Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Here's a thought, see if we put up a banner with a picture of their deport the fenian army nonsense, will we get done with it? 

In Europe we get done. 

Would be nice to see a banner with “Know Your Place Fenian Army Scum” next Sunday. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sense from the Bridgeton Loyal RSC, who are hardly handwringers -

Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

1 hr ·

This was posted earlier on one of our members personal twitter feed and has received a bit of reaction and comment. We have put it on this page to let a bigger audience read the post and comment further.

Following the UEFA statement and the partial closing of the stadium for Thursdays game, it feels like we have now reached a pivotal moment on how we continue to support our club and how we must try retain our identity without incurring further penalties and sanctions.

Firstly, we should all recognise an indisputable truth, that no matter what we do as a club or support, we will always be judged differently from others, there is a level of hatred for us within Scottish society which manifests itself everyday, not just from our rivals but also in the press, on radio and TV and even from Politicians. All of these are allowed free reign to constantly demonise our club and support with impunity, we all know who they are.

What is also important is that we should recognise our own failings here and hold our hands up to the fact we have been warned numerous times about certain songs and the consequences continuing to sing them would bring, we have failed to heed the warnings and now we are almost certainly looking at a full ground closure if we carry on.

I have been reading many posts on social media where supporters have been pointing fingers of blame at everyone from the UB to the board, it is absolutely ridiculous to apportion blame on any one group or section of support, almost every single one of us has belted out the BB and the rest, so please do not let this divide us. We know where the attitude towards us is coming from and we also know why it's being highlighted now, they have laughed at us for the last few years but our enemies really do now know " the Rangers ARE coming".

What can we do to turn this around?

for me it's fairly simple. We have to make the necessary changes to our song book, but we come back even harder with chants and banners which clearly identify our enemies and causes with no ambiguity, we tell them who and what we are, we highlight double standards and cover ups inside and outside of football, and we never miss them, we show them we will never bend the knee or be subservient to their version of what we should be.
On Rangers on.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh please don’t start it’s the same as a Black calling himself a n***er, it isn’t even comparable. 

Exactly, the N word has always been a slur - similar to Yid which has been adopted in defiance by some of those who it has been used against. Fenian wasn't a slur but a name adopted proudly by people with the very same views as those feigning offence today.

1 minute ago, theweebluenose said:

Exactly, the N word has always been a slur - similar to Yid which has been adopted in defiance by some of those who it has been used against. Fenian wasn't a slur but a name adopted proudlt by people with the very same views as those feigning offence today.

My point being its the context in which it's used. Be honest do u think calling someone a fenian bastard isn't an insult regardless of the original meaning of the word because I know I only use it for that exact reason. Unfortunately that's exactly what UEFA are jumping on. Not the meaning of the word but the way its used

15 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Sense from the Bridgeton Loyal RSC, hardly handwringers -

Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

1 hr ·

This was posted earlier on one of our members personal twitter feed and has received a bit of reaction and comment. We have put it on this page to let a bigger audience read the post and comment further.

Following the UEFA statement and the partial closing of the stadium for Thursdays game, it feels like we have now reached a pivotal moment on how we continue to support our club and how we must try retain our identity without incurring further penalties and sanctions.

Firstly, we should all recognise an indisputable truth, that no matter what we do as a club or support, we will always be judged differently from others, there is a level of hatred for us within Scottish society which manifests itself everyday, not just from our rivals but also in the press, on radio and TV and even from Politicians. All of these are allowed free reign to constantly demonise our club and support with impunity, we all know who they are.

What is also important is that we should recognise our own failings here and hold our hands up to the fact we have been warned numerous times about certain songs and the consequences continuing to sing them would bring, we have failed to heed the warnings and now we are almost certainly looking at a full ground closure if we carry on.

I have been reading many posts on social media where supporters have been pointing fingers of blame at everyone from the UB to the board, it is absolutely ridiculous to apportion blame on any one group or section of support, almost every single one of us has belted out the BB and the rest, so please do not let this divide us. We know where the attitude towards us is coming from and we also know why it's being highlighted now, they have laughed at us for the last few years but our enemies really do now know " the Rangers ARE coming".

What can we do to turn this around?

for me it's fairly simple. We have to make the necessary changes to our song book, but we come back even harder with chants and banners which clearly identify our enemies and causes with no ambiguity, we tell them who and what we are, we highlight double standards and cover ups inside and outside of football, and we never miss them, we show them we will never bend the knee or be subservient to their version of what we should be.
On Rangers on.

How would that make them handwringers??

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well that just makes there view point even more ludicrous. 

I blame the eunuchs that were running the club at the time for not making sure that our side was fairly represented when the agenda was being pushed in the first place.

As I remember it UEFA were originally content to shrug their shoulders and dismiss the whole thing as being internal politics of the UK/Ireland (which it clearly is), but some catholic from the continent was like a dog with a bone over it and they caved in and changed their minds.

14 minutes ago, rossDas said:

I blame the eunuchs that were running the club at the time for not making sure that our side was fairly represented when the agenda was being pushed in the first place.

As I remember it UEFA were originally content to shrug their shoulders and dismiss the whole thing as being internal politics of the UK/Ireland (which it clearly is), but some catholic from the continent was like a dog with a bone over it and they caved in and changed their minds.

Pretty sure it was some Fenian from the Republic that kept on at them. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Pretty sure it was some Fenian from the Republic that kept on at them. 

Could be . In any event the situation regarding free speech etc is far worse than it was back then and I can't see anything favourable coming of contesting it now, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That has nothing to do with it . So we have to be eternally thankful to him .Because he railroaded them out using the media and his hired hands .

And has basically taken us back to the DM days of zero transparency and not giving a fuck about the people that matter . Our supporters .

Naw count me out of the sycophantic behaviour towards our spineless board

Be careful what you wish for for

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

lol whit?   It's already happened.  The section WILL be closed for the legia game.  Have you been paying attention?

Nope lol.

That was from the first page of this thread. I hadn't read the clubs site at that point. If it wasn't for the racism part that has been thrown in, then I stand by what I said.

We can't let whoever it was get away with calling our songs racist. That is bang out of order.

Bloody paedos making sure that we are the ones with the big story In the press rather than themselves.  

Sad sad fuckers. 

7 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Not sure if anyone has posted but here's some contact details if anyone wishes to ask any questions 

Nil By Mouth
Touchbase
Middlesex Street
Glasgow
G41 1EE
Telephone: 0141 418 7194

Fare network
16-16A Baldwin Gardens
Hatton Gardens
London. EC1N 7RJ

info@farenet.org

They're a fenian organisation mate. Set up by a family who's son was stabbed and died after an old firm game for wearing a celtic top apparently.

They claim they are fair, but they can't help but lean towards the mhank side.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

They're a fenian organisation mate. Set up by a family who's son was stabbed and died after an old firm game for wearing a celtic top apparently.

They claim they are fair, but they can't help but lean towards the mhank side.

It wasn’t after an old firm and he was killed because he had a celtic scarf on, don’t think there’s any apparently about

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Yes we would. It would be classed as discriminatory against them in the same way a black man can call himself a n***er but we cant

Thats actually not true. If you're offended by him calling himself a n***er, then under our laws it is racist. 

Ridiculous, I know. But true none the less.

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

My point being its the context in which it's used. Be honest do u think calling someone a fenian bastard isn't an insult regardless of the original meaning of the word because I know I only use it for that exact reason. Unfortunately that's exactly what UEFA are jumping on. Not the meaning of the word but the way its used

If that's the case, then we need to start calling ourselves H***...

We could have a banner - H*** in the sun having fun. 

Where's the feenyuns?

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How would that make them handwringers??

A know a lot of them and They are more neck wringers than hand wringers 😂 

It’s  somebody’s opinion and we are all entitled to one, it’s not the opinions of those who agree we should stop singing these songs that got me spewing it’s the actual decision of eufa that pissed me off and then the pc mob in our support who think it’s their divine right to say who is and who isnt wanted at ibrox, fkin goons

some people are more grown up about the fact we WILL have to stop singing some songs in ibrox, after singing these song my whole life to date, it might take a bit of getting used, but outside of ibrox it’s fair game until they start putting us in the jail for it again

EDIT: wasnt directed at you mate was directed at what you quoted

?M 

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It wasn’t after an old firm and he was killed because he had a celtic scarf on, don’t think there’s any apparently about

Fair do's, it was a long time ago but the point I was making still stands...

What you mean with "dont think there's any apparently about"?

Archived