TAV

Weemani

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He scored a free kick last week, to bring us back in the game, and then we scored from his corner to make it 2-1.

He also stuck the ball on Goldson’s big 50p heed 2 or 3 times last night from excellent corners, just as he did away against Killie to win us the game. 

There’s criticising him, and then there’s just talking utter shite.

Take that point out if it then. Tav runs himself empty every game, commendable as that is it could of cost us again last night. Teams know that he’ll struggle to get back and near the end he was gallivanting down the wing leaving the attacker space. Goldson had to take a yellow card and foul him.  His need for creating assists or even goals is compromising the team. Gerrard needs, for his own good to man manage him better.

Be more selective when he makes these runs maybe. 

4 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Some people need to just accept he's one of our best players and move on. The over the top criticism he gets on here at times is a riddy tbh and there's no chance he's getting dropped, especially when Polster is replacing him - that's just madness tbh.

Even if he's having a poor game or makes the odd mistake, he's still capable of producing a moment of magic to win us games. No other player in the team is capable of adding what he does in his absence.

One of the first names on the team sheet imo.

Good post mate. Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Take that point out if it then. Tav runs himself empty every game, commendable as that is it could of cost us again last night. Teams know that he’ll struggle to get back and near the end he was gallivanting down the wing leaving the attacker space. Goldson had to take a yellow card and foul him.  His need for creating assists or even goals is compromising the team. Gerrard needs, for his own good to man manage him better.

Be more selective when he makes these runs maybe. 

No. 

Your point, and a few others, is that he’s ‘shite’ or ‘not good enough’ or even that fucking Flanagan should start ahead of him. It’s uneducated pish. 

You wanted him off freekicks and corners, like you hadn’t watched any of our games or seen his contribution from them this year and last. You can’t just go ‘ok but that point doesn’t count now’ because the facts have you stuck. 

I swear some people have made up their mind on him, and can’t get over his defending from 2-4 years ago OR don’t actually watch our games and just listen to the narrative from bawbags like Mark Wilson on Clyde 1 and Andy Walker on Sky. 

Embarrassing. 

Edit: and if Gerrard didn’t want him playing like that he wouldn’t be.

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No. 

Your point, and a few others, is that he’s ‘shite’ or ‘not good enough’ or even that fucking Flanagan should start ahead of him. It’s uneducated pish. 

You wanted him off freekicks and corners, like you hadn’t watched any of our games or seen his contribution from them this year and last. You can’t just go ‘ok but that point doesn’t count now’ because the facts have you stuck. 

I swear some people have made up their mind on him, and can’t get over his defending from 2-4 years ago OR don’t actually watch our games and just listen to the narrative from bawbags like Mark Wilson on Clyde 1 and Andy Walker on Sky. 

Embarrassing. 

Edit: and if Gerrard didn’t want him playing like that he wouldn’t be.

Never really said he was shite or not good enough. I think he runs himself to oblivion and it gives the opposition a platform to score against us. Near the end of the game last night they targeted his side.

Gerrard needs to use the assets Tav has more wisely.  Not saying he shouldn’t be first choice but it’ll do him no harm to have someone pushing him for that position. His first half is always a lot more productive than the 2nd, he tires and who would blame him considering the work he does. 

He's been a shadow of the player going forward that he was last season - potentially due to Candeias leaving. Set pieces he's still our most productive player but he's definitely taken a step back in open play for me

Defensively he was always called out but I think last season he improved massively, to the point where I think he deserves criticism for being below that standard this season. Goldson has had a poor last few games though and again that's maybe drawn more attention to Tab. 

17 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

He's been a shadow of the player going forward that he was last season - potentially due to Candeias leaving. Set pieces he's still our most productive player but he's definitely taken a step back in open play for me

Defensively he was always called out but I think last season he improved massively, to the point where I think he deserves criticism for being below that standard this season. Goldson has had a poor last few games though and again that's maybe drawn more attention to Tab. 

18/19 season after 13 games he had 4 goals and 3 assists.

So far this season after 13 games he has 2 goals and 5 assists.

2 less goals, but 2 more assists - going by those stats, he's arguably better than last season going forward and has more assists without Candeias.

He's certainly not a "shadow of the player going forward that he was last season". 

17 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

My points make perfect sense. You are obviously just too stupid to see them.

You literally stated:-

"How can anybody say Tav is good enough for a title winning team when he hasn’t played a part in a title win yet?"

Taking this rather moronic point to its conclusion, you could substitute Tavs name for Kent, Morelos or Arfield, as they have never been part of a title winning team for us either.

Keep moaning though, it's nice to know you have already surrendered the title this season, since you are adamant that our captain will never win the league with us.

you could add Gerrard to that list --- hopefully he'll get his 1st title when we clinch #55 but he never won a title as a player 🙂 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Never really said he was shite or not good enough. I think he runs himself to oblivion and it gives the opposition a platform to score against us. Near the end of the game last night they targeted his side.

Gerrard needs to use the assets Tav has more wisely.  Not saying he shouldn’t be first choice but it’ll do him no harm to have someone pushing him for that position. His first half is always a lot more productive than the 2nd, he tires and who would blame him considering the work he does. 

FFS they targeted the hs side cause they were gettng no change out of the Barisic . Helander side 

Whenever there is a post on this forum and another forum, the general opinion is Tav is well regarded and a quality player. Yet pretty much every match there's folk sitting around me complaining how bad be is and wanting him dropped. There was a caller on SSB earlier in week saying exact same thing. 

Personally I'm not a fan. Not good defensively I think everyone agrees but going forward, he used to get up the park well but his crossing and passing was hit and miss. This part has got worse, he rarely puts in an effective cross but also getting up the wing he seems to now have lost confidence going past a man and will stop and pass middle of park. 

Would like so see him being challenged for his position but also have time to rest when he needs it. Confidence won't be a factor when someone is looking for his shirt. 

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

18/19 season after 13 games he had 4 goals and 3 assists.

So far this season after 13 games he has 2 goals and 5 assists.

2 less goals, but 2 more assists - going by those stats, he's arguably better than last season going forward and has more assists without Candeias.

He's certainly not a "shadow of the player going forward that he was last season". 

Why is it that when tav gets slates someone hits out with his stats? They aren't the be all and end all, it's fine if you don't agree that's the nature of football. But his general play this season going forward has been poor compared to previous seasons. He's struggling to find that last yard and is more often running into trouble and I'm suggesting it may be down to Candeias being away. The combination those two had down the right was a big part of the way we played and allowed him a lot of freedom. 

Candeias a loss to his play and  Morelos too, needs somebody to play off although I'm a fan no excuses his game is way off, maybe could communicate more but he's not alone there, not much shouting goes on anywhere on the park to be honest but it's been like that for a while ? I'm auld school so how does that work !

This surely is what a big squad is there for, to rotate certain players and keep them for getting jaded. Tav is one of the players along with Goldson who has had performance level drops during the second half of games.

25 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I don't know. Maybe it's because it's proof that he hasn't actually been poor going forward.

Well it's not, Kents stats weren't very favourable at all last season but weren't a true reflection of his play. Watching tav this season he has been poorer than last year. 

1 hour ago, Davhow said:

Whenever there is a post on this forum and another forum, the general opinion is Tav is well regarded and a quality player. Yet pretty much every match there's folk sitting around me complaining how bad be is and wanting him dropped. There was a caller on SSB earlier in week saying exact same thing. 

Personally I'm not a fan. Not good defensively I think everyone agrees but going forward, he used to get up the park well but his crossing and passing was hit and miss. This part has got worse, he rarely puts in an effective cross but also getting up the wing he seems to now have lost confidence going past a man and will stop and pass middle of park. 

Would like so see him being challenged for his position but also have time to rest when he needs it. Confidence won't be a factor when someone is looking for his shirt. 

Most callers and pundits on SSB are utter, utter clowns.

He has five assists (from crosses) from RB already. Even if you take Livi last week he also put another on a plate for Morelos that he made an arse of. His crossing is the best in our team, and probably the league. Can’t believe that’s what you’re complaining about :lol: 

I’d suggest you go back and watch some of the highlights in the league so far. He’s out best player at going by players. He dragged us back into the lead at Killie, with a driving run to get us up the park (and then a fantastic corner for Goldson to score).

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

Why is it that when tav gets slates someone hits out with his stats? They aren't the be all and end all, it's fine if you don't agree that's the nature of football. But his general play this season going forward has been poor compared to previous seasons. He's struggling to find that last yard and is more often running into trouble and I'm suggesting it may be down to Candeias being away. The combination those two had down the right was a big part of the way we played and allowed him a lot of freedom. 

Every footballers game is based on stats and if we look at his offensive stats alone, they prove that he's not any worse than previous seasons and he's actually improving - they also prove that he's better without Candeias and clearly has more freedom without him. If you want to back up your claims without using facts, go for it.

I don't need to use stats to back up the fact Tav is one of our best players, he clearly is and some people on here hate that for some reason.

Archived