Ojo

KingKirk

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think Ojo is a bad player. Do I think he’s A good enough standard to start for us no. But I do think he can get better. Look at Kent last season he improved as the season went on and hopefully Ojo can do the same. 

For me though my front 3 is Jones Morelos Kent 

or Arfield Morelos Kent 

when fully fit obviously. 

On 15/09/2019 at 21:34, bam74 said:

He was allowed to leave because he was 31 and wasn't going to get any better. He hit the first man with near enough every ball but got away with it because he ran about a lot. Ojo has the potential to be a much better player but needs to get his finger out pronto. Just a shame Jones is out because he was a cert to be in our first 11.

I'm not questioning why he was allowed to leave quite the opposite actually, I agree that he was pish and we need better if we are to win titles again but as shit as hes at times he hasn't been replaced.

If you could mould Candieas graft and passion into Ojo's pace and trickery you would have a player.

Don't think the boy has been able to settle yet given he's played in 3 different positions with a variety of defenders behind him that he needs to learn their game plan

Stick him on the right, let him settle with tav, let him learn our whole game plan from the one viewpoint then judge him

No doubt he'll be back out left now and arfield (penalty aside i thought was involved far more in the middle last sat) back wide right but coming inside and being anonymous again

42 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Don't think the boy has been able to settle yet given he's played in 3 different positions with a variety of defenders behind him that he needs to learn their game plan

Stick him on the right, let him settle with tav, let him learn our whole game plan from the one viewpoint then judge him

No doubt he'll be back out left now and arfield (penalty aside i thought was involved far more in the middle last sat) back wide right but coming inside and being anonymous again

Don’t speak.

5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

If you could mould Candieas graft and passion into Ojo's pace and trickery you would have a player.

Trickery? 

Saw more from Candieas. Ojo has shown nothing but pace. His lack of control and awareness is shocking. 

When Ojo does something good, it can be very good and impactive in terms of goals and assists. But the same could have been said for Windass and others, luxury players who you cant rely on to put a shift in, but who might reward you with a bit of class.

I personally don't think we can afford that type of player in our team / system, we simply need hard graft from all in terms of work ethic, pressing, chasing back, busting a gut to get involved. I also don't think he's good enough to warrant others doing the work of two to cover his responsibilities.

I'm not writing him off as he's clearly got ability. But he needs to show more, do more, and impact more on and off the ball in the thankless stuff, the stuff Candeais was very good at. And he needs to learn to do it soon or once Kent / Jones return he will find himself benched, especially if Barker takes his chance.

8 hours ago, JograBear said:

Trickery? 

Saw more from Candieas. Ojo has shown nothing but pace. His lack of control and awareness is shocking. 

I can't take to Ojo but thats bullshit, over the 2 years Candeias was with us you could count on one hand how kany times he beat a man, would never take a man on always looking to pass it off or get an early cross in, you see flashes from Ojo if only he had better pitch awareness.

7 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I can't take to Ojo but thats bullshit, over the 2 years Candeias was with us you could count on one hand how kany times he beat a man, would never take a man on always looking to pass it off or get an early cross in, you see flashes from Ojo if only he had better pitch awareness.

Warburtonesque

Ojo at the moment offers 20% of what candeias did. 

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Pitch awareness.......Pitch Geography.  Thought Warburton was long gone.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I can't decide if it's sheer greed or rotten decision making. 

Either way aspect of his game he's got to improve on. 

Definitely awful decision making

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Don't rate him at all

The amount of times he slows play down too by killing the ball stone dead when he receives it is ridiculous aswell

He has this really annoying habit of slowing things down, waiting for 3 players to close all the space around him, then do the thing he should have done immediately when he was 1 v 1 and gets smothered by said 3 players 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Didn’t think he was great tonight but he wasn’t awful. 

I don’t rate him but I think he has marginally improved the last two games.

He was actually attempting to run past the full back today and in behind rather than standing on the halfway line asking midfielders to pass the ball 2 yards to his feet 

Archived