noticed this on Twitter and this seems a good place to put it. I think I have read about this before but it is a good reminder what we are up against.

4 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

IF this happens again it will be a closed door game. Does anyone seriously want that to happen?

No not at all although it's seems like we have lost we all need to take this part closure as the final warning we can't sing those songs again. But if we do all adhere to this warning my worry is what will be the next attack on our great club.

28 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just noticed this on Twitter and this seems a good place to put it. I think I have read about this before but it is a good reminder what we are up against.

Did they not get a warning from the information commissioner ?

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I don't know mate, the lad said he did nothing about it at the time but is going to see what he can do now. 

Lawwell is a liar who spouts their PR shite about being all inclusive.  They had a sectarian policy for over 100 years 

47 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I don't know mate, the lad said he did nothing about it at the time but is going to see what he can do now. 

From FF

casework@ico.gsi.gov.uk

To:

20 Dec 2011 at 14:33

20 December 2011

Case Reference Number ***************

Dear Mr 

I apologise for the delay in completing this assessment. When I last wrote to you, I explained that when we receive data protection complaints, our obligation is to make an assessment. An assessment is the Information Commissioner’s view about whether an organisation has followed the rules of good practice for handling information in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA). 

I also explained that our aim is to ensure that organisations deal with personal information properly in the future. Our assessment decisions can help us to decide whether we should take action against a particular organisation.

Our decision

I wrote to Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) about this matter and have now received its response. On the basis of all of the information provided by you and FARE, we have decided that it is unlikely that FARE has complied with the requirements of the DPA in this case.

This is because it disclosed your personal details to the organisation you had complained about when it was not within your reasonable expectations that it would do so. Its website provided conflicting information about what information about complainants was likely to be shared.

However, the Information Commissioner has decided that further regulatory action is not required at this time.

When deciding whether regulatory action is appropriate, we take into account the organisation’s general record of compliance with the DPA (including any previous assessments we have made) and any other information that is in our possession (including information given during the course of those assessments).

FARE has now changed the information on its incident reporting form so that it now asks for explicit consent from complainants to share their personal data with organisations complained about. We consider that this is appropriate remedial action in the circumstances. This should clarify, both for complainants and FARE staff, whether complainants agree for their personal information to be shared.  

Having carefully considered all the information that we hold about FARE, we are satisfied that it takes its obligations under the DPA seriously and that we need take no further regulatory action at this point.

Next steps

However, most organisations want to put things right when they have gone wrong and learn from complaints that are raised with them. We are satisfied that FARE has now taken appropriate remedial steps to prevent the situation from happening again.

We will keep a record of your complaint and take this assessment into account if we receive further complaints about FARE. The information we gather from complaints may form the basis for action in the future.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Joy Corne

Lead Case Officer - Complaints Resolution Group 1

Direct dial number 01625 545844

Just now, Bears r us said:

I got it up on my phone right away, it might be because you are not on twitter but I am no expert that is for sure. 😁 

Possibly, I can see the screenshot and link but when I click on it I get the try again error. I do have a twitter account I think but I always thought the platform was pish myself and never bothered going on it

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Possibly, I can see the screenshot and link but when I click on it I get the try again error. I do have a twitter account I think but I always thought the platform was pish myself and never bothered going on it

I used to say I would never join twatter as I called it, then last Oct for some reason, wanted to see what it was all about I think, and joined up. 

I must admit I do enjoy it,  NAT bashing is my favourite part. 😁

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I used to say I would never join twatter as I called it, then last Oct for some reason, wanted to see what it was all about I think, and joined up. 

I must admit I do enjoy it,  NAT bashing is my favourite part. 😁

Lol see I won't go down that route after getting a shit load, and I do mean a shit load of grief so I don't bother with anything like that. Even Facebook I very rarely if ever post. Not worth the grief

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Here's a thought, see if we put up a banner with a picture of their deport the fenian army nonsense, will we get done with it? 

Yes we would. It would be classed as discriminatory against them in the same way a black man can call himself a n***er but we cant

Archived