Winning Mentality

The Godfather

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Do we have it?

Our manager does or did as a player but in terms of our squad who in there has it bar the two old boys in Davis and AM? 

We have the ability that’s not in question but that alone isn’t going to win us anything because the mental side of things seems to be shafting us again like last year. We go top for a few weeks (mainly due to the break) and our first game after it we drop points just like last season. 

Lessons don’t seem to be learned and a theme is starting to form.

Too many don't have it and you can start with Tav, closely followed by Ojo and a few others.

Gerrard had it in spades, but as a rookie manager, he's still learning and falling into the trap of liking players and playing favourites and again start with Tav.

The pals act doesn't win you games, but admitting to and correcting a wrong decision as in Tav, is what makes a leader and a winner.

Time Gerrard got ruthless, or none other than TLB, who is thick ad two short ones, but is ruthless, will fucking shred him in his continual picking of losers and putting square pegs in round holes, Arfield!

To add, we do have the quality and mentality in the squad, but it is about getting the right starting eleven and Tav for one isn't one of them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

A baw hair off of November, and equal points and gd wie the scum. Semi final. Cunts need a grip and go to games

Dropping points during the season was always going to happen yes. 

It's just so frustrating that it's happened again in the next game after going top. 

24 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

A baw hair off of November, and equal points and gd wie the scum. Semi final. Cunts need a grip and go to games

Shut up.

14 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Really? Against on of our hardest away days. It is what it is

They’ve not won at home since March, beat off Killie  and Motherwell there recently, 2 points in 7 at home. So many injuries, a right back at centre back, a 17 year old left back at right back.

They’re pish and we bottled it.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

When was the last chance to go top that we bottled?

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Old Firm game ?

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Do you want me to go back through the fixtures?

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Does the Old Firm in September not count? 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Numerous times when they dropped points against hibs a couple seasons ago.

@Ger_onimo

Lost your phone?

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Shut up.

They’ve not won at home since March, beat off Killie  and Motherwell there recently, 2 points in 7 at home. So many injuries, a right back at centre back, a 17 year old left back at right back.

They’re pish and we bottled it.

Calm doon fatty. Yer kebab has been ordered 

14 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Better teams have went to Tynecastle and lost to worse Hearts teams in my opinion. 

Bad day at the office and hopefully we can put another run together. 

A lot worse teams have went in the past 2 months and won.  Not a bad day at the office, yet another example of us bottling it.

5 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Everyone pishing themselves when tarriers dropped points at hibs and Livi but when we do it, it’s a tough away fixture.

Pathetic.

This. Same cunts falling over themselves to make excuses for shite results and/or shite players on here all the time.

6 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

A lot worse teams have went in the past 2 months and won.  Not a bad day at the office, yet another example of us bottling it.

I disagree but I can understand why some think that.  Tynecastle is not an easy place to go and I maintain we simply didn’t play well enough to win. Not having the bottle would have seen us lose which would have been a lot worse for me. 

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I disagree but I can understand why some think that.  Tynecastle is not an easy place to go and I maintain we simply didn’t play well enough to win. Not having the bottle would have seen us lose which would have been a lot worse for me. 

Dangerous game to play. Accepting a point at tynecastle and being happy being “level on points a quarter of a way through the season”, is absolute diddy club material.

No we don't unfortunately. This game today was always going to show what this team are made. They look like they are scared of being top and the pressure it brings. You suspected deep down that this was the case but hoped you were wrong. Not making anyone a scapegoat but in situations like today we should be looking for much, much more from our captain. He in particular along with no mark ojo was weak and the first thing that should happen is he should be relieved of his role as captain. In no way, shape or form is he a Rangers captain. He probably shouldn't even be playing, but he exemplifies perfectly why this team probably aren't good enough to win things.

9 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Everyone pishing themselves when tarriers dropped points at hibs and Livi but when we do it, it’s a tough away fixture.

Pathetic.

Seen a few posts calling tynecastle a tough away game now.  A venue that hearts haven't won in since march.

It was a very winnable game. Yet they looked hungrier and more up for it. 

We need to start games on top and with a high intensity. We can't afford to start games like we did today. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Seen a few posts calling tynecastle a tough away game now.  A venue that hearts haven't won in since march.

It was a very winnable game. Yet they looked hungrier and more up for it. 

We need to start games on top and with a high intensity. We can't afford to start games like we did today. 

I agree mate but it's a long season points will be dropped. Calm heads required. The reaction is OTT 

Archived